• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried kanna by itself, snorted, didn't do much. :\

Anyone else tried this combo? Anyone even like kanna?

I got a question about amitriptyline and codeine; apparently amitriptyline inhibits CYP2D6, however if I dose it after I've taken the codeine (say 15 minutes - half an hour) should the potentiation still be there?

I've tried Kanna a few times with Poppy Pods. Some people say it's very euphoric, others including myself don't get much at all from it. It just makes my face kinda flush. I would say check out Erowid, I remember reading some pretty decent reports there.

* Alright.* So instead of just sitting here talking about it, I have begun my own research in regards to tolerance maintenence by way of Ultra Low Dose Naloxone.* I have taken with every dose of opiate a miniscule crumble from an 8mg Suboxone tablet.* It has been five days now and I havent noticed any drastic tolerance reversal, nor have I gotten loaded off of a less than savory amount.* However,* in all the times I have withdrawn, be it intentionally or not, my tolerance has never diminished so rapidly.* By that I mean that I have TRULY been surprised at the effects Ive gotten from dose ranges that would have produced the same effects for me two weeks ago. Also, I feel in a way like my head is being cleaned out, or cleansed, for lack of better words. Its as if all the old build-up is being removed, allowing me a clarity of thought that I have not felt for some time. Originally, my intention was to simply potentiate, but it seems I have inadvertently found much more potential than I had imagined.
And if you dont believe me, thats fine. But give it a try before you knock it.

I think the problem you will find with kanna is quality

Kanna (Sceletium tortuosum) or Kougoed (Sceletium emarcidum)

1) Insuffulation: Euphoria, stimulation, increase in general well being (50-200mg).
2) Smoking: sedative, increase in general well being (100-250mg).
3) Orally: Mix of both but generally larger amounts of material required (500-2000mg). Lasts longer but some nausea can occur.

Must be a very fine powder for snuff.
It took me 3 - 4 attempts before my brain/body could work out what to do with this fine succulent.

A few others I find mix well.

Prickly Poppy (Argemone mexicana) is a member of the Papaveraceae family, also called Mexican Poppy, Chicalote or Tlamexaltzin.
Known during the time of the Aztecs as 'nourishment for the soul'. Used by Chinese residents of Mexico during the early 20th century as a legal substitute for opium and currently smoked as a marijuana substitute. A good extract works well.

Turkestan Mint / Intoxicating mint (Lagochilus inebrians)

Pharmacological effects - reduced tension or anxiety, sedative, tranquilizer, intoxicant and mild hallucinogen. Contains ~1-3% aditerpene.
Whether or not it produces the psychoactive effects of the whole plant is unknown. 15 grams of dried leaves made into tea works well.

Sacred Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) Sacred Lotus contains lotusine, demethyl coclaurine, neferin, and nuciferine. Lotus flowers, pods, or petals are most commonly used, while the flower stamens are reported to be the most potent part of the plant.
The effects seem primarily cerebral, but are quite noticeable and very enjoyable.

Blue Lily (Nymphaea nouchali var. caerulea) - Contains aporphine and nuciferine. Produces an opiate-like intoxication. When steeped in alcohol produces a sedated MDMA-like euphoria. Blue Lily is loaded with health-giving phytosterols and bioflavonoids.

Both of the lotus step up the euphoria level a few notches when combined with opiates. With all of these plants swim needed a few attempts before getting full effects.

Codeine and Promethazine

I did somewhere between 90 - 100mg of codeine last night using the cwe method and it worked pretty well but wasn't quite strong enough.
I was thinking of doing more like 120 -130 and adding some promethazine tonight.

What sort of dosage of promethazine should I add?
And is it okay health wise to do it 2 nights in a row?

Merging question about promethazine and codeine into the opioid potentiation thread.

It's fine to do it two nights in a row.

I use just 25-50mg of promethazine, a standard dose. That's all I need.

I'm prescribed valium. I use cetirizine hydrochloride, a non-sedating antihistamine, to remove the itching/nausea from codeine. I've found 30mg to be very effective. I'm getting some buprenorphine and some soma soon, and I imagine that with my valium dose, and the antihistamine, it'll be quite pleasant.

1. Is there any risk of using antihistamines above the recommended dosages for long periods of time?

2. Phenergan is just horrible, I don't understand why anyone would want that to 'potentate' their opiate experience, when it leave you akin to a zombie the next day. Does Tagamet do this? Do they all produce next day drowsiness to one extent or the other?

3. Does it matter at what time you take the regular or sedating antihistamine?

If all of the other kind produce some next day drowsiness, then I'll stick with my regular antihistamine, having it remove the itching and nausea makes for a much better experience in any case.

Sorry if it's been covered, I don't have time to read 19 pages, thanks!

