• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got some Kava straight from Fiji. I found that pod tea + Kava tea is a fantastic combo. The synergy between the two is amazing. Unlike benzo's, one doesn't overwhelm the other, instead they co-mingle in perfect harmony. Kava by itself is ok, but with opiates it's great.

I've had kava in the past and it paled in comparison to this stuff. Has anyone tried real Fijian Kava?

PsYcHoAcTiViSt said:
One thing I keep forgetting to mention in this thread is cigarettes. I can't say that they make the experience stronger or last longer but I have noticed that they always seem to kick in opiates for me. I guess this could just be coincidental but almost every time I take an opiate the first familiar signs begin to manifest when I smoke a cig.
I'll have to check around on the web and see if I can't find any factual information.

Cigarettes are a must for me on opioids (or any drug as a matter of fact, I'm a chain smoker). The brief 'potentiation' I feel probably has to do with raised dopamine levels, which also probably relates to the increased nausea.

ArtVandalay said:
I've had kava in the past and it paled in comparison to this stuff. Has anyone tried real Fijian Kava?

Not Fijian, but Tongan Waka grade Kava, was very pleasant stuff and similar to valium; the muscle relaxant effect was just heaven for me and it was a great stress reliever. Unfortunately here in Oz they've just tightened restriction on Kava due to it's failure as a substitute for alcohol in Indigenous communities.

Wait, I don't get it. Kava failed to substitute for alcohol so they restricted it? Weird... I can't imagine that, its not dangerous/addictive, is it?

And by indigenous communities, is it safe to assume that the Aus is similar to the US in that the natives are massive alcoholics (sorry to stereotype)? In US, native Americans (who, as a white person, I will admit got fucked by the gov't) are known to have problems with alcohol (and other shit, namely meth). Does that mean the natives to Aus - aborigines? - draw a parallel to the situation in the US?

^ Yeah, except not really meth they like booze and marijuana. They live in remote rural communities plagued by violence, drunks and sexual abuse.

The remote communities are supposed to be 'dry zones', but people sneak booze in all the time.

As for kava, I don't actually think there was that much of a problem, it's certainly not as bad for you as alcohol... it was more of a case of a minority having a problem or being irresponsible with it, and the Government taking it to the extreme and cracking down on it.

You can still personally import some if you travel overseas, I think 2 kilograms is the limit.

Originally Posted by sp0r
I just want to warn you guys that drugs such as promethazine and compazine can be very dangerous. Make sure you check with your pharmacist to ensure you are not on any drugs that can react for those types of drugs have about 100 different ways to kill you

i actually almost died on compazine. i had an allergic reaction/overdose to it and my throat swelled shut and i stopped breathing. they had to do cpr, and i was in the icu for a few days. i didn't od on purpose, i had a terrible flu, and my mom took me to the er twice... they gave me fluids and a shot of compazine both times, and sent me home with compazine suppositories. i just kept throwing up and throwing up, so my mom kept giving me the compazine. my third trip to the er (thankfully she chose a different, better hospital that time) i turned blue, stopped breathing, and i also had what they call tardive dyskenisia(sp?)... all my muscles spasmed, my eyes rolled back in my head, and i couldn't make them come back down. my dad said my face muscled were so contorted it didn't look like me. scared the bejesus out of my whole family. while in the waiting room at the er my dad kept telling my mom i looked like i was od'ing on drugs and asked her if i could have taken anything. she swore i had been sick in bed for days and all i had was what she had given me. he was half right... i had such large quantities of compazine in me it caused the tardive dyskenisia while at the same time i had the allergic reaction. they told me if i ever took another anti-nausea med it would kill me. thankfully i don't remember anything from when i looked at my mom when i noticed i couldn't breathe to when i was already up in icu and the doctor kept telling me to look at her, and i couldn't get my eyes to move. that was a scary experience... i was only like 21 or 22.

so yeah, compazine can be very dangerous.

PsYcHoAcTiViSt said:
I am somewhat confused about this because I thought that cyp3a4 inhibitors were also suppose to potentiate dxm. ????.

They do (slightly). A majority of the DXM is metabolized by 2d6 into DXO (which is good). Some, however, is metabolized by 3a4 into 3MM (which is useless). So by inhibiting 3a4, more DXM is metabolized by 2d6 and converted to DXO.

Last edited:
^ For that dilemma you were speaking of here and on the previous page, about CYP inhibition and DXM, why not:
Step 1 take your DXM first, wait a bit before taking anything else. My reading says DXM--->DXO in 15-60 minutes, so its not too long to wait before you go on with...
Step 2 take cimetidine or whatever CYP2D6 inhibitor you prefer and follow that shortly with your opioid of choice. Quick, easy, and efffective. You got your DXM to metabolize to DXO, but then you inhibited 2D6 to slow the metabolism of your opioid. Oh yeah, I almost forgot...
Step 3 ENJOY!!!

It seems funny to me to go out of the way just for DXM metabolism, since its just a garnish on the main course of opiates, but if you really want to do it, that order would work just fine in getting you the best of both worlds. (DXM--->DXO & slowed metabolism of your opioid)

FailFighter: does that solve the problem?

