• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mustve searched about 5 pages befoe i gave up (sorry) , but i have in my possesion oxycontin and i was wondering exactly how many mg of doxylamine would be sufficient to potentiate the effects and at what time to take it

Start with a standard dose, maybe half an hour before dosing the oxy. With sedative type potentiators, it doesn't really matter as long as you are feeling the effects at the same time as the opioid.

2 weeks since I first read about cimetidine (and tried it).

Question is,

I've tried it with my Hydro/Oxy

I've tried it 30 minutes after taking hydro/oxy

Still dont know which way to go on this. I usually end up taking some tramadol and a few hits of some kush about 30 minutes after dosing. Whaddya'll think?

^ Take cimetidine 45 minutes before you take an opioid. With tramadol, cimetidine can actually block the opiate effects since it will prevent it from being metabolized into O-desmethyl-tramadol (M1). This metabolite is the one that gives tramadol most of it's opiate effect.

for oxycodone grapefruit juice is not listed as a potentiator, however it is listed for heroin and hydrocodone, in my experiences GFJ potentiates all opiates, perhabs hydrocodone slightly more than oxycodone, but it still potentiates both. right now i'm on 40mg OC. i took it 45 minutes after drinking ~12oz of GFJ. i'm nodding my face off. it feels like i took 60 IV'd...well not THAT good, but pretty good (my tolerance is low again, FINALLY).

grapefruit juice
diphenhydramine
cannabis (best poteniator on earth for opiates)

"opiate boosters" (not technically potentiators, even though pot isn't but oh well....
*benzos (valium, xanax, etc. i found klonopin and ativan made opiates feel worse, especially ativan, klonopin just makes me depressed and shitty but doesn't affect the effects of any opiates IME.

in my experiences GFJ potentiates all opiates

It will inhibit the enzyme necessary to convert codeine into morphine and tramadol into M1 though.

*benzos (valium, xanax, etc. i found klonopin and ativan made opiates feel worse, especially ativan, klonopin just makes me depressed and shitty but doesn't affect the effects of any opiates IME.

I had some valium on the tail end of a poppy pod experience, was heaven. :D

But when I mixed temazepam with codeine, it fucked it up and took away all the opiate warmth. :\

^ i agree. i took temazepam with oxy and with hydro (codone) and it decreased the euphoria from the opiates and made me feel drunk/clumbsy and it overtook the wonderful opiate bliss.

PPT (or any morphine for that matter) + valium is the greatest drug combination IMO but you also have to smoke pot for it to really be perfect and a dash of diphenhydramine and GFJ :)

my first experience with opiates was when i was 15 or 16, i had a horrible panic attack and was hyperventilating and started getting pseudo-tetanus, where your muscles contract in a horribly painful way like getting a charlie horse in every muscle in your body at the same time...

the nurse came in with a tray with two needles and said to me "slow down your breathing and we'll give you a shot of valium to relax your muscles and a shot of morphine for the pain.

i heard that and shut my mouth and held my breath longer than i've ever held my breath for in my life haha, and my arm slowly exteneded out and wasn't curled up and constricted and stuck like that so they could get the needle in the crook of my arm/elbow. i got a 10mg shot of valium which was heavenly was my first benzo experience too now that i think about it, and IV was great, nice calming rush and relaxed all my muscles and then came the 10mg morphine shot. when the plunger went down and that M hit my brain the world turned bright and sunny and everyone was happy and had a smile of their face and i lay there with a huge grin on my face orgasming from the experience. it was absolutely wonderful. valium + morphine/heroin is the best. when i was using H daily (sniffing/smoking/shooting) i was Rx'd valium and the valium was just essential with H, not as much so with oxy as it is with H or M.

does tagament potenate darvocet?

looked around and found no info any help would be great

if it does have any effect, darvocet just isn't strong enough of a drug to begin with so there's not much to intensify. if you have some lying around already it can't hurt, but it would be a waste of $ to go buy some just to try, i think.

well today iam taking 30mg hydro and 100mg darv and cimitidine to potenate

methadone/phenagren mix?

