Welcome to the Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread

376px-4-HO-MET.svg.png

CAS# for freebase: 77872-41-4

Subthreads:

External Links:

Excerpt from TIHKAL:

DOSAGE : 10 - 20 mg, orally

DURATION : 4 - 6 hrs

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS : (with 20 mg, orally) "Qualitatively a lot like psilocin. I started within the first half-hour, and at the max, I felt the same alteration of color and form, and times, sound was felt. As with psilocin, the experience was wave-like, with an alteration of effects between near-normal perception at one minute, only to be swept up in a swirl of altered concept the next minute.

EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY : First, an apology for just a single entry in the comments section. This, and several other of these substituted hydroxy and methoxy tryptamines, had had earlier evaluations, but the notes are not at hand and cannot be used. Much will have to come back from memory, and there must be an appropriate fuzziness allowed for the concluded generalization as to dose and duration. With this particular compound, some of the original observations suggested that it was more potent than psilocin, certainly more dramatic. But at the bottom line, I doubt that this ethyl homologue, or the isopropyl homologue 4-HO-DIPT for that matter, could be distinguished from the methyl counterpart psilocin in any blind clinical study.

What's to choose between them? From the view-point of synthesis, the cost and availability of the secondary amine will certainly be a factor. Both methylethyl amine and methylisopropylamine are available, but are quite expensive. Dimethylamine, on the other hand, is dirt cheap but it is a recognized precursor to DMT and thus is difficult to find. In any events, the dimethyl compound is widely available in the mycological arena, and I suspect it would be simplest to stay with nature.

[original posts:]

I have searched the forum but came up with nothing on this substance. I have about 200mg and wonder what the ideal dose would be... I have heard that it should be potent from 5-8mg. Anyone have any info about it?
I have heard that (TiHKAL?) that the trip is very much like that from psilocin, but before I test any new substance I'd like to know as much as possible.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
5-8mg sounds about right.I've only had MET (80mg),was a bit like oral DMT (I wrote a short TR in a MET thread I think)

Of course I'm curious if I would get finally a first hand report about 4-HO-MET from someone !

I am going to try a dose of ~5 mg later today. I can write a brief report here if you like.

It's a great idea to start off low like that. I think the dosage is probably similar to psilocybin. From Erowid ...

Oral Psilocybin Dosages
Threshold 2 mg
Light 2 - 4 mg
Common 4 - 8 mg
Strong 8 - 20 mg
Heavy 20 + mg

Onset : 15 minutes (when held in mouth)
Duration : 2 - 6 hours
Normal After Effects : up to 8 hours

Me wonders how it relates to the greater tryptamine world. Is it a metabolite or intermnediary metabolite of a natural tryptamine? Where does it fit in? If it was me, I'd stick with psilocybin, personally. Longer history of human use, and this probably safer.

I, for one, am looking forward to your report on this exceedingly rare chemical. Although psilocybin of course has a long history of human use, one should not assume that natural equals safer.

I agree, the 4-substituted tryptamines seem to be a fairly benign group of chemicals when it comes to safety, well physical safety at least.

Substance: 4-HO-MET
Set and setting: Behind the comp. playing on-line poker.
Duration: 22:30h - 24:30 ~ (fairly back to baseline).

Since my scale isn't very accurate in the 1mg range I weighed out 6mg and eyballed a dose around 3-5mg and took the powder with some orange flauvored-liquer(80 proof 30% ). The powder had an brownish, dusty apperance and tasted like many other in the same classs; 'bitter'.

About twenty minutes after intake I began to notice the "classic" tryptamine-feeling. But nothing more remarkable happened than that. The experience was like a very small dose of psilocybin.(0.3-0.5g cubensis). Everything 'tasted' like mushrooms and I noticed no bodyload whatsoever. I am going to ingest 15mg + tomorrow and see what may happen.

This can be one of the absolute best RC's since 2-CB in my opinion! I will write a proper 'review' (or what to call it) after my next try-out tomorrow!

(sorry if there are any spelling mistakes, english is not my first language)

Keep us posted for sure, and happy exploring!

2C-B is totally over-rated/over hyped in my opinion. Although I'd gladly line up for a 1/4 gram of meprocin (can I call it that? :) ), unless it end up being something very different from psilocin (like iprocin is, bless that one)...it will share the same fate as miprocin and ethocin...I'll try it a few times and shove the rest away as a 'collectors item.' I'd rather just eat mushrooms.

After trying things like 2C-E and 2C-T-7, I was just flat-out dissapointed when I finally aquired 2C-B. I will never understand how 2C-B gets so much attention.

