• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Do you still get good grades, while using drugs?

dr seuss said:
at one of the top colleges.
No college is harder than the other in terms of exams (we all sit the same ones), but it's always good when people assume I'm ultra amazing because of my college (despite the fact it's not the case...)
dr seuss said:
and if memory serves is doing a post-grad course there.
And if my memory serves, are you not starting here next October for a post grad thing too? I would have to honestly say you're better at your subject than I am at mine. Maths just has the bonus it scares the crap out of most people immediately ;)

For me I had a 4.0 GPA before drugs, and even while I did practically every drug in existence.

That all changed once I started IVing heroin. A few months with that, needing to make 4 hour trips to pick up, and I was dealing.... and now I'm a dropout. When WDs are setting in, class doesn't seem to matter....

sorry to hear that gomer1985. opiates are bad to use everyday and try to study. try to get back into your studys. and good luck

For me, my interest in drugs has both hindered and saved my academic life. Apathy and resulting pot coke and benzo use in highschool almost made me flunk out. Benzos were the hardest on my grades. Nothing made me not care like Valium.

With my new interest in drugs and pharmacology I got into a good bio school (by shear luck alone) and pursued a degree in biochemistry. All the while increasing my pot use (I am habitual/addicted) and starting to use heroin (up to twice weekly). I use drugs as a reward for school work and I finds it works wonders for me. I wait until my work is done to smoke pot, and use opiates only on days I have no responsibilities. I find this actually makes me work harder and more efficiently, while minimizing stress.

With that being said, I have recently had to lay off opiates for a bit, as now it takes 3 bags of heroin to make me happy. The key is keeping control, and keeping assessment of personal accomplisment and goals. It is an everyday strugle and drugs can definately hinder (exp if you step into physical addiction).

I do drugs and in all my classes but one I have a B.
The other class (spanish) I'm holding a C.

Depends... I'm doing good now but I only drink and smoke weed once and awhile. I use other stuff very rarely and only on weekends. No MDMA or pyschedelics while I'm in school, I save those for the summer.

When I was addicted to pharmies and alcohol... I failed big time. It sucked

I smoke weed every now and again (not so much this year as a few of my mates have left). Take mushrooms if they're about, but that's about it. I drink a fair bit, some would say a little too much, but it's never caused any major damage.

Work hard, play hard. :)

I'm a living example of how MDMA will screw up your marks. Don't want to brag but at school I was damn good at my work and ended up with a 97.95 finishing score. Discovered ecstacy at college, abused it every week. Now I've basically screwed up my tertiary education and can't even transfer to the most basic of courses. Then again last year I was drinking very heavily and had no concern for anything. Paying the price now... bigtime. Imagine a massive debt from subjects which are totally uselss now. Bad times.

Only do the stuff if you can still focus yourself.

Yep.

EDIT: I couldn't agree more with the people who have said acid gives you motivation to do better. I've only recently seen this, possibly it's too late, I don't know. Acid + bad grades = hardcore introspective thoughts which makes one realise that their future is what matters. Haha, just the other day I wondering whether other people experienced this.

Last edited:
patte4dm said:
Partying/ heavy drug use- 2.5

No drug use/weekend drinker- 2.5
same except 2.7gpa

i dont think drugs have done me any good or bad, they're just there

MDMA fucks me up a little bit on monday and tuesday at uni, but smoking pot doesn't really do any damage...

1 final, 1 paper, a few short quizes then its time for me to fucking rage!!

I cannot begin to explain how much better I've done in school once I slowed down my usage. Another huge factor is also going out, if I stay home and drink a bit then I'm asleep by 12:00, if I go out then I'm out to at least 2 or later.

My goal for next year is to cut down on the daily drinking... for once in my life I feel like this is totally possible.

Current GPA for this semeser = 3.3, and I have an A or 2 that hasn't been submitted yet.. I am pumped.

You know what else I love about the end of school... that extra flow you get from selling your books back. Of course paying for your books sucks. Such a rip

only about a year and half and I'm done. I'm a non trad fulltime student.

I do all sorts of drugs, and my GPA is a 3.7

My grades actually started going up when I did drugs also. I got a 3.33 freshman year, then I started doing drugs and it went up from there. Got a 4.0 last semester, but my grades this semester went to shit because I got all apathetic and indifferent to this crap-ass high school system. I'll probably end with a 3.5 this semester.

Oh wait, fuck, this is a College&University forum. Im still in fucking high school:p

Last edited:
It's all about drive..it's you that makes you have bad grades, not what you smoked. I work hard to do well..I reserve any rolling or tripping for special occasions, and smoke pot to remove anxiety and allow me to focus better. I'm bipolar II and it balances things out quite nicely in a way my meds don't.

I just got all my grades, and they were fine. Ok so they were a little bit low compare to last year when I hardly did drugs when I was taking classes.

But seriously, if I didn't do so much drugs to pass the pain/ stress this year, I would have dropped out or killed myself :(

I've got good grades while using poppies everyday, tripping every week, and using the occasional benzo or other drug. Went to class on a medium dose of DOI once but it wasn't much fun. GPA for spring was 3.81, Summer I was 4.0. My cumulative GPA is not showing up, but if I worked it out right, it should be 3.86.

Most of the classes I took were easy, so that helped.

My tolerance to poppies has gone up a lot, if I don't get it down it may start to affect my grades. I plan on tapering down my use between the end of summer and start of fall classes. Maybe then I can stop using them every day. I'd use them before going to class, I think my grades would be worse without opiates.

Last edited:
No. When I'm done with my finals, I'm going to get myself a nice amount of Codeine, since I'm done with Heroin, and since I hate other drugs.

Back in the Silurian epoch when I was an undergraduate, I smoked weed every day and occasionally did "harder" stuff. I graduated magna cum laude with two degrees in four years - so it worked for me. YMMV.

I'm in college and smoking weed everyday. I'd even go to class high. I stopped doing that and smoked less during the day.

Ecstasy is what gets to me. I started skipping classes excessively.

It really depends on the person. I stopped doing E as much and wait til the weekends.