• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Do Not Snort Suboxone No Matter What

Status
Not open for further replies.
piratesdaughter said:
you are all idiots! subs do f you up if you snort them. much more so and two to sometimes three times as much as an oc(depending on how much you snorted). coming off of them(sublingually prescribed AND taken as prescribed,"off-label" or as a substitute), is not fun. Have never come off heroin. Have spent some time coming off methadone. I hear, a lot of times, methadone withdrawal is a lot worse than heroin withdrawal...has definately been pretty rough. Still, it's enough to make me know i won't try heroin...or do suboxone(snorted) again. Too f'in out of control.
Suboxone has NEVER felt like oc to me no matter how much I take. It is not a full on agonist so it cannot feel like a full on agonist(OC). I always snort my sub and it does not f me up. Are you snorting a whole 8 or something>? because my dose(2mgs) has never felt as strong as you describe.

Inrvizion said:
The only reason I started this thread is to educate those recovering from opiate addiction and those that if they are alive in a few years will. I'm not saying snorting subs doesn't get you high, it's just fucking retarted. oh yeah that is a wonderful choice of words for your first post. LMFAO.

Peace,
Inrvizion
If you are addicted or dependant on opiates or opioids the buprenorphine is not going to get you high not matter how you take it. Snorting simply allows you to get more out of your dose with a faster onset.

Inrvizion said:
The only reason I started this thread is to educate those recovering from opiate addiction and those that if they are alive in a few years will. I'm not saying snorting subs doesn't get you high, it's just fucking retarted. oh yeah that is a wonderful choice of words for your first post. LMFAO.

Peace,
Inrvizion

Ive snorted suboxone everyday for the last year. It works fine.

So, I still dont understand. What is so bad about it? It works 10 times better than sublingual.

sixpartseven said:
Ive snorted suboxone everyday for the last year. It works fine.

So, I still dont understand. What is so bad about it? It works 10 times better than sublingual.
Thats how I always take my sub. I agree completely.

To whoever started this post, you are incredibly misinformed and seem like some creepy MD who crawls around forums trying to scare addicts. Naloxone (in Suboxone) has been proven to have no clinical effect on users of suboxone or even opiate-naive patients. This is because the binding affinity of buprenorphine is so much higher than that of naloxone that it cannot knock the bupe of the opiate receptors.
I talked to my doctor about this, and he laughed and said he just tells his patients that if they grind it up or try to shoot it they will withdraw, but he admits it is only to prevent abuse of the drug and says it has been shown clinically that naloxone doesn't have effects, even injected intravenously when used in the form of Suboxone.

^^^^ - I started this post, and I not misinformed nor am I a creepy md crawling around forums trying to scare addicts, in fact I am an addict myself. What I am getting at with this thread is that the best Method Of Administration for orange Suboxone 8/2 is Sublingual... I take 1 1/2 tablets of 8/2 every morning for a total of 12 mg and it holds me all day. Suboxone is a stupid drug to take if you want to get high anyway, considering that it has a roof and will not give you nearly as much euphoria as Heroin or Oxycontin. Suboxone is an opiate maintenance therapy drug, to keep heroin and oxy addicts off of heroin and / or oxy. I just don't want ungrateful lil' bastards snorting it, smoking it, or selling their scripts because I want this drug to be available to me for a long time to come, I need to use Suboxone as prescribed by my Dr. for 1-3 years before I can even think about weaning off. So as far as calling me a misinformed creepy MD who crawls around forums trying to scare addicts, here is my response -

- Your mother wears panties to keep her ankles warm you cum guzzling Chi-Mo Mothafucka -

Love,
Inrvizion

Inrvizion said:
^^^^ - I started this post, and I not misinformed nor am I a creepy md crawling around forums trying to scare addicts, in fact I am an addict myself. What I am getting at with this thread is that the best Method Of Administration for orange Suboxone 8/2 is Sublingual... I take 1 1/2 tablets of 8/2 every morning for a total of 12 mg and it holds me all day. Suboxone is a stupid drug to take if you want to get high anyway, considering that it has a roof and will not give you nearly as much euphoria as Heroin or Oxycontin. Suboxone is an opiate maintenance therapy drug, to keep heroin and oxy addicts off of heroin and / or oxy. I just don't want ungrateful lil' bastards snorting it, smoking it, or selling their scripts because I want this drug to be available to me for a long time to come, I need to use Suboxone as prescribed by my Dr. for 1-3 years before I can even think about weaning off. So as far as calling me a misinformed creepy MD who crawls around forums trying to scare addicts, here is my response -

- Your mother wears panties to keep her ankles warm you cum guzzling Chi-Mo Mothafucka -

Love,
Inrvizion

I have snorted subs for the past year. It is more effective for me that way. I can take less and I get less side effects this way.

