• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM - Semi Exp - Coricidin Is Bad Shit- Read Please!

Well.. I have to say I went to buy the CCC the other day and it wasn't there, I was a little disapointed because i wanted to try it. I used to watch a couple of my friends do it, and they just seemed like they were having a good trip, I didn't join them because I thought it sounded stupid to take 10 of these pills. But recently I just got this urge to try it, and in the past couple days, after I couldn't find them, I actually started reading a little more about it, and especially after reading this, now I can say I will never buy these little red pills, everything I've read and I mean everything has been bad, So thanks for opening my eyes.

^^^ Good, it makes me happy to know at least some people don't ignore the negativity aimed at Coricidin, I wish I would've listened. I'm happy for you.

Psych0funk said:
Well.. I have to say I went to buy the CCC the other day and it wasn't there, I was a little disapointed because i wanted to try it. I used to watch a couple of my friends do it, and they just seemed like they were having a good trip, I didn't join them because I thought it sounded stupid to take 10 of these pills. But recently I just got this urge to try it, and in the past couple days, after I couldn't find them, I actually started reading a little more about it, and especially after reading this, now I can say I will never buy these little red pills, everything I've read and I mean everything has been bad, So thanks for opening my eyes.

I know over here that after certain hours they take it off the shelves. And to purchase you have to be 18. But its a very good thing that you arent going to do coricidin. After doing 16 a few times Ive figured out that its not worth it and well the trip is not enjoyable at all. Only reason I did it at full doses was because I couldnt find shrooms or acid at the time.

Seriously. Please, everyone, listen and take this message away from this thread: Coricidin is extrenely dangerous and mentally damaging, and what's more, it's much EASIER to get non-Coricidin DXM products that are much safer, because most places will be very suspicious of a person buying Coricidin. It's just stupid, stupid, stupid to take Coricidin, especially since there are far safer and some cheaper over-the-counter alternatives.

Ive eatn like 15 of those red small tablets, with the red coat.. sorta taste like lil shuger tablets.. but DAMN do those fuck u up... i took em when hurcaine katrina came though, and knockd out all the power n shit. that shit made me feel real weird, like i was a dude from a old cartoon show.. everything was just Fucked up! i couldnt walk straight, i keps pushing shit over, that shit made me break out in a rash!! it was awful!

[edit : i will not be stupid and call people names]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to hear about your brother, and glad I never got around to taking that coricidan I bought. I think I will throw it away tonight.

You guys, let's not turn this thread into a flame war...
Back on topic, I'm deeply sorry to hear about your brother and I hope everything tends to work out for you. I feel really bad but it looks like everything is going okay I mean like you (threadstarter) said, it was meant to happen.

D, the thing is that you could just as easily take something over-the-counter that only contains DXM, and not be slowly killing yourself. I certainly understand not being able to do most any drug, but Coricidin is just the worst possible option for DXM. That's all anyone's trying to say. It contains chlorpheniramine maleate at a high dose, which is very dangerous, loads of acetaminophen which destroys your liver, and finally a small amount of DXM compared to the other ingredients. If you decide to take Coricidin instead of robitussin or something, you might be the one to end up holding your mommy's hand... because you've become a brain-dead vegetable, or worse.

hi everyone, i totally missed this brief flame war, don't forget to use the report button when people start calling each other more colorful names than tards or something. :)

[total apologies if this was reported and i still missed it]

it is incredable how many people will still use c3s after they read this. C3s are just dumb, take a step over in the cough medicine aisle and get some dxm only products, there are plenty. You dotn have to worry about dieing or being hospitalized either. Everyone stop using c3s, so you dont end up like this guys brother. Im really sorry about what happened to you.

what i don't understand is why anybody would take coricidin to begin with. there are other cough syrups with just the DXM and no corcidin. so why risk it?

and sorry about yoru bro, bro. i have a brother too and we have tripped and taken all kinds of stupid drugs together, driven drunk, gotten into fights, and we're still alive so i'm thankful

My condolences man. May your brother rest in peace.

I, for one, will never try Coricidin after reading this post. Thank you for the warning. I really appreciate it.

Yea, first time I tripped I was on CCC. I was damn near OD. I was going in and out of consciousness and all sorts of fucked up whenever I actually came to, for all of about 5 seconds before the input to my brain was just too overwhealming so out I went again.

Recall waking up from coma at one point and my entire body felt so cold, so dark, and so far away. Everything in my body was a black nothing and I had sunk so far back inside myself the only feeling of warmth was from my overly-rapid beating heart.

I beleive my body induced me into shock to revamp my failing life signs. I had obviously overdosed on Chloroform Maleate. The entire night was a confusing shit storm of hellish sounds and indiscernable sights. This was also the hardest trip of my life, the night I almost died.

Ever since whenever I decided to do DXM I made sure to go for the DXM only products. CCC's are not safe to use in high doses. Maybe if you are gunna pop a 12 pack for a nice 1-2nd level platue, but anything mroe than 12 and you are pushing your luck of living.

I have a story of a friend of a friend who overdosed on CCC and had to went into convultions. He was a re-fried tomatto for 3 days after he got back from the hospital.

Its dumb, dont do it.

I don't get how someone would take coricidin after reading about how many people die from it. Me and some friends used to do DXM recreationally and never once took coricidin.

Everyone hears about this online it seems like, looking up legal highs and they hear about DXM and it seems like it ALWAYS says right next to that, don't do coricidin. I guess the problem is when they tell their friends about it they don't tell them the second part.

My friend drank 2 bottles of robitussin and a bottle of Phenergan and was completly fucked up for over 24 hours on DXM but he came out of it 100% fine.

It's a shame that DXM is going to become more and more hard to aquire because people are so stupid and continue to end up dead in the news and DXM gets all the bad press, not coricidin.

coricidin will lead to dxms downfall imo. The media doesnt even know what theyre talking about, ive read many dxm articles on dextroverse,(dextromethorphan news), and they are about 90 percent bullshit. Things like confusing c3s with dxm, and saying that dxm killed the c3 user when ti was really the cpm.

I wonder if the brain damage was from prolonged use of DXM itself, or from an ingrediant in CCC? That's the main thing that makes me weary of robo tripping.

i have thought about c trippin a few times but after reading this i probably wont.

rest in peace to your brother!!!!!

Man I'm so sorry dude. As an very experienced dexer I know how intensly horrifying that would have been while peaking. But I gotta say man, thainks for that read. I probably wont touch CCC"s again. I HAVE touched them a lot.....

Anyway, be strong, sorry about the loss.