• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking cigs after smoking weed: Does it intensify/lesson the effects of weed?

NerdOnDrugs

Bluelighter
I've found that smoking a cig after smoking a small/moderate amount of weed will lesson the effects of weed, but smoking a cig after smoking a large amount of weed will intensify the buzz.

But I honestly am not sure, because I have nothing to compare it to because I've never gone more than 30 minutes to have a cig after smoking weed for the 2 years.

Yep. me and my mates noticed this a few years ago. almost everyone around here smokes 'mix, mixies' which has a % of baccy mixed in with the weed.

dirty cunts smoke 70/30 mix, i'm more of a 30/70 man myself

if you're not used to smoking tobacco with weed then you will feel more 'trashed' than normal after havin a ciggy or two, it's not THAT pleasant though.

im used to my thirty/seventy mix so i get a rush :) instead of a trashed feeling.
its really quite nice even though i know all i'm doing is supporting a very small tobacco adiction and releaving that urge; better than trying to smoke cigs IMO

south australian smoking habits by the way.

I don't know but when I smoke herb, there must be tobacco blended; otherwise there is something missing.

50/50 and good tobacco... like the herb; quality matches quality.

Canisaureus - does smoking pure green tend to make you cough more than normal? i've found after smoking mix for a few years i can't stand pure bud.

I used to smoke cigs after I smoked weed... but now I find that it destroys the delicate compexity of the high and turns it into a really basic, "fucked up" buzz. In my opinion, nicotine completely ruins a good high and turns it into something boring and nasty.

Nicotine changes it but doesn't destroy it.

It's more like you notice the nicotine more than normal, rather than it changing the high...

I don't like mixing it with the weed, but I have a tendency to smoke cigarettes after I am done with the weed. Definatley amplifies at that point.

We always used to have the automatic habit of a newport right after smokin. firs thting you do after you smoke a bowl. light up a port. shit just goes together right.

together, nasty. you gotta smoke your weed then light up your cigarette right after, its liek 2 connected actions. and fuck non menthol.

lacey k said:
We always used to have the automatic habit of a newport right after smokin. firs thting you do after you smoke a bowl. light up a port. shit just goes together right.

together, nasty. you gotta smoke your weed then light up your cigarette right after, its liek 2 connected actions. and fuck non menthol.

I never got you menthol smokers. Don't see how you can take more than 2 drags from a Newport and not hate it. The mint is just too much.

Yea well i never got you non menthol smokers. i dont understand how you can take more than 2 drags and not cough your lungs up because what youre smoking tastes like the dried fecal matter scraped off a dogs asshole. :) outta the whole time i smoked, from when i was 12 to now, no matter how long i went without a cigarette if someone offered me a Red i would still go without, the shits just that nasty.

LOL

And to answer the q in the topic, it dont really make a difference to me, its just something i used to always do out of habit

Let's not try to turn this topic into a methol vs non menthol thread. ;)

Menthols are nasty shit though. =D

i actually find tobacco lessens the effect, whether it's a cigarette after a smoke, or a spliff with even a small amount of 'baccy in it.

I read this thread a few weeks ago when i was wondering about this, and didn't make a thread for fear of flaming =D

sorry lacey but menthol sucks ;)

And imo I dont think cigs changes the high at all. I think its in your heads...kids....

I always smoke with tobacco, and everyone else I knows does too.

The major difference, especially when smoking commercial marroc hash is that the tobacco adds a 'kick'. A rushing sensation upon inhalation, which is good.=D

Wtf, just smoke straight weed then light up a square after you're done.

Actually, studies have shown that when quantities of thc are present within the 12-35 mg range, nicotine synergizes with the cannibinoid, multiplying the effects by (estimated) 1.52-1.72 times. Mhm.

Nah but I never got any "synergy" combining bud and tobacco, maybe an interesting buzz from the cigarette lasting a few minutes, but that's it. Of course any receptor stimulation while you're high creates interesting (pleasant?) sensations, although I really doubt it'll 'intensify' the effects, literaly.

Blowmonkey said:
Menthols are nasty shit though. =D

hey! i smoke...err...smoked menthols and they were teh best :p

i found that after smoking weed cigs tasted really unhealthy and gross which is why i quit 7 days ago. damn, i wish i had one though =[