Because, the most recreational ones get the most attention from the masses. The truly psychedelic ones seem to be overlooked because of the possibility of a difficult experience.

Except for LSD and mushrooms, of course.

I would call it Metocin,the "-pr-" in Miprocin and Iprocin point to a propyl.Ah yes,Meprocin,the 4-ho-methylpropyl-analog will be a good one as well I guess.(MPT itself proved to be a winner)

Yup, you are right. Methocin. No, I don't like the 'meth' part because it seems to suggest methyl, and not methyl-ethyl. How about metocin. Then the kiddies can say I got my 'metocin' (medicine). Yeah that is great cause its MET-with the 4-Ho of psilocin. So its metocin. Perfect! Now how do we name 4-Ho-EiPT, 4-Ho-EPT, and 4-Ho-PiPT.

I wrote Metocin for that reason...medicin,lol,and wasn't there a passionate song "Mendocino"?

-Piprocin seems obvious (Another good one I would guess)
-Eprocin (though works only in german,e is e here and not i which again is eee.maybe you english guys start learning to pronounce "e",like "he" without h.ok,sounds a bit whacky... ).
-you got me on the eipt substitution...Iprecin?

Hey hugo24, would you say your MET experience felt at all um, "earthy", or "more earthy" or more "natural"/smooth - more like DMT than lets say MiPT or any other tryptamines you've tasted that were further away from DMT or psilocin?

Anyway i'm VERY curious about 4-HO-MET also.. 4-HO-MiPT was good and all and could hand you quite a mushroom like ass whooping, but so "synthetic feeling". I doubt 4-HO-MET would feel as smooth as mushrooms but you can't get any closer to psilocin messing with the N,N-* part of the molecule (hope someday a 4-somethingnew-DMT starts showing up!)

Hmm.. well i'm assuming that this supposed 4-ho-met came from this certain questionable supplier...

On another forum someone posted they are selling "LSA" (its on their site, even with trip reports) but its really DOI..

And another post about an analysis being done on some HBWR seeds from there that had traces of 5-meo-amt..

They sell stuff like "2C-IBZ" (some piperazine analog) and N-methyl-2C-I..

So who knows but if it came from that supplier, maybe it really is 4-ho-met but someone should get it analysed :).

Ah,your DMT obsession :)

I must say DMT never felt earthy in me,its rather that your gone from earth,and in a not so smooth way,out of body,hallucinogenic liquidification.
While MET "felt" very similar,I never saw the elves typical of DMT.This might be attributed to not yet high enough dose (yeah like 20-30mg DMT).But then,I'll wager a guess that if you smoke MET,you'll get there.The potential is here.

Definitively its not like MIPT which gives mostly a stoning stimulation (sounds like a contradiction...)/body high with few visuals.

I protest,Miprocin didn't feel synthetic at all here.I went once on a walk on a river and through the forest during wintertime,the feeling for the beauty of nature,the evening glow of the setting sun,the sky with this typical steelgreen shimmer when its icecold,the glistening snow,the patterns of the trees/branches,everything had its meaning and place,it bordered on the orgasmic, I was coming home to mother earth!This was with only 8mg of the base (I'm rather sensitive to the 4-HO's) and on Aniracetam.The right set and setting!

Is it possible that the 4-HO's have less variance induced by the N,N substitution?I would say so,Another reason speaking for 4-HO-MET.

I agree with yaesutom that the 4-ho-met should be analyzed if it is indeed from this questionable source.

sounds like a fantastic trip, hugo. I'm really looking forward to finally trying miprocin, it's been on my list for a long time now...

yaesutom said:
Hmm.. well i'm assuming that this supposed 4-ho-met came from this certain questionable supplier...

On another forum someone posted they are selling "LSA" (its on their site, even with trip reports) but its really DOI..

And another post about an analysis being done on some HBWR seeds from there that had traces of 5-meo-amt..

They sell stuff like "2C-IBZ" (some piperazine analog) and N-methyl-2C-I..

So who knows but if it came from that supplier, maybe it really is 4-ho-met but someone should get it analysed :).

I think we are talking about the same source. Many things seems to be bogus, but some things sure is the real deal. I have tried this SUPPOSED to be -met, in a dose of about 15mg with no really mindbending effects. Much like the ~5mg dose. Later tonight I am gonna sample some 35mg, we'll se what happens. If anyone can analyze this substance, I am happy to send a sample. Please PM.

^^ Remember though, don't space these tests too close together.. tolerance..

I've been stupid in the past, waiting 2 days after eating some acid, then eating some acid.. and barely tripping. I'd wait at least 3-4 days between dosing so you don't waste any

Status
Not open for further replies.