• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall -- minimizing the tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone I know if perscribed to SEVENTY FIVE mg of adderall a day!! I don't see how their heart hasnt shut down. They have been on it since the 4th grade and they are now a junior in college. If they don't take it they can't get out of bed. I personally HATE adderall. even if I eat with it my stomach and joints still kill me and the next day I feel like shit!

That said, I notice a striking similarity to marijuana, which I'm guessing is a psychological property of a lot of drugs. When I first started smoking marijuana, I was swept off my feet by the effects. I couldn't think or act normal even if I wanted to, and I loved that about it. But as time went by, I found that this became less and less true. Until someone told me that now that I'm a seasoned toker, I have to consciously CHOOSE to let myself be 'taken' by the drug. And sure enough, I found that if I put myself in the right mindset, I could get back into the same silly, mildly hallucinogenic headspace that used to come automatically as a noobie smoker. Many people in Cannabis Discussion have reported the same thing.
I still get fucked up from smoking bud. I used to smoke 10x more than I do now (back in the good ol' days I was going through 7g to 14g - dank/hetties - in a day. Now 7g would last me around a month), but still find the same positive effects every time I blaze.

I think this has something to do with the psychology of familiarity. When some experience is completely novel, you're much taken by it. But once it becomes familiar and predictable, it becomes possible (nay, default!) to not pay it much mind. Giving it one's full attention and giving it power over you becomes optional.
I think it's called tolerance (biochemical or environmental) and habituation, personally.

My opinion of d,l-amp (adderall) is that it is very effective when taken sparingly.

It is possible to take it twice a week without a tolerance increase, but not every week for a month. It could be possible to do that every week for a month for some people, but definitely not for most. Due to this, I only use d,l-amp around once a month, or less frequently than that.

The medicinal efficacy of adderall tends to wane rather quickly with repetitive administration. With chronic administration (two or three or more times a day, every day, for a year or two), medicinal efficacy of adderall seems to disappear and tolerance seems to become a permanent phenomenon.

75 mg of Adderall isn't nothing! I take 50mg Vyvanse and #3 30mg fast acting Ads a day. I don't have a problem sleeping at all.... I've also been though all the add/adhd meds there was while going through school including my fav "Dexies" (fast acting). My tolerance has surged to the point where I can take #2 30mg Ads and my heart will only beat slightly faster. I proved this to my doctor which took my blood pressure every 5 mins for 30 mins and only marked a slight raise! Doctor don't question if I actually use the Ads anymore to say the least. Eyes poked out her head!

Note:studies have been published that hyperactive children are prone to have a greater natural tolerance to amp the normal kids. I was hyperactive (still can't keep still unless I'm dosed up) It's a curse! My whole fams ADD/ADHD.

Also as far as magnesium and tolerance is concerned It only works in some people and I believe that it's more or less a lack of that source of vitamin/mineral that contributes much to the finale outcome. I take magnesium eat greens and am on a pretty good diet/drink only bottled water and still have a high tolerance to amphetamine that hasn't reduced!

Adderall is also meant to be a long time use drug Ie the fat that there isn't a maximum clinical dose. Overdose is based on the 100 rule. 100mg after a clinical effect is given is the estimated O/D point. At least this is what I think I remember from my psych. lectures on amphetamine which at my dose I get on every visit.... ;O

Adderall alternative

Someone I know if perscribed to SEVENTY FIVE mg of adderall a day!! I don't see how their heart hasnt shut down. They have been on it since the 4th grade and they are now a junior in college. If they don't take it they can't get out of bed. I personally HATE adderall. even if I eat with it my stomach and joints still kill me and the next day I feel like shit!

Don't like Adderall then get some Vyvanse and check out my dream girl "lenses" ;) postings on converting to dex which is far cleaner then ads and a way better come down...

I find piracetam and lecithin taken in conjunction with amphetamines to diminish tolerance a bit, and it also makes the come-down better, and cuts down on side-effects.

Small doses of Ketamine taken before a dose of dexedrine definitely did wonders to keep tolerance at bay...

But now that I'm slightly the wiser, I simply take the small doses of Ketamine, and skip the amp altogether ;).

(note that all this happens with a healthy level of Magnesium and zinc in the system. I cannot stress more that the two have to be BOTH supplemented properly because they work together in the NDMA complex - with either drug.

i take magnesium everyday. Didn't know I needed zinc. . . I am starting b 12 injections and I am excited! also tongs of amino acids. Get a big expensive bottle of 5-htp and take it with adderall for a near roll

I am up to about 400-500mgs of adderall a day. It's a ridiculous amount, I know. But I also have dexedrine, which I love. So I switch off. I am prescribed 60mgs a day, but it just doesn't cut it so I crush and snort.

You are prescribed adderall for the wrong reason. It won't keep helping you like this if you use it daily. If you have motivational problems you should see a shrink or just get off your lazy ass. I had the same thing happen back in highschool. The drug won't keep studying for you. In the end you'll have to do an effort either way. And when you're used to a stimulant to help you in studying and then have to get motivated without it, studying will be even harder. :(

Ive been prescribed 10mg xr twice daily for the past three years and I have been able to curb the tolerance. Maybe one or two days a week I wont take it, and it seems to help. But I'm prescribed the drug to help with depression, not necessarily as a study aid:\. And for the past 3 years it has worked.

it can help for depression ^^ just make sure you don't have any "mania" issues... or aka that your not truly crazy. everyone gets a lil depressed and I don;t see why marijuana or even amphetamine can't be used as opposed to horrible SSRI's *from my own experience

Stimulants are actually often used to relieve depression because it gives a person more energy and they are more outgoing so they don't wallow in self pity all day. It is actually very helpful. I have found it more helpful than any ssri I have been on.

edit: I read your post wrong. oops.

I am up to about 400-500mgs of adderall a day. It's a ridiculous amount, I know. But I also have dexedrine, which I love. So I switch off. I am prescribed 60mgs a day, but it just doesn't cut it so I crush and snort.

You DO realize that adderall and dexedrine are essentially the same drug, and that "switching" them does nothing for your tolerance, let alone your body and your mental integrity?

yes, I do realize this, but they have a slightly different high so I like to switch it up.

i took 15-30 mg dextroamphetamine every day for 6 months, and after a while some of the euphoria was gone but the focused, clear headed effects are still there. maybe adderall might be a bit different because of the l isomer making it hard to get good sleep. If u only want it for school work try switching to dexedrine, its a lot more focus with a lot less of the jitteryness, just dont start upping the dose as that leads to problems, but do u actually have ADD? o by the way im on adderall and vyvance as im writting this....

Same boat dude. I was actually prescribed vyvance and it wasn't doing it so i started taking more than prescribed (alot more.)

And now im being put on adderall XR's and i was addicted to adderall earlier in life so this should be a trip for me.

Im hoping i don't relapse and start going psyco over it again :\

Status
Not open for further replies.