• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Do you still get good grades, while using drugs?

If you were at any other university you would be in the top 10%.

not only that - the boy done got onto a cracking course at Cambridge, at one of the top colleges. and if memory serves is doing a post-grad course there.

i reckon it's more top 0.5% style :)

dr seuss said:
not only that - the boy done got onto a cracking course at Cambridge, at one of the top colleges. and if memory serves is doing a post-grad course there.

i reckon it's more top 0.5% style :)

For sure -- I think when you are surrounded with the world's top mathematicians, you undervalue your own achievements.

I just like giving respect when respect is due -- that's a fucking DIFFICULT (and impossible for me) academic program. Rigorous and well beyond the scope of most programs.

Anyways -- i'll stop sucking people's dicks off on here. Back to arguing with people.

no probs.

can i just quickly add that complexPHILOSOPHY dude is the fuckin bee's knees.

*rinses*

=D

dr seuss said:
no probs.

can i just quickly add that complexPHILOSOPHY dude is the fuckin bee's knees.

*rinses*

=D

haha.

and it continues! face it, you are addicted to giving compliments, I am to it's OK.

I get off on it.

*rinses dr. seuss*

thanks everyone!

I have an average of 18 which is the equivalent to 3.6 in your GPA. trying to get it up to 3.8 this term (I had 3.8 last year). so, I guess it's going to be ok if I'm careful. My main fear isn't that I'm going to get stupid but simply that I'll lose interest. School can be pretty much pointless sometimes. But I always faced it as a game and after 12 years acing it I'm not going to screw up the final level! hehe

lots of love people!

I have a 3.7 and this is the first semester that I havent been a pretty heavy user of ecstasy coke or heroin (ive completed 3 semesters). I was always stressed out and miserable but I got the work done, so it wasnt affected much. However, my grades are higher and college is much easier now that I don't do any drugs.

It really depends on the person and the drug being taken. I've gotten the impression there's a lot of college students tweaked out on adderall and modafinil. I'm glad it wasn't around when I was a student, I relied on caffeine and nicotine.

Now, it'd be like being clean and having to play sports with people using steroids.

i do my fair share of drugs, also smoke 4 or so times a week, and i am in the top 10 of my 1st year law school class right now. but that it is me and i have seen other friends of mine who do drugs let it affect their schoolwork and whatnot

>>It really depends on the person and the drug being taken. I've gotten the impression there's a lot of college students tweaked out on adderall and modafinil. I'm glad it wasn't around when I was a student, I relied on caffeine and nicotine.>>

I don't think the stims give you that much of an edge if you don't procrastinate in the first place.

ebola

My grades have actually improved ever since I started using drugs. I was getting A's, B's, and a C, now I get all A's.

Well I was kicking ass prior to spring break....

Over spring break I did a lot of E, xanax, and drinking all at the sametime.

I'll be sure to let you know how my grades are when I finish. :)

You should encounter little to no problems maintaining the same grades AS LONG as you use ecstasy and acid in MODERATION.

Remember, moderation is the key!

MDMA (ecstasy) causes brain damage, its a known fact (not trying to scare you). However, lots of other things cause brain damage as well (lots of them happen to be legal). If you are going to use ecstasy I would highly recommend waiting until you are finished your classes and are sitting comfortably in your career.

If you are going to still use ecstasy anyway, please do not take it more then once every 3 months. The rule I have for myself is to not take it more then 1-3 times a year - but hey, thats just me!

Drugs are a lot of fun, but there is a thin line between a good drug user and a bad one, you could slip up very easily - so watch yourself and remember, there is always next time.

Be safe, PLUR!

yeah i try to counter act the damage with nutrition and nootropics i try to break even

I smoke weed before each and every class, and Ive been managing A's and high B's (HAHAHAH HIGH B'S!!! =D =D =D =D =D 8) ) and I use alot of other drugs occaisonally. Basically, as long as I can get to sleep so I can stay awake in class, Im fine.

When I was abusing K I noticed I didn't care as much about my grades and in some classes my grades suffered.

But acid actually made me criticize myself and my lack of motivation and actually made me want to do better in school and my quality of life

I graduated from ECU in Greenville, NC in 2003 with a 3.0 gpa. I was able to party like a rock star and still keep my grades up. :)

It all depends on the drug. If I smoke weed everyday, my motivation goes to shit and my grades suffer. I take Ritalin to concentrate and it pretty much forces my grades up. And if I'm ever in a serious need for motivation, I take acid. Nothing motivates me to go through school like LSD.

I don't think drugs can make you "stupid" but just "distracted". If you can manage to do no drugs when you need to be concentrated and do them when you don't have to do anything requiring linear focus everything will be ok :)

Ravr i agree acid gives me insight and motavation to get work done!!
Weed = no work or motavation for me and brain fog.
I take dexies sometimes . but mainly nootropics to keep me getting study done. i use benzos quiet often and most other drug classes a few times a month and have those bender weekends once a month and are still doing well better than some poeple that don't use drugs