Bluelight

Thread: Does methadone show up in a standard urine test as opioid/opiate or as methadone?

1. Collapse Details
    Does methadone show up in a standard urine test as opioid/opiate or as methadone? 
    Just curious, if someone took a urine test, NOT a drug test, so that's what i meant by STANDARD urine test. Considering that it takes drugs into consideration, would methadone show up as an opiate/opioid or as SPECIFICALLY methadone.

I'm curious b/c at my methadone clinic they say they test all these drugs, that they can even tell the LEVEL of drugs..blah, blah, blah. When in reality i know for a fact that they do not test for dextroamphetamine, MDMA, MDA, Mushrooms, and of course weed which is a standard policy that you can smoke while on treatment, without it considering it as a drug and fucking up your carries and whatnot....They def test for narcotics, cocaine and benzodiazepams. I know this for a fact as well...BTW with the ones that i said they dont test for, i know b/c i went in either high as fuck on one of those drugs or had consumed it in the last 24 hours.

Here's where it gets tricky however, in the benzodiazepams section, if i were to take a valium they could tell it was valium, if i took lorazepam they could tell as well, clonazepam...xanax, same deal, the reason that i believe that they can tell is from each benzo's metabolites, b.c every benzo has a different metabolite that it breaks down into, and i would think that is what they actually test for.

Now could this same theory apply to opiates? Since there are many opiates and opioids there are just as many metabolites to tell the certain/specific drug you took. Also another reason for their abbility to test so good for benzos but so shitty for most other drugs, is b/c at the clinic they deal with benzo addicts too, and there are a very few number of people, that are there only for a benzo addiction..i guess they do benzo maintance as well?! No clue but the doctors can prescribe anything they want however. Also since opiates/benzos are brothers, could it be easier to test for benzos (specifically) then opiates (specifially) meaning by the actual opiate/benzo used.

Any replies are welcome. Please respond to my original question.

2. Collapse Details

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by urine test and not a drug test.
    Either way for a panel test or a lab test methadone with show up as methadone, not under opiates. The standard opiate test you see on the panel tests test for morphine, this will show postive for morphine, heroin, codeine, and maybe oxycodone.

However it sounds like you're getting lab tests since they can tell specifically what you took. In labs they run the urine through gc/ms and get peaks for whatever metabolites are in the urine. This way they can see how much is in the urine and what specific drug.

3. Collapse Details

Yeah they could, EXCEPT there are many people at the clinic, and its standard policy you piss twice a week. I piss once a week b.c after a while of pissing 'clean' you get this privelege lol. I've been clean for over 9 months now..id say 1 full year..ALMOST...short 1-2 months or so. Immagine all these bottles of piss in a very shitty clinic....and like i said they fail to find MDA, MDMA, dexamphetamine and Shrooms. They also recently started asking me about alcohol usage....every time i piss they ask me how much alcohol i've had in the past 24hrs..meanwhile its standard policy that weed can be smoked with no problems from the clinic in any aspects of your treatement or maintance.

I accidently posted the same question again and someone else said that it would show up as opioid/opiate. Not methadone.

4. Collapse Details

Actually uumpaloompa said this "no it doesn't show, its synthetic. its has to be specially tested for."

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    It depends on who's testing and what they're testing for. If your'e concerned about a pre employment drug screen, I wouldn't worry. Now a Methadone clinic will test for Methadone to make sure your'e actually taking your medecine. Especially if you have "take home" doses given to you.

6. Collapse Details

Its true, Methadone will not show up as a positive opiate result. They must test for it seperately. I know from personal experience.