• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ombladon said:
BTW How does Cat's Claw work on Methadone? What is it origianlly meant for? How much does it potentate it...to the extent of grapefruit juice and other things like tagament? Here's what I know:

Tagament (Cimetidine) is reported to potentate all narcotics. However you DO need a prescription.

In hospital and/or critical situations where patients are given narcotics for too long and too much in dosage, and the effects stop working as good, a small dose of Clonidine is given. However this too requires prescription.

What DOES NOT POTENTATE SOME NARCOTICS ARE:

Phenobarbiatal lessens the effects of Methadone from what I've heard.
As well I remember that DXM lowers the effects of Codeine.
Phenobarbiatal and all barbs flush methadone from your system i.e. after a few days of use you will be in withdrawl.

Soma potentiates the effects of opiates, along with certain types of benzodiazepines...xanax....but dont take too much xanax because time flies by fast on xanax and it will cloud the present enjoyment of opiates...as for benadryl, yuck i hate the stuff..so i wouldnt use that to potentiate..perhaps a strong cup of black coffee after taking methadone or percocets? i dunno i drink coffee like a fish on opiates anyway..dont ask i just do.

I tried using the cimetidine twice and I thought it actually shortened and kinda dulled my oxy buzz. Really weird. I so far have never had any luck with potentiation. Now Valium and Methadone are lovely together but I think it's more of a synergistic effect than anything. I know benzo's can potentiate but what I mean is the feeling I get isn't like a better Methadone buzz, it's like it's own unique feeling. I'm interested about trying some DXM to lower or prevent opiate tolerance. I'm gonna try 30-50 mg of it and do maybe half my normal Oxy dose and see if it works.

I tried cimetidine with oxycodone and was throwing up and felt like total death for like 6-8 hrs. There was no increase in painkilling or euphoria - quite contrary - felt like an overdose. So, everyone responds differently. Did anyone else respond this way to cimetidine + opioid?

I know that Cimetadine potentiates many Opiates, but also does the opposite for others.
According to Opiates.org:
Quinine and quinidine accentuate the buzz of opiates but only directly help with codeine metabolism by boosting the amount changed into morphine. Tagamet and grapefruit juice will weaken codeine substantially. The prescription antihistamine promethazine (Phenergan) helps out codeine even more, and is found with codeine in the Schedule V cough syrup Phenergan VC With Codeine. Quinine will tend to have its effect without impairing hydrocodone but does seem to burn off the buzz more quickly and may flatten the dose-to-response curve.
If one was to drink a poppy seed wash, would Cimetadine potentiate it? I know that Cimetadine decreases absorption of Codeine and increases absorption of Morphine. And there are many differing opinions on which is the most prominent in poppy seeds.

Last edited:
Well poppy seed wash is mainly morphine, and some codeine, these are the most active opiods in the wash. I guess it would be best to google what its potentiating ability is for these two compounds, I'd tell you but I do not know.

I know promethazine (phenergan) will potentiate all of these and reduce the nausea, its OTC in Australia so its probably similar in other countries.

Alcohol potentiates codeine a lot. If one didn't know that yet (by inducing CYP2D6 enzyme)

Some other potentiators:
  • tabernaemontana pachysiphon
  • irvingia gabonensis stem bark
  • buddliea cordata
  • sophora subprostata
  • nigella sativa seed oil
  • picralima nitida
  • spinach rubisco- a delta agonist
these herbs all have some sort of opioid related activity. some of them have been researched and the active opioid compounds identified, other have just been tested as a whole extract against naloxone.....

Thymoquinone, the active in nigella sativa makes for a pretty decent painkiller also.

Last edited:
mitragyna said:
Some other potentiators:
  • tabernaemontana pachysiphon
  • irvingia gabonensis stem bark
  • buddliea cordata
  • sophora subprostata
  • nigella sativa seed oil
  • picralima nitida
  • spinach rubisco- a delta agonist
these herbs all have some sort of opioid related activity. some of them have been researched and the active opioid compounds identified, other have just been tested as a whole extract against naloxone.....

Thymoquinone, the active in nigella sativa makes for a pretty decent painkiller also.

umm ok i know none of these
what that one u can buy from pharmacy that potentates i think only methadone. Like what plant extract can we get easy that can help and how much.

How much opiates related activity do these have

Last edited:
Does it actually potentiate it much? if so by what mechanism.

They will increase nausea for sure, due to opioids raising dopamine levels and nicotine also raising dopamine levels; dopamine agonism tends to cause vomiting.

As a smoker, I find cigarettes really enjoyable on codeine. I'm not sure how a non-smoker would fare though. :\

^ Not that much. Head spins if he's not a smoker. It feels somewhat better if you are a smoker, but can increase nausea like I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.