• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin and Drug Test

dredmentia

Bluelighter
I was just wondering how long it usually takes for heroin to be out of your system. My friend did a fairly small ammount (4 bags) last night and he might have a test Friday morning. This would give him well over 72 hours of cleaness before the test, but is that usually enough for H? I know for Oxy it would probably be out by then but oxy has a different curve...I was also wondering if someone stored urine before using the drug, and then gave in that urine a few days later, would it be possible for them to detect that the urine was old? There is no temperature strip on the cup, and the person is not in the bathroom during my friends test apparently , so can the actual test detect if the urine was not given that day? It isnt a strip test also, it is a lab test where it is sent somewhere and analyzed. Any info would be appreciated.

drug_heroin

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they will be able to specifically detect that it was heroin, but there is a good chance they will detect the morphine that the heroin broke down into.

That's a good question about old urine, as far as I know the only way they detect if it's new if the temperature. As long as the creatinine doesn't break down over time it should be good. Does he not have any clean friends willing to piss for him? Just to be on the safe side.

I would say buy a test before to see if he even needs to use other piss, but since he already knows it's a lab test that may show clean for a cheap bought test but not the lab. So don't reley on that to determine if he's clean.

That's a tough call since it's right on the 4th day, but atleast it sounds like he can sneak other piss in easy.

72 hours most likely test won't come up positive, exspecaly since they are not daily users. as far as the old urine, no they can't tell, honestly I've used urine that was weeks old!! I have been a heroin addict for over 30yrs. and have been on metadone for many years. between meth clinic and parole I use to have to test on weekly basis so do know a little about it all. I've never given a positive test after 72 hours and many times after 48hr if I would flush good. Also thought the years of testing I used everything... oc's, meth, morphine, heroin, kp's, ext. I have recently cleaned up... but who knows what will come

Hmmm I have this question. . I am in a Drug Court program and I get tested 1-2 times a week. I recently got a Concussion and was prescribed Hydrocodone for pain. Drug Court flipped out but I was able to ingest 8 of the 2.5mg pills before they could get the Doctor to take me off of it. I failed the Opiate portion of my test on Thursday, due to the hydrocodone in my system, and went out and got .2 of a gram of Herion immediately after. The logic was that I figured I would be ok since the test does not differntiate between codeine.morphine/hydrocodone ect. its just comes up as a positve opiate result so I thought I could get away with doing some H this one time. I injected approximately 3/4 of it in 3 shots in about a 15 minute time span( I know I know, I've never been good at spacing out my dope).

Now down to the question. How long will it take to get the dope out of my system? The last time I did Heroin I failed a drug test 6 days later but I was snorting it. I have been told that if I fail my next test I am in big trouble. (3 years in jail) Unfortunately that was after I did my dope. So will the H get out of my system at about the same time as the hydrocodone, or am I screwed. Please note that I am no longer a chronic user and this was my first use in months. The dope was so-so quality. (Although I have been spoiled with as close to pure dope as you can get in the past, so it could have been more potent than I think.) The cutoff is 300ng/ml. Please help. thanks

Tests do differentiate between codeine/morphine and hydomorphone(what hydrocodone breaks down to). I've heard that hydocodone can trigger the codeine/morphine slot(not sure if it's true) but only if a lot has been taken. Since you only had 20mg they most likely had a seperate slot for hydromorphone. The heroin should become undetectable in 2-4 days.

I should have mentioned that I am taking Urine Tests. As far as my Case Worker will know, she cannot tell the difference between what triggered my opiate slot. Morphine/Codeine/Hydromorphone/6-Acetyl-Morphine will all trigger the Opiate Slot. She has a separate strip for Oxycodone and Methadone but all other opiates will trigger the opiate slot. Thanks for your concern but I am safe as far as that aspect is concerned.

I am just hoping that the H will be out of my system by the time that the hydrocodone SHOULD be so I don't go to jail. 2-4 days is what I have heard around the net but I have questions about that number. If Heroin breaks down into codeine then morphine will it take 2-4 days total, or 2-4 days for Heroin to become Codeine, than 2-4 days for codeine to become Morphine, then 2-4 days for Morphine to leave my system? I sure hope not..

thanks guys.

They can't tell if it was specifically heroin unless they test you 3-4 hours after you take it, the 6-Acetyl-Morphine will be gone. So it doesn't take long at all for the heroin to break down into codeine and morphine. I'm not positive if it's 2-4 for codeine to morphine, then another 2-4 for morphine but if it was that would be absurd for places like erowid to not take that into account.

I totally agree. IF Erowid doesn't take that into account I will be quite pissed off. I am glad that I don't get blood tested because, like you said, they would know that I am doing Heroin and not just assume it was my hydrocodone screwing up the opiate slot which is why I did it. I just get really paranoid about the drug tests whenever I use heroin because of the last time I failed 6 days later. I am sticking to IV Oxycodone from now on, I can pass a test MUCH easier with OC's than with Heroin. Not only does it leave my system much quicker but sometimes she doesn't even stick the oxycodone strip in my piss. She ALWAYS sticks the 5 strip(THC,cocaine,opiates,methamphetamine,amphetamine) in there which will pick up Heroin. I just need to come to terms with the fact that I can't do dope again for 8 months. Ah well

If anyone has any personal Heroin drug testing experiences I would love to hear them, good and bad outcomes alike. thanks

It's not just erowid, pretty much any site will say somthing like 1-4 days for heroin.

Be careful with oxycodone, even if they don't use the oxycodone strip. Morphine is not a large metabolite of oxy but it is still present. Large doses can show positive on regular opiate tests.

Very true. I'm in a situation where I can't use like I want to anymore so that won't be a problem. I get to use once every 2 weeks when everything lines up perfectly so that I will have enough time to get the oxycodone out of my system before my next test.

Also I think a big portion of the problem might be cutoff point discrepencies. The cutoff point for jobs and such is 2000ng/ml whereas the cutoff point for drug rehab programs is only 300ng/ml. If people would take into consideration the cutoff point we would most likely get much more accurate information.

Like I said I would really like to hear some personal experiences of people who did heroin and had to face a drug test days later. I am probably looking at a 5 day window of time here. For the reasons goatofthenever and I have been discussing I don't trust a number you got off a website. Personal expereinces would make me feel better. Thanks everyone!

A couple months ago, I was in a suboxone program. I would do heroin, oxy and coke. I would do these sometimes, 2 days (48 hours) prior to my urine test and never tested positive. I am a big guy, 6'8", like 240 pounds. But the key is to drink a lot of water during those 2 days, and the day of the test. Never had a prob.