• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Do you still get good grades, while using drugs?

cati_vegan

Bluelighter
heeeey folks!

I've always been an excellent student and when I started smoking pot I was afraid my grades would sink. But I've been smoking for 1 year and a half now and still manage to get the same results. Now, cannabis is pretty much easy to handle and I know of many people who smoke and still get good grades or have a great job. I'm not so sure about harder drugs though.

I just recently tried acid and MDMA (among other stuff but these were the drugs I LOVED) for the first time and I know I'll do it more in the future. But the MDMA/acid users I know are bad to mediocre at school and I'm afraid I won't be able to maintain an excellent level.

Maybe I'm stressing over nothing and probably being closed-minded but still... if there are drug users (other than pot) out there who still get straight A's say hi. :)

Lots of Love, Peace and Happiness to you all

hydrocodone lover, chronic pothead, and heavy (weekend) drinker lol
meth and mdma on occasion

3.7 gpa

and I'm working two jobs.

thanks for the brag thread =D

druqks/partying meant terrible grades for me, but they were only part of the equation at the time... i was making bad choices all around.

partying g.p.a. - 1.17
non-partying g.p.a. - 3.78

cati_vegan said:
heeeey folks!

I've always been an excellent student and when I started smoking pot I was afraid my grades would sink. But I've been smoking for 1 year and a half now and still manage to get the same results. Now, cannabis is pretty much easy to handle and I know of many people who smoke and still get good grades or have a great job. I'm not so sure about harder drugs though.

I just recently tried acid and MDMA (among other stuff but these were the drugs I LOVED) for the first time and I know I'll do it more in the future. But the MDMA/acid users I know are bad to mediocre at school and I'm afraid I won't be able to maintain an excellent level.

Maybe I'm stressing over nothing and probably being closed-minded but still... if there are drug users (other than pot) out there who still get straight A's say hi. :)

Lots of Love, Peace and Happiness to you all

With the harder drugs, as long as you don't use them in excess you have nothing to worry about.

It's largely individualistic.

The kids that are acid heads that get bad grades more than likely would have gotten them if they were sober. Or, they personally just don't care anymore.

If you lack motivation you will lack success more than likely.

drugs have never effected my grades in any way.

When I get bored, i stop caring, and I get average grades. WHen im not bored, I care, and I get good grades.

Drugs make me less bored. Perhaps indirectly they improve my grades?

THE WOOD said:
drugs have never effected my grades in any way.

When I get bored, i stop caring, and I get average grades. WHen im not bored, I care, and I get good grades.

Drugs make me less bored. Perhaps indirectly they improve my grades?

I can relate to that.

I graduated highschool with a 1.7 GPA and zero motivation. I started blazing all of the time and it made me interested in absolutely everything. Now, I am heading to college in the fall pursuing either astrophysics or cognitive psychology (we shall see how I perform at college). I have taught myself a great deal because I have motivation now. I am actually fucked up quite a bit but that gives me more motivation. For me, it makes it more interesting.

I don't try to do physics and math fucked up though -- I suck at that fucked up. It's all in the individual and what you make of the experience. Reality can be pretty boring and unmotivating just as any 'high' can be.

It's all in your desire.

I'm not sure if I ever used with enough frequency to affect things (more of a weekend warrior).
But I've dabbled a lot.

After a summer of dropping acid once every two weeks, I noticed no problems.

ebola

my grades stay about the same. sometimes i wonder if i would have still earned an A on a test if i hadn't bought some adderall the night before, but who knows/who cares, right? :)

I did some "advanced" drugs in high school, smoked pot every day, and drank on the weekends; I graduated with a 3.6 and honors. In uni I partied hard with lots of substances. Meth seemed to have the worst effect (grade wise) but my grades also slipped when I was just drinking/smoking/tripping a lot. Then, I took a year off, quit meth, and got a 4.0 while smoking weed often.

yep

back when I was younger doing meth, my grades were way worse. Since I've got really serious about school though my lowest GPA has been a 3.5 and I'm about to get a 4.0 I think this semester. I just KILLED my accounting midterm, and I have the highest grade in my Information Systems class as of prior to the midterm right before spring break.

I just got SMASHED for the first time in a long ass time. I went to Rosarito for Spring break weekend. I took a total of 4 or 5 pills and a buncha xanax and drank a ton. It was the craziest fucking weekend I've had in a LOOOOONG time. I have all week to recover, so I don't think it'll detract me this semester.

i smoke ganja all day every day without exception and i kicked ass at uni :)

however i tend not to do mdma much during term time because i can't afford the mental 'downtime' between sunday-tuesday.

I've almost always got good marks (both through high school and 6+ years of uni), although the occasional period where I haven't has usually coincided with me using more drugs than usual.

I don't think it's a causal relationship though - it's usually been in a period where I'm less motivated than usual due to failing interest in whatever I'm studying. Hence I'm more likely to leave schoolwork to the last minute and take drugs when I've got a lot of work to do. If I'm motivated and interested, I tend not to do that, and do better as a result.

Weed is the only exception - the best semester I've had was one in which I smoked every day. That aside, I don't take drugs much any more anyway.

I smoke weed, drink wine and eat a reasonably low amount of xanax every day. Not having an addictive personality (to objects, not people) makes it very very easy for me to focus on my studies when needed. Other than that, I steer clear from harder drugs I partake in and make sure if I do trip or roll or snort that I do it on the weekend and that it's very sporadic. Summers though, with no school, pshhh parrrtttyyy. ;)

i dont really think acid has an effect on one's grades. but for me, e on the weekends and weed daily takes a negative toll on my grades.

Yes, I got good grades before I started using drugs and I still get good grades now. No difference for me.

In HS I did piles upon piles of drugs. Graduated with a 3.7 gpa and got a full ride scholorship. In college I've smoked everyday done harder drugs occasionally and have a 3.5gpa in 3 years as a chemical engineering major. As long as your responsible, don't goto class fucked and do your hw before your drugs its really not hard at all.

I was never in the top 40% of my uni exams but given how competitive it is there's no shame in that I don't think. I had a 4.0 average in 6th form, though that wasn't anything like as hard as the university exams I did.

On the grand scheme of things I've done well for myself. I do stuff which scares some people, maths (I hear someone ask if half of a half was a quarter recently!) at a pretty high level, though not research.I've done enough maths to understand the maths Stephen Fry has behind him in QI and so they consider it at least interesting ;)

I've used most mostly E and gbl during my time at university, but keeping my E usage to outside uni. Certainly didn'ty stop me doing my work.

Last edited:
Alpha -- you go to CAMBRIDGE. It's going to be astronomically difficult to get in the top 40% there dude unless you are one of the world's top math genius'.

If you were at any other university you would be in the top 10%.

Anyways -- I don't fuck with E to much anymore because I was always afraid of potential memory problems. My photographic memory is my baby and I don't want to lose that.

I have been blazing herbs everyday for the past year and a half and it actually has made my memory better. I do practice everyday with my memory to keep it fresh but you have to when you are on drugs half of the time.