• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Cooking Fentanyl

Conchero

Greenlighter
I have two 50mcg fentanyl gel patches, and I am wondering if it is possible to cook the gel into a snortable powder form, like you would with ketamine. A friend tried to do it in the microwave but I think he ruined the gel. I am wondering if this is actually possible to do or not.

hey man, im letting u know u CAN actually smoke the gel off foil....i have a good tolerance, and 4-5 good hits put me into a nice daze...short lived, but i was really tired and basically nodded out anyways for atleast 3 hours from my last hit.

slice it open, and start with TINY dots of gel on foil and make sure u have a good technique...many of my friends missed the vapors and wasted FENTANYL.

i have a 25ug patch from mylan, the shitty one without the gel. i sliced it up and i put it in 1ml of water and im letting it sit overnight under my light so its just slightly heated. tomorrow im gonna shoot it and see how that goes. wish me luck!! or if anyone has a better idea on how to make it work please let me know!!

Yeh, I've heard of people smoking the gel off foil. Unless you have a fairly strong tolerance, I don't recommend smoking or even attempting to make a snortable form. In fact, personally I strongly recommend avoiding it, but to each his own.

^thats what i thought, but then i started smoking it correctly....

EDIT:

oops now i understand what ur saying...yeah without a tolerance smoking fent gel COULD be risky....snorting it would be just insane.

do it up said:
i have a 25ug patch from mylan, the shitty one without the gel. i sliced it up and i put it in 1ml of water and im letting it sit overnight under my light so its just slightly heated. tomorrow im gonna shoot it and see how that goes. wish me luck!! or if anyone has a better idea on how to make it work please let me know!!

Shooting something thats been sitting there overnight ? 8) how hygeneic.

Fentanyl is fat soluble so I do not think that soaking it in water overnight will work. The fact that it is fat soluble is what makes it effective transdermally. Also, as someone else said, you do not want to be injecting a liquid that has been sitting out all night without a wheel filter. Bacteria will build up in the liquid and will cause you to get a dirty hit.

Also from what I have read smoking the Fentanyl gel can be very harmful to the lungs due to the silicone in the gel. Inhaling burned silicone can be very dangerous. I'm not sure of he specifics but it has to do with what the silicone turns in to when burned.

Also keep in mind that unless your tolerance is very high, if you do manage to extract the fentanyl, you will be left with a lethal dose. In my opinion, these patches are not the best thing to be abusing, but as always YMMV.

^^ No, not at all. Shooting the gel from a Duragesic is dangerous just because of the massive dose, as well as the gelling agents re-solidifying in your veins.

In fact, Fentanyl is very frequently used IV/IM in both hospital and non-hospital settings. It's an extremely effective drug.

Shooting Fentanyl can be extremely dangerous though, because of its sheer potency. Doses need to be carefully administered.

I'm sure you might remember a few years back when a bunch of IV users turned up dead because Fentanyl had hit the streets and users were injecting it at the same doses for heroin. Fentanyl is substantially stronger than heroin, and as such, they OD'ed.

Given properly and at the right dose it's an extremely effective pain control med.

^ that brings up a question. how many people are actually illicitly addicted to fentanyl? i mean, people who arent prescribed it? it seems like thats a very rare drug for someone to be addicted to (if not prescribed it)

^ thats what i would have assumed. I cant imagine any street level users being hooked on just fentanyl.

no if fact ts from addicts that attain their substance via blackmart and then that try and shoot the gel from the patch itself that is the majority of overdoses...

There are definately people addicted to Fentanyl. F is a particularly harsh mistress as it's duration of action is so short, someone that is addicted to it has to use like every 45 minutes to stay well. It's a great high but lasts for under an hour unless you apply the patch as directed and tolerance skyrockets in no time.

ktx49 said:
hey man, im letting u know u CAN actually smoke the gel off foil....i have a good tolerance, and 4-5 good hits put me into a nice daze...short lived, but i was really tired and basically nodded out anyways for atleast 3 hours from my last hit.

slice it open, and start with TINY dots of gel on foil and make sure u have a good technique...many of my friends missed the vapors and wasted FENTANYL.

its wicked to smoke it, except the fact that u cant see the smoke....its hard for ppl who have never smoked things of foil.lol i got fucked up one time off like 3 big hits and dropped the burning hot foil on my thumb and it fucking stuck to it and melted some ony my skin bad,,,ouchy.. it hurt so fucking much

I know for a fact there are many people addicted to fentenyl especially on this board. It is an incredibly powerful opiate and when everything else stops working...where do you go from there? Only up, to a harder more powerful opiate...fentenyl.

I was addicted to Fent. 1 and a half to 2 100ug patches (15-20 mg's) a day sublingually, I had a source of 60 100ug/hr patches a month. Once in a while the solid Mylan patches were the only ones avaliable. For the Mylan ones I used to chew them. And I liked how you can manage the doseage better because you could cut the patch into 8th's or 16th's and just chew for and hour or so.

I blame/thank my (over/mis)use of the patches for making my tolerance so high. Used to feel nice (not really high) off of 1 oral 80mg OC chewed up. After 3 months of daily Fent abuse, 500mgs of oral OC just stoped my nose from running. And the half life of Fent is so short I started to feel sick 12 hours after the last doseage of Fent. Where I could easily make it 24 hours before getting sick after my last doseage of OC. I would advise any opiate newbie to USE EXTREME CAUTION WITH FENTENYL. And IT IS MY OPINION to any dealers DO NOT SELL FENTENYL TO PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HAVE A SIZEABLE HABIT.

But if it wasn't for the Fent I wouldn't of went on Bupe almost year ago. So it got me out of the cycle of........... Score opiate, Get high, Get sick, REPEAT. Now the cylcle is go to the doctor every 30 days..............Score Bupe, No High, No Sick, Repeat.

^-damn thats an outrageous tolerence you got there! good luck with your bupe treatment :)

I dont think the gel has silicone in it, I do believe it is just alcohol gel and you can squeeze it onto a piece of glass and let it evaporate into powder. Lick out the patch because it will still have alot left on the plastic.