Dancan said:
2. Phenergan is just horrible, I don't understand why anyone would want that to 'potentate' their opiate experience, when it leave you akin to a zombie the next day. Does Tagamet do this? Do they all produce next day drowsiness to one extent or the other?

Must just be you, I have no side effects from using 50mg of promethazine, feel a bit tired a few hours later but thats it.

Dancan said:
1. Is there any risk of using antihistamines above the recommended dosages for long periods of time?

Possibly some damage from potential anticholinergic effects, but that's usually more with people taking a whole box of coricidin, so you probably arent in much danger.

Dancan said:

Tagamet's not an antihistamine, its just an antacid, so it wouldnt leave you feeling drowsy the next day. Personally, I think tagamet potentiates much more effectively, too.

Dancan said:
3. Does it matter at what time you take the regular or sedating antihistamine?

From my experience and what I've read, an hour to 45 minutes before you take the opiate is the best time to take potentiators, it gives them time to start inhibiting whichever liver enzymes they act on.

DexterMeth said:
^Since promethazine is not OTC most anywhere in the US, if anywhere, i'd like to point out to those who don't under what he wrote....you cant use Drammamine...i suggest BOTH types...take some of both kinds of drammamine..the yellow labled one and the purple. One is Meclazine Hcl, the other is blah i forgot how to spell it.

I just want to warn you guys that drugs such as promethazine and compazine can be very dangerous. Make sure you check with your pharmacist to ensure you are not on any drugs that can react for those types of drugs have about 100 different ways to kill you.

For me to potentiate
1hr before: cimetidine
10 minute before: 50mg hydroxyzine and 25mg diphenhydramine (too much diphen will put you to sleep)
Then dose. You dont want too many drugs in your body you wont even know what you are high on. This method works best on oxycodone, hydrocodone, and heroin. The way codeine works is much different than other opiates and should probably be looked at in another thread.
Flexaril btw is a very strong anticholinergic, and really potentiates for me. Also, dont be active, lay down and watch tv, being active you wont feel much unless its heroin.

Bon apetit
sp0r
(bluelighter)

I almost forgot

Another amazing potentiator is dextromethorphan. (in small doses, high doses will make u trip). Take about 50mgs dxm 30minutes before you dose. Or if you feel like tripping off dxm, trust me when u are comming down off your trip, if you do an opiod such as heroin, you are in for a HUGE suprise. Trust me.

sp0r

I don't really understand the science of opiod receptors, but I have this theory that I've been waiting to try out.

Say you take a bunch of Immodium and wait a couple hours. Then take your DOC. My guess is that the "anti-shits" receptors will be taken over by the immodium, and so the molecules from your DOC that would have normally gone to the "anti-shits" receptors will now be rerouted to the "fuck-you-up" receptors, thereby increasing your buzz.

I read somewhere that with some sedating or non-sedating antihistamines, in the case of codeine, and just codeine, it's important to wait until at least 30 minutes after dosing before taking them, or it can inhibit the livers conversion of codeine into morphine using the CYP2D6 enzyme.

Although I can't find the post, and it was probably in relation to a particular antihistamine, rather than all of them. This links in to what sp0r is saying about codeine being in some ways quite set apart from other opiates.

Anyone know anything about this? I've been taking my cetrizine hydrochloride 30+ minutes after dosing in case this is true, and given that 30mg is very capable of nuking most of the sickness and itching when taken at this time, I haven't changed my habit. But if the information above is erroneous, then I'll take my antihistamine before dosing, which will presumably, as someone said, give it more take to work.

Sorry if this has been covered, or seems ignorant, but I don't have time to trawl through 20 pages to find something pertinent to the issue.

^Yep, thats true, tagamet is also affected by this. Diphenhydramine and chlorphenamine are the main antihistamines you're thinking about, I think.

I can vouch for the necessity of the CYP2D6 enzyme in the codeine experience; before I knew about this I attempted to potentiate 120 mg codeine with tagamet, and felt nothing. The next day I took the same dosage without potentiators, and I managed to feel it.

Hopefully someone here can answer this. Which would be the better potentiator for Oxycodone: DXM or Tagamet/Cimetidine?

Fact 1: Oxycodone is metabolized by the 2d6 enzyme, so we want to inhibit that.
Fact 2: We want to decrease NMDA activity, and DXM is an NMDA antagonist.
Fact 3: DXM is only a WEAK NMDA antagonist; its metabolite (DXO) is a more potent NMDA antagonist.
Fact 4: DXM is metabolized by the 2d6 enzyme into DXO.

So can you see my predicament? I can potentiate the Oxy with DXM by decreasing NMDA activity. Or I can potentiate the Oxy with Tagamet by inhibiting the 2d6 enzyme and slowing the Oxy breakdown. But I can't take them both at once, because the DXM needs the 2d6 enzyme to convert to DXO

Decisions decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.