Why do you NEED to stay on it for 1-3 years? And how does my snorting it affect you beinng prescribed it in any way? My doctor doesn't know I snort. Your doctor doesn't know I snort. The govt. doesn't know I snort.

If I want to snort/ smoke/ or sell my orange pills I will do so. Smoking them is truly idiotic though.

Thanks for "educating" us kind sir.:p 8)

Inrvizion said:

Love,
Inrvizion

You told me in a private message YOU INTENDED TO MISLEAD THE AUTHORITIES, bro. Well, you misled me instead. I am also an addict who takes 8 mg Suboxone per day, and I do snort it, and it has a higher availability that way (and I hate the taste). So, by doing this, YOU DID seem like an MD trying to get kids from snorting subs, AND YOU ARE MISINFORMED.

Don't personally attack me cuz u didn't get your meds this morning, calm the fuck down. I've been on Subx (32 mg at first) for a year and a half and was banging black tar for 2 years before that.

In addition, I am a Pharmacology Major at UCSB and preapring for Pharmacy School, so don't try to argue the details. YOU CAN USE SUBOXONE INTRANASALLY, AND ITS BIOAVAILABILITY IS HIGHER. I don't give 2 shits about what you think if this is the way you treat people.

Fuck off, asshole, and don't personally attack me again. I am not afraid of your ignorance.

^^It has 'a roof'... guttering also, I imagine? Yes, you are misinformed... This is a harm reduction site, not a personal 'the big I am'site.
1-3 years to get off? Either your weak or your doctor is seeing $s from a dummy.

Keep your love, sounds like you need all you can get.

^^^^^^^ Haribo Makes Some Of The Best Candies Ever!!!!!!!!!

Im Hungry Nao Tx

haribo1 said:
^^It has 'a roof'... guttering also, I imagine? Yes, you are misinformed... This is a harm reduction site, not a personal 'the big I am'site.
1-3 years to get off? Either your weak or your doctor is seeing $s from a dummy.

Keep your love, sounds like you need all you can get.

Exactly.

Tthis asshole sent me a private message insulting me and admitted he was lying to keep the authorities away. he also said he had a "golden status" here and people respect his opinions.

Well, to the original poster, suck a cock, and get back on your fucking medication, because you don't know shit.

It works for everyone. This guy is just a pompous asshole who sents me insulting messages because he takes it personally when I correct his misinformed opinion: he sent me a very insulting PM because he thought he knew more than me and that I was undermining his "golden status" here; he doesn't know shit. Just the fact that I am new to the community doesn't mean I don't have something to contribute. This dickhead shouldn't be in this forum.

^----- hahaha I have always wondered about snorting suboxone.. Can someone tell me the benefits in snorting it vs taking it orally?? I see some people on here saying it gets them high and them I see other people saying no? I dont know who to believe?!

I just tried it and it made me sneeze like 10 times in a row!!

EDIT: I don't see how anyone can let a full sub dissolve on their tounge. the first time I tried it I was like "YUMM, smells like lemon!" but you soon get tired of that nasty ass tate, bleh@

Inrvizion said:

Love,
Inrvizion

I snort 4mg and it holds me all day, so how is that not better?

I dont snort it to get high, I snort it because it tastes like shit and it works better with intranasal use.

And dont say my tolerance must have been low if 4mg is enough for me, because it wasnt low. I guarantee you dont even need 12mg. Suboxone works surprisingly well with low doses, even when used sublingually.

Why do you need it for 1 - 3 years? Thats kind of odd to already know exactly how long you will be on it.

Im sorry, but you are misinformed. It looks like youre just pissy about something and trying to take it out on us. Just because we snort our suboxone doesnt mean we are abusing our "privilege" of being prescribed suboxone. We're using it how we feel we need to to get the best results so we can stay clean, JUST LIKE YOU.

if you got a problem with how people use their suboxone...I dont know what to tell you, really. Bitching about it here isnt going to do anything though. Youre just going to have to deal with/accept it.

Oh noes, I always break this rule, but that's because the intranasal bio-availability of buprenorphine is supposed to be 50%, where sublingual BA is only around 33%. Both the membranes in your nose and the ones under your tongue are mucus membranes. They're somewhat similar..

sixpartseven said:
I snort 4mg and it holds me all day, so how is that not better?

