• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Do you still get good grades, while using drugs?

Got all A's my last college semester while doing strong stims and opioids every now and again. Twas not a wise decision, but I feel like my college handed out good grades like candy. Curve, curve, curve! That's what every professor did at the end anyway.

^ And yeah Durzo, you probably would have ;)

only about a year and half and I'm done. I'm a non trad fulltime student.

I still got good grades in college as a stoner; though, general laziness and smoking weed so much did lead to constant procrastination which put me in a few tight jams I must admit :|

not really, but to be honest, neither do most of the straight students in my subject (chemistry) ;)

Yep, all through high school. Started college during high school and still have great grades and I'm ahead in credits. I got very determined to not become what people labeled as a "typical druggie"

I got good grades, but I was disciplined during week days. I was using heavily from friday night to sunday, but not when having class.

I went to class doped outta my mind, every day. Got great grades, hell nodded off in class, man I loved opies

I only do them on the weekends or I time them to fade enough to where I can still work during the day.

I think taking them at a time where they are not going to effect your productivity is critical.

I've always had good grades, and dual-enrolled in high school (earned 21 college credits).

I hate this myth that 'druggies aren't intelligent'

There are studies linking high intelligence to higher risk of drug abuse and other risky behaviors.

There are studies linking high intelligence to higher risk of drug abuse and other risky behaviors.

Seconded.

However, I feel like we're 'smarter' going about it thought (risk prevention strategies). Or maybe that's just me :\.

Oh I was completely reckless with it, lost scholarships and my best chance for college... I pretty much said fuck it all.

Don't want to come off as bragging so I'll just stick to the facts. I started using drugs including alcohol when I started university (studying chemistry to be exact). I used cannabis and psychedelics once a week for half a year. After that I started drinking pretty heavily to the point that most days at the uni I'd be hungover. That lasted about 2 years I guess. Then I started doing codeine to stop drinking, which worked. Got dependent on that, another roughly 3 years of heavy dependency - most times I'd need a morning dose to even get out of the house. My GPA had been 5.0 (only A's) and I finished my diploma with honours. Currently I work as a chemistry teacher, but I plan on resuming my research in organic chemistry this summer. I'm still using drugs daily, mostly dissociatives, psychedelics, and alcohol. Codeine is making a comeback in the pharmacies soon, so I'm probably going to at least revisit that.

Don't want to come off as bragging so I'll just stick to the facts. I started using drugs including alcohol when I started university (studying chemistry to be exact). I used cannabis and psychedelics once a week for half a year. After that I started drinking pretty heavily to the point that most days at the uni I'd be hungover. That lasted about 2 years I guess. Then I started doing codeine to stop drinking, which worked. Got dependent on that, another roughly 3 years of heavy dependency - most times I'd need a morning dose to even get out of the house. My GPA had been 5.0 (only A's) and I finished my diploma with honours. Currently I work as a chemistry teacher, but I plan on resuming my research in organic chemistry this summer. I'm still using drugs daily, mostly dissociatives, psychedelics, and alcohol. Codeine is making a comeback in the pharmacies soon, so I'm probably going to at least revisit that.

I wish you were my college Chemistry teacher haha