• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Antidepressant effects of psychedelics

Ugh, sounds undesirable then. I get headaches from AMT about 40-50% of the time, but when I feel one coming on, I take a strong dose of ibuprofen or acetaminophen and it usually stops or nearly stops it pre-emptively. But you're right, once the headache is established, it's hard to shake. Although for some reason even when it really hurts, it doesn't bother me much with AMT. It's easy to stop caring about the pain.

I think the world would be a lot less depressed if we were all tripping.. at least a little bit. ;)

I feel great during and after taking a hallucinogen. I am not particularly depressive, but everyone has their moments, and I agree that hallucinogens work as an excellent antidepressant. Sorry I don't have much to contribute except an agreement.

Wanted to give this one a bump.

I've started vaporizing ~5mg of AMT every morning before leaving the house. It's just such a nice lift and it gets me active. Nothing overly strong or anything. I find by early afternoon it starts to wear off though. I think I'm going to try 10mg oral tomorrow and see where that goes.

I started vaporizing it because I found the oral doses to be too hard on my body, even at 10mg. The vaporized doses are super clean.

Actually come to think of it, I'll try 10mg oral on Friday, I can't afford to risk feeling "off" tomorrow, too much stuff to do.

The vaporized dose of 5mg sure works wonders though. After the main effects are worn off 8 hours later I'm still in a positive mood, it's just the stimulation that takes a downturn. In fact that 5mg dose in the morning keeps a smile on my face all the way until I go to bed at night. :)

I've started vaporizing ~5mg of AMT every morning before leaving the house. It's just such a nice lift and it gets me active. Nothing overly strong or anything. I find by early afternoon it starts to wear off though.

How long have you been doing this for daily? I wonder what the long-term repercussions (if any) might be...

How long have you been doing this for daily? I wonder what the long-term repercussions (if any) might be...

Since Saturday. AMT has been used as a pharmaceutical antidepressant in the past and at these small doses I'm really not too worried about harmful effects.

I'm kind of waiting for Xorkoth to chime in about extended use of AMT. ;)

I have AMT coming my way, i will also experiment with daily low doses:) Planning on trying the same thing with DMT, will find out what works best.

Well it was used in Russia as a daily antidepressant in I believe 5mg doses... it was discontinued due to an undesired number of reports of "weirdness" or something similar... certain people tripped, basically, if they were sensitive, and some of them found that negative. Or so I surmise anyway.

At low, antidepressant doses, I suspect it's quite safe to take daily.

Since Saturday. AMT has been used as a pharmaceutical antidepressant in the past and at these small doses I'm really not too worried about harmful effects.

I'm kind of waiting for Xorkoth to chime in about extended use of AMT. ;)

Well I used it extended at large doses, from 50mg to 100mg or even more. The aftereffects were serious, symptoms of serotonin depletion like abuse of MDMA, with brain zaps, sleep paralysis, and horrible depression. It was really bad, for only like 3 or 4 days though. I felt unbalanced for a while. Since then I've only had it once because I promised myself to never acquire any again. I hung out with a Bluelighter and had some and that was nice. :)

I was thinking as I was walking down the road this morning "LSD should be a part of everyones regular diet".
In all honesty though, I think it has to be a full on balls out trip to lift us all on up high. Low dose antidepressant effects of psychedelics are not surprising at all, considering their serotonergic/dopaminergic reactions. However, this is akin to taking an SNRI, such as venlafaxine, daily. The true benefits come from being ripped through hyperspace and scattered across infinite fractal dimentions.

And then you come back, and realize, wow! there really is something worth existing for :) (that doesn't even do it justice to explain it like that obviously, but you catch my drift...)

I was thinking as I was walking down the road this morning "LSD should be a part of everyones regular diet".
In all honesty though, I think it has to be a full on balls out trip to lift us all on up high. Low dose antidepressant effects of psychedelics are not surprising at all, considering their serotonergic/dopaminergic reactions. However, this is akin to taking an SNRI, such as venlafaxine, daily. The true benefits come from being ripped through hyperspace and scattered across infinite fractal dimentions.

And then you come back, and realize, wow! there really is something worth existing for :) (that doesn't even do it justice to explain it like that obviously, but you catch my drift...)

i don't think it's like an SNRI. i've been on those and dosing LSD daily for up to a month didn't give me any noticeable side effects while SNRI treatment definitely did

the antidepressant effects of psychs has to do with all the dopamine/serotonin activity rather than a process of reuptake inhibition

none that i know of personally tho taking daily B vitamins and amino acids like tyrosine definitely keep you from burning out or becoming too sensitive to sunlight (lack of vitamin B6)

i remember the last time i tripped really hard on 12 hits i felt so burnt out the next day i couldn't get out of bed without eating some sid

make sure to eat and sleep regularly and you should feel ok on the comedowns. after a few days you won't trip or get visuals unless you mega-dose

Today i started with 5mg of AMT, kills of any dysthemia right away. I do notice a slight psychedelic feeling wich i dont really like but it should wear off soon, overall i'm pleased and will continue.

Last edited:
If you're taking it daily don't forget to factor in the very long half life.

If you're taking it daily don't forget to factor in the very long half life.

Hmm, gona take 5mg every day and see how it works out, was planning on going up to 10 mg but your right that the half life would build up.

mushrooms in moderate doses (at low not), have potent antidepressive effects, after trip i see the life with definitely more enthusiasm and optimism

Today i started with 5mg of AMT, kills of any dysthemia right away, it doesnt work for social anxiety tough. I do notice a slight psychedelic feeling wich i dont really like but it should wear off soon, overall i'm pleased and will continue.

I hear this. I sometimes smoke a pipe in the morning. It stimulates me and makes me feel good (anti-depressant) but it certainly isn't anti-anxiety. I still have social anxiety with it.

Does the pupil dilation fade after awhile? I look like i'm on XTC wish is a bit anoying.

not on daily basis , but did work on problems many times with low dose. there were many exsperiments in the 60's- 70's