I dont snort it to get high, I snort it because it tastes like shit and it works better with intranasal use.

And dont say my tolerance must have been low if 4mg is enough for me, because it wasnt low. I guarantee you dont even need 12mg. Suboxone works surprisingly well with low doses, even when used sublingually.

Why do you need it for 1 - 3 years? Thats kind of odd to already know exactly how long you will be on it.

Im sorry, but you are misinformed. It looks like youre just pissy about something and trying to take it out on us. Just because we snort our suboxone doesnt mean we are abusing our "privilege" of being prescribed suboxone. We're using it how we feel we need to to get the best results so we can stay clean, JUST LIKE YOU.

if you got a problem with how people use their suboxone...I dont know what to tell you, really. Bitching about it here isnt going to do anything though. Youre just going to have to deal with/accept it.

You are right, it's very weird that he says he must be on it from 1-3 years.. that's quite a difference.. My doctor told me people usually stay on it for around 8-11 months and he will tapper them off at the ned of that period, but if you tell him you are done, he doesnt argue, he always tells me it's up to me. These DR's make so much money off all their patients that it doesnt matter if he only loses a couple of people a year, there will be 5 more to fill that 1 persons spot. My doctor is probably the coolest DR i have ever had and he talks to me about how he used to do drugs and shit like that. And how his son likes to smoke weed and how his son took a prescription of vicoden from his bathroom cabinet. I guess if you are going to get addicted to opiats, it would be pretty cool to have your dad as your DR. But He doesn't accept insurance, only cash. I could tell him i take 2 of them a day and he would write me a script for 60, but without insurance, you're going to pay 6 dollars a piece because they do not come in generic form yet. ( i have heard they are going to though) My doctor calls it the "miracle drug" but it doesnt really help me with my cravings. It def helps you with your W/D's but somedays I feel like shit and somedays I dont. Whenever I have methadone ( low doses <40mg max in a 24hr period>) I don't worry about anything, and I dont try to abuse anything and I am very motivated and want to get alot of shit done and dont mind doing stuff like work,paper work,studying,laundry,etc. I also smoke bud too.

How much suboxone do you take a day?

I take 4 - 6mg a day, and I love the way it makes me feel. It kills all cravings, makes me really happy/in a good mood, and gives me a slight energy or motivation.

A lot of people get that same thing, and usually it comes with lower doses of 1 - 8mg. Anything higher than 8mg, the antagonistic effects show up more, so that may be your problem.

Also, you may not need as much as you think. Suboxone works very well for people with huge tolerances even at low doses. Try taking a smaller dose, but dont tell your doctor that youre doing that, if you want to keep getting a prescription for the same amount.

Also, try snorting a lower dose. It seriously works better than sublingualing a higher dose. At least it does for me and quite a few other people, as you can probably tell.

sixpartseven said:

I take 4 - 6mg a day, and I love the way it makes me feel. It kills all cravings, makes me really happy/in a good mood, and gives me a slight energy or motivation.

A lot of people get that same thing, and usually it comes with lower doses of 1 - 8mg. Anything higher than 8mg, the antagonistic effects show up more, so that may be your problem.

Also, you may not need as much as you think. Suboxone works very well for people with huge tolerances even at low doses. Try taking a smaller dose, but dont tell your doctor that youre doing that, if you want to keep getting a prescription for the same amount.

Also, try snorting a lower dose. It seriously works better than sublingualing a higher dose. At least it does for me and quite a few other people, as you can probably tell.

I only take 8mg a day, and thats in the morning when I get up. I seriously don't get any energy or anything out of it, it just keeps my W/Ds away. But like I said when I have methadone, nothing could be better ( and I dont "abuse" it) I use no more than 40mg a day. and not for the high, but just so I can be motivated and so I can keep my mind iff drugs. I would actually quit smoking weed if I was just on Methadone.. I dont even think about anything else, and I dont even think about methadone when im on it. Im just thinkin about what I can get done and I feel energized, but yet when im done with a full day,I can come home and rest good, and get up feeling good. Not so much with suboxen

sixpartseven said:

I did bump 4mg of the suboxen earlier and I do notice it takes less to get rid of my W/D's but i dont feel any different than if I were to swallow 8mg.. IF that makes any sense? I'm not looking to get on methadone because suboxen doesn't get me "high".. I seriously have a better quality of life when I can take that. And its not like a false sense of quality of life, it helps me clear my head, and helps me do things that i wouldnt have done had I been on suboxen.

Status
Not open for further replies.