Im gonna try this DXM thing because im sick of not being able to get sufficiently high on opiates even with benzo's, muscle relaxants and a range of other CNS depressants. It is shitting me to no end. But thanks for the directions on how much I should take mate, I was actually gonna do a search later but you got to it before I did %) Cheers JC :) Your always doing an awesome and reliable job as a mod and general helper in the community, your a legend mate.

Mr Blonde said:
^ Yeah, except not really meth they like booze and marijuana. They live in remote rural communities plagued by violence, drunks and sexual abuse.

The remote communities are supposed to be 'dry zones', but people sneak booze in all the time.

As for kava, I don't actually think there was that much of a problem, it's certainly not as bad for you as alcohol... it was more of a case of a minority having a problem or being irresponsible with it, and the Government taking it to the extreme and cracking down on it.

You can still personally import some if you travel overseas, I think 2 kilograms is the limit.

My sister is in Fiji right now so I asked her to bring me back some, hopefully it will be better than the crap my mate bought back from fiji that I had about 10 bowls of and it had very minimal effects. And yeah bout the aboriginals, sadly Aboriginals laying dead on the road in the outback is a scarily common sight, they get so drunk and walk home without knowing theyre on a road with cars and boom, they get hit by a truck or something. Alot of people laugh about it which makes me sick, but it is quite common for drunk aboriginals to get hit and killed by trucks :\

Last edited:
Is there an ultimate timeframe between the eating of the grapefruit and taking the actual drug?

Is one grapefruit enough and does it matter if its a white or red one?

^from what i hear, its white grapefruit, and you ingest it an hour before you take your dose. I guess one grapefruit might be enough, depends on the size and how much juice you can get out of it.

the_ketaman said:
Cheers JC :) Your always doing an awesome and reliable job as a mod and general helper in the community, your a legend mate.
Wow, you don't know how much that means to me, thank you so much. I'm flattered. =D

the_ketaman said:
And yeah bout the aboriginals, sadly Aboriginals laying dead on the road in the outback is a scarily common sight, they get so drunk and walk home without knowing theyre on a road with cars and boom, they get hit by a truck or something. Alot of people laugh about it which makes me sick, but it is quite common for drunk aboriginals to get hit and killed by trucks :\

It's hard to see the parallel (someone tried to make a connection) with the Aboriginals of AUS and Native Americans in America; especially because Injuns can discern between a road with trucks and an open plain/woods/what have you, no matter how wasted they might potentially be.

As for opiate/opioid potentiators/enhancers:
anti-histamines - promethazine (my personal favorite); diphenhydramine; haven't had the chance of trying anything better or stronger.

benzos - diazepam; lorazepam; i find alprazolam too forceful and clonazepam too long for its potency.

stimulants - nicotine for after, small lines of cocaine for before (makes for a very well-rounded, less intense speedball-like high).

sedatives - ketamine (very small amounts before); i want to try some other less-sketchy ones in small dosages.

if it's iv heroin/ iv hydromorphone i have to have my cimitidine as well.

GETYAGUN!!11 said:
wait, so according to fail fighter, grapefruit DOESN'T potentiate oxycodone?

I was wrong. I edited my post.

Hydrocodone -> Norhydrocodone via. CYP3Ax
Hydrocodone -> Hydromorphone via. CYP2D6

Oxycodone -> Noroxycodone via. CYP3Ax
Oxycodone -> Oxymorphone via. CYP2D6

Honestly, it sounds like grapefruit juice is the way to go for either opiate. By inhibiting the CYP3Ax enzymes, roughly 92% of the Oxy/Hydrocodone will convert to Oxy/Hydromorphone. That's incredible. And actually, inhibiting 2d6 sounds like a bad idea. It will ensure that all of the Oxy/Hydrocodone is converted to useless crap.

My advice: Drink GFJ by itself to ensure the highest levels of good metabolites, or take Tagamet in conjunction with GFJ to slow the metabolism completely. But don't take Tagamet by itself, because it's the least beneficial route.

pariet (rabeprazole sodium) also act like Cimetidine (Cimetidine$ "is a histamine H2-receptor antagonist that inhibits the production of acid in the stomach. It is largely used in the treatment of heartburn and peptic ulcers")

"is an antiulcer drug in the class of proton pump inhibitors. It was developed by Eisai Co. and is marketed by Janssen-Cilag as rabeprazole sodium under the brand names Aciphex and Pariet." wiki quote

"Rabeprazole decreases the concentration of ketoconazole in the plasma (in 33%), increases the concentration of digoxin (in 22%), and does not interact with liquid antiacids. Rabeprazole is compatible with any medicine metabolized by the CYP450 (theophylline, warfarin, diazepam, phenytoin).can be safe in pregnancy"

so what would it do to opiates and benzos?

cimitidine so is that scripted in australia maybe i could use it instead of Rabeprazole and get effects for any opiate i might take. what else does cimitidine interfere with. Think might have to get onto that shit advertising MIMS some time unless someone here knows the answer. Whats the difference between the 2 like there advantages and disadvantages, better used for this cimitidine is etc...

Kava don't take that with codeine CWE that would be hard on ya liver big time. you are not even meant to drink with kava kava

soma

Wow! I took Soma while I had already taken Vicodin. For me Soma potentiates Tramadol too.8o

Status
Not open for further replies.