• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Getting blood tested now- Doc says it covers EVERYTHING

Voodoochild870

Bluelighter
Well, I'm getting even more help now aside from my counselor. I'm seeing a doctor that's going to help me more with my drug problem, but says I'll be getting blood tested every 2 weeks, and have a piss test every week or so.

He said though that the blood test covers every single drug anyone could do, including drugs like LSD and alcohol, and he mentioned something about it going as deep as looking at my DNA or some shit.

Now I intend to stay clean off most drugs, but I honestly see nothing wrong with psychedelics, if used sparingly and used for a purpose. I was planning on eating shrooms sometime soon, but what I'm wondering is, can they really test for things like LSD or psilocybe in a blood test? And if so, how long would these metabolites actually stay in you for?

It is possible to test for both in a blood test, but it's going to be a very short detection period. Blood tests are a lot shorter than urine tests, and erowid says urine detection period for both is 1-3 days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_test
Here they have detection periods shorter than erowid. Blood detection period for lsd=0-3 hours. lol

Ah, exactly what I need, thanks for the link. Wow, 3 hours? That's strange. Funny how people say shit like it stays in you forever, or it's stored in your spinal fluid haha.

I see nothing about shrooms though, so I'm guessing I'm safe to eat a couple grams tonight. =D

This caught my eye though
Cannabis (single use) Blood test = 24 hours
Cannabis (habitual use) Blood test = 2 days

I was under the impression that weed stays in your bloodsystem for almost a month. Could this chart be wrong?

It could be wrong, but i think it's just much less approximate than erowid's. Erowid adds on more time for those who remove drugs exceptionally slower, hence the "up to 12 weeks" for habitual cannabis smoking for urine tests. Most people would find marijuana is gone from their piss much, much faster.

Erowid's chart says blood test can detect habitual cannabis use for 2 weeks, not quite a month but much longer than 2 days. I was under the impression that the drug metabolites would stay in the blood for a while, and for marijuana stay in fat cells then be burned up and removed in waste, not returning to the bloodstream.

I think it'd be pretty safe to assume psilocybe will be removed in a similar time space as lsd.

Yeah, thanks for clearing that up a bit. It's just that when you have 2 very reliable sources saying 2 different things, it's like who do you believe, ya know? And anyways, I'm taking a very long break from weed, so yeah, that just caught my attention.

I think my doctor might be a little full of it when he says he can detect anything in my blood within a month of using it. Maybe that's just a scare tactic, who knows.

Well thanks for the help man.