• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Do you still get good grades, while using drugs?

No, I started usuing this and that and the other in grade 11 when i was 16, and im 21 and now still havent passed high school, i prefer my life intoxicated rather than regiemed, its how i want to live but im only going back now to finish

I think most people who use hard drugs more than once or twice a term compromise their ability to fully pursue school. However, LSD and MDMA are not hard drugs. The most dangerous hard drugs tend to be coke, meth, heroin, pharms (opiates, benzos) and alcohol. MDMA, however, is sometimes cut with meth. Obviously neither MDMA nor LSD should be done more then once every few weeks. But used irregularly, there is likely no danger of losing academic motivation, as use is not enough to make you consistently distracted.

The problem with the real hard drugs is that people find it very difficult to only use once every few months and do that consistently. Using hard drugs that regularly usually causes people to spiral out of control, which of course compromises work ethic in school, among other things.

Before weed I was told I would only get E's I got 2 C's 2 D's and the rest E's :)

-also have been high at school almost every single day off of various drugs such as lean, dxm, weed, Percocets, Xanax, and coke (Obviously not dmt, acid, or shrooms. )

Yes. I do well in my classes - only exception is if I have to take a course like English or something completely unrelated to my field.
I always aim for top of my class - sometimes I get it, sometimes not, still close though.

My GPA for my undergrad degree in uni was 81, so I did pretty well in spite of my drug issues

Of course, I did use multiple substances to get there! ;)

in HS, before dxm, i made a 1350/1600 on the SAT. in college, after starting daily dosing, i made a 1540/1600 on the GRE

So DXM made you get worse marks, then you decided to study harder to up your game?

Story of my life with opiates ;)

I went around in circles for years because i couldn't help myself with them

When I went to high school, I had about a 30% attendance rate for my final year

So I went back and did it again at college, once that I had a hot, horny girlfriend who helped me spend my spare time better

My University Admission Index ended up being 98.15

I did chemistry, physics, advanced maths, extension maths, advanced english, and extension english

It basically set the scene for going to university and enjoying my life

Once I finished university, I got off opiates and benzos

Now I enjoy the world with money making capabilities and a good, healthy ego :)

no, not at all. taking 75-125mg of dxm everyday fixed so many of my mental issues that i was actually able to use my brain. i scored 1350/1600 when i was a messed up head case. with small doses of dxm, i got control of my life. not only did i score 1540/1600 on the gre, i got admitted to a phd program in ecology and epidemiology with only a BA in mf japanese literature. before, i hated math - with dxm, i rocked the fuck out of some calculus. statistics can still suck my ass, but whatever. i made a c in hs chem, with dxm i aced both semesters of organic chem. made a b in biochem, but it's shit anyway. wanna see something? he's a paper i wrote. be aware that the formula formatting got fucking up, turning '-' into '@'

tantricspaper

that's my brain on drugs, bitches!

That's the kind of drug usage that I can openly condone without a problem

Using drugs as a tool for self-betterment is the way it should be

The main problem was when I had fallacies in the way I was thinking about using drugs

"I need this" to get out of bed is not self-betterment, not for me anyway

"It will make me enjoy x,y,z" more is another dangerous one for me, as I find getting outdoors, exercising, diving, skiing, being in nature, etc far more enjoyable when I am not on the nod or speeding off my head

It also overlapped into nootropics for me, as I started using these to try get high, rather than improve deficits

The only way humans can progress collectively and individually as a race, in my opinion, is to either use artificial technology in biotechnology, genetic engineering, or to use nootropics to improve when required

For the moment, it seems like nootropics is the way to go

But I haven't been using many, because I am still in recovery from drug depency

I do use acetyl-lcarnitine when I have access, though, because it works well for me

amphetamine logic.......taking meth helps me get things done, so it justifies the $$ i spend on it <----evil shit.

i also rocked the hell out of some modafinil while coding.

amphetamine logic.......taking meth helps me get things done, so it justifies the $$ i spend on it <----evil shit.

i also rocked the hell out of some modafinil while coding.
Yeah, I've rocked the modafanil, too

But I don't like that one so much

It's good because it isn't habit forming, but it really only made me feel awake

I got prescribed stims for a phantom "ADHD" diagnosis lol

Doctors are funny

Same pretty much. When I was high 100% of the time essentially, my grades were a bit lower..... but not by a lot. Very marginal difference.

I got good grades while using drugs. Actually, I just got my results for my most recent semester, during which I was off drugs, and I did not do quite as well as I did the previous semester, during which I was using alcohol and cannabis every day. I do not mean to imply that the lack of drugs was responsible for my slightly reduced mark, the semester just gone was objectively harder than the previous one. Nonetheless, I was both surprised and a little disappointed with the outcome.

I should probably add that, despite the result, I did feel much clearer headed off drugs than I do when I am using them every day. I am sure if I had been using drugs last semester it would have taken me longer to pick up certain difficult concepts, and I probably would have performed worse than I did sober.

My grades improved, but I only use Ritalin, Vyvanse or Concerta. (There is no Adderal in Brazil)

I had excellent grades, but my teachers knew that I was a stoner (wore it on my sleeve )despite getting the highest grade in most of their classes (classes of 50-150 college students). I also graduated with a 3.98 gpa

and guess what, they would not write me reccomendation letters due to labeling me as a drug user. Sometimes no matter how good you are, the fact that you use drugs is just unforgivable in societies eyes

I think people you see doing a lot of mdma with mediocre grades could fall en one or both categories ;
1)They use drug as an escape from a life they didn't handle in the first place. Both MDMA use and mediocre grades are caused by something else.

2) as MDMA psyconauts they have discovered that inner joy and fulfilment isn't depending on grades or best possible earnings. It's about being present in the now, with good friends. They no longer need continuous achievements to feel good about themselves.

The second risk is presumably bigger if you do the psychedelic exploration & learning roll, rather than just dance in euphoria.

Go easy on the psychedelic. BTW your brain is still not fully developed until you're not a teenager. It could be both safer and more rewarding if you wait with hitting the psychedelics hard until you're in your 20s or so. This is an age biased statement, because I'm old-ish, not sure if any studies confirms this risk.

I was a pretty heavy drinker while studying for my undergraduate degree. My grades did start to fall as my drinking progressed, but they were still pretty good.

I used opiates while I was getting my master's. There were several points where I had to stop and take breaks because it was starting to affect my grades. I had to plan my detoxes around my breaks from school.

I wouldn't recommend taking up an opiate habit to anyone trying to get an advanced degree.

My last 2 years of uni were drug and alcohol fuelled to the point where few people told me I have a booze problem (they didn't know that the drug use wasn't far behind). Graduated with 1:1 in top 6 engineering school in the country. Who knows maybe I'd have a Nobel price if I were drinking less.