• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Do Not Snort Suboxone No Matter What

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inrvizion

Bluelighter
SEE ABOVE, SNORTING SUBOXONE IS STUPID AND IT WILL LEAD TO DISPLEASURE AND THE OPPOSITE EFFECT THAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR. Bupe is not exactly the same as suboxone, they are similair but different formulations, you may be able to snort bupe and get off, but there is no way to snort suboxone and have it give you the desired effect. 'nuff said.:X

I snorted my sube all the time, and I loved the orangey taste, and it got me "high" (as high as suboxone will let me).

The naloxone affects some people strangely, it gives me headaches.
I don't find bupe that fun, but it's great for wd.

I could have sworn I've seen several posts that had people saying they were snorting sub without a problem.

ya i snorted sub all the time for a while. I didnt stop because it wasnt working or it was causeing any problems, it actually works better than sublingual. Its just so gross to snort those big orange things and the orange drip lasts forever and makes me gag now.

no it does not work better than sublingual, the bioavailability is quite high for sublingual administration and once again suboxone is not bupe, don't compare your experiences with the 2 because it is similair yet different, while some can snort suboxone, it is still idiotic as sooo many people have had horrid experiences with it, and once again the preffered, best, and only good, method of administration for subs is sublingual, maybe that's why they call it SUBoxone, go figure, they make a drug to get you off of one that you are putting up your nose (usually), they are not going to design it so that you can easily put this kick med up your nose, they are going to design it to be most effective when taken as prescribed, which is the whole reason you are so addicted to oxy in the first place and need suboxone (you didn't take it as prescribed, or you took it without a prescription at all) Not trying to say it's impossible to snort sub and have it work, just that it's really stupid and not worth it.... Peace.

ive actually shot suboxone and its not all that bad... its interesting... read blahblahblah's writeup in Trip Reports if your interested

Bupe is meant to be taken as directed, that is not to say that it cant be done. Personally i dont understand why anyone would snort their bupe, as far as im concerned bupe has no recreational values whatsoever. If your taking bupe to aid WD's then you should def not be snorting this stuff, take it sublingualy..the only other method of administration that i've heard positive things about was plugging. Im sick and tired of reading these threads about how awfull it is to snort bupe, i wouldnt snort any pills period.

buprenorphine can cause PROFOUND euphoric effects when take by some people.

the first time I IVD pure buprenorphine while in opiate withdrawl I even felt a type of rush, and it wasnt JUST the rush of relief, several hours later 2 more .250 microgram ampules were Ivd and a similiar tinny rush was observed.....

people differ so much in reaction to drugs that it is stupid to get upset about people reporting different ways of administering them, for a drug forum people sure do get UPTIGHT around here sometimes............

^ well the reason people differ in their reaction to the level of recreation bupe has depends on their tolerance. you give an opiate addict bupe and he will feel mildly content. on the other hand, I have seen someone with no opiate tolerance take 8 mgs and get so high they were puking their brains out.

like someone said above - it is more efficient to take the bupe as directed and not VIA snorting.

TO THE OP: what i wanna know is how Suboxone is NOT Bupe? If you mean its not Bupe because it has Naloxone, then thats retarded because there is still bupe in it. Actually, any answer you have to that question is retarded because suboxone is bupe, no matter where or what.

The naloxone is in it for people trying to shoot it. Snorting bupe is fine, but if you're looking to get off of blowing opiates you shouldn't do it that way for too long unless you need a quick dose.

From my limited knowledge on the subject I believe that the Naloxone blocks the action of the bupe in the brain by "Filling the space it would have used to get you high." I wish i could go into more detail but hopefully this will point the thread in the right direction. I'll try and find time to look through my notes for more info if it isn't provided in a timely fashion.
Peace

Suboxone is not bupe. Bupe is one of the two active drugs in suboxone. Naloxone, the opiate/oid antagonist being the other. Subutex is a bupenorphine only drug.

Suboxone is not bupe. Bupe is one of the two active drugs in suboxone. Naloxone, the opiate/oid antagonist being the other. Subutex is a bupenorphine only drug.

pkt said:
Im sick and tired of reading these threads about how awfull it is to snort bupe, i wouldnt snort any pills period.
then don't fucking click on the links to these threads. 8)

From my limited knowledge on the subject I believe that the Naloxone blocks the action of the bupe in the brain by "Filling the space it would have used to get you high."
it is such a common misconception around here about naloxone.. and buprenorphine taken with nalxone.. first off.. naloxone does NOT "fill any space it would have used to get you high" if taken correctly.. because buprenorphine when taken correctly or even incorrectly in some cases from my knowledge.. naloxone is not active!.. which means.. it is not active when taken orally.. sublingually.. or insulfated.. but it IS active when IV'd..
but even if it is active and someone maintained on buprenrorphine was to inject Suboxone (buprenorphine + naloxone).. the withdrawl effects from the naloxone would be semi minimal because of the effects of buprenorphine.. some people say that when IVing suboxone.. they might.. or in some cases might not at all feel sick from the naloxone element.. but if someone is on another full opiate agonist and tries to inject suboxone... they will most likely be thrown into withdrawl from the naloxone.. and they very well could be thrown into precipitated withdrawl from the buprenorphine alone..

many people snort buprenorphine and enjoy it.. if taking the correct dosage for a opiate naive person.. they very well can and do get an enjoyable buzz..

Last edited:
SmokeTrails said:
ive actually shot suboxone and its not all that bad... its interesting... read blahblahblah's writeup in Trip Reports if your interested

yeah I have experienced IV suboxone and it can be done to avoid the nalaxone. you just have to IV in very very small doses - because (this is the guess here) the nalaxone is not active through IV until higher doses.

but all in all IV suboxone is not worth it.

hmm, i'm not really sure of the point of this thread.
different strokes for different folks: i too have snorted suboxone many a time. at one point i was snorting it three times a week and it got me high every time. the only reason i stopped doing it was that my tolerance was too high which led to too much powder to ever get up my nose.
i really don't understand the blanket statement "don't snort suboxone no matter what" because i've had so many good experiences with it as have my friends. i agree it works if taken sublingually (obviously), but that doesn't mean it won't work/can't be enjoyed if snorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.