A lot of my fellow methadone users take phenagren with their doses and say it kicks it up. Some take it with benzo's and their done. Ever hear of this? Dangerous or good?

Merged with the Opiate Potentiation Thread. Please post all topics dealing with Opiate Potentiation here.

lol keep in mind some people on this website live in europe and are not aware of what a newport 100 is or slang/newport long. so of course they take it literally lol..yes cigarettes for me seem to increase my opiate buzz, usually leaving me nauseous sometimes though(isnt that part of the enjoyment of opiate intoxication to a degree?? or is it just me ;-/), but quite more enjoyable and *seems* like it is intensifying the effect of an opiate

Methadone Potentiation

DexterMeth said:
Again though, anything about methadone POTENTIATION?
Cyclizine(brand name Marezine) and cimetidine(Tagamet) IME is the best combo for methadone.

Last edited:
i have experienced that taking cimetidine about 15 to 30 minutes before dosing will increase the effects by up to 25%. anybody else get a major effect like that?

HOWEVER. if i use every day, and take cimetidine every day to potentiate, after about 2 days it seems like my body gets used to it and it doesn't work anymore. i have to take about a 4 day break from cimetidine before it works again.

enoughorangejuice? said:
my first experience with opiates was when i was 15 or 16, i had a horrible panic attack and was hyperventilating and started getting pseudo-tetanus, where your muscles contract in a horribly painful way like getting a charlie horse in every muscle in your body at the same time...

the nurse came in with a tray with two needles and said to me "slow down your breathing and we'll give you a shot of valium to relax your muscles and a shot of morphine for the pain.

i heard that and shut my mouth and held my breath longer than i've ever held my breath for in my life haha, and my arm slowly exteneded out and wasn't curled up and constricted and stuck like that so they could get the needle in the crook of my arm/elbow. i got a 10mg shot of valium which was heavenly was my first benzo experience too now that i think about it, and IV was great, nice calming rush and relaxed all my muscles and then came the 10mg morphine shot. when the plunger went down and that M hit my brain the world turned bright and sunny and everyone was happy and had a smile of their face and i lay there with a huge grin on my face orgasming from the experience. it was absolutely wonderful. valium + morphine/heroin is the best. when i was using H daily (sniffing/smoking/shooting) i was Rx'd valium and the valium was just essential with H, not as much so with oxy as it is with H or M.

wow. what i must be missing out on, never having shot up anything before.

So has anyone actually tried taking a fractional dose(.001 mg or so) of naloxone or naltrexone, perhaps aquired from the form of suboxone or subutex, to potentiate(also possibly reverse tolerance) their opiate/opioid dose? There is quite a bit of scientific evidence supporting the claim, however I have found nor heard of any experience. If it works, that could be huge.

morphonorconic, that would be pretty easy to do with, say, a 2 mg or 8 mg suboxone tablet. Hmm... All this talk makes me want to go wake my habit up :p

* Thats what I have been thinking.* Maybe just chip off a very small crumble from a suboxone and take that with or prior to your dose? Ive heard it has been found to improve the efficacy of morphine by as much as 50%!* Hmm.. is right.* Where to go from here?* Not to encourage, but please let us know if you do decide to wake your habit up and feel like doing some experimenting!

Has someone tried Kanna with Opiates?

I posted on this a few pages back, when I smoked some Kanna with morphine.

Since then I have tried the kanna with poppy seed tea, and this sent my mind to Hawaii .... very euphoric for hours. Kanna is a very inexpensive legal botanical foliage from South Africa, that has its own psychoactivity, but the real value of it, I have found , is in combo with the opiates...

I would like to know if anyone else has tried this, because these ingredients (poppy seeds, kanna, maybe some grapefruit juice) are all legal, non-proscription and cheap, which could end a lot of hassles ...

Status
Not open for further replies.