Bluelight

Thread: Do Not Snort Suboxone No Matter What

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Do Not Snort Suboxone No Matter What 
    Bump
    SEE ABOVE, SNORTING SUBOXONE IS STUPID AND IT WILL LEAD TO DISPLEASURE AND THE OPPOSITE EFFECT THAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR. Bupe is not exactly the same as suboxone, they are similair but different formulations, you may be able to snort bupe and get off, but there is no way to snort suboxone and have it give you the desired effect. 'nuff said.

2. Collapse Details

Must be that pesky naloxone...

3. Collapse Details

Sex, Love & Relationships
    The Lounge
    I snorted my sube all the time, and I loved the orangey taste, and it got me "high" (as high as suboxone will let me).

4. Collapse Details

The naloxone affects some people strangely, it gives me headaches.
    I don't find bupe that fun, but it's great for wd.

5. Collapse Details

I could have sworn I've seen several posts that had people saying they were snorting sub without a problem.

6. Collapse Details

ya i snorted sub all the time for a while. I didnt stop because it wasnt working or it was causeing any problems, it actually works better than sublingual. Its just so gross to snort those big orange things and the orange drip lasts forever and makes me gag now.

7. Collapse Details

no it does not work better than sublingual, the bioavailability is quite high for sublingual administration and once again suboxone is not bupe, don't compare your experiences with the 2 because it is similair yet different, while some can snort suboxone, it is still idiotic as sooo many people have had horrid experiences with it, and once again the preffered, best, and only good, method of administration for subs is sublingual, maybe that's why they call it SUBoxone, go figure, they make a drug to get you off of one that you are putting up your nose (usually), they are not going to design it so that you can easily put this kick med up your nose, they are going to design it to be most effective when taken as prescribed, which is the whole reason you are so addicted to oxy in the first place and need suboxone (you didn't take it as prescribed, or you took it without a prescription at all) Not trying to say it's impossible to snort sub and have it work, just that it's really stupid and not worth it.... Peace.

8. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    ive actually shot suboxone and its not all that bad... its interesting... read blahblahblah's writeup in Trip Reports if your interested

9. Collapse Details

Bupe is meant to be taken as directed, that is not to say that it cant be done. Personally i dont understand why anyone would snort their bupe, as far as im concerned bupe has no recreational values whatsoever. If your taking bupe to aid WD's then you should def not be snorting this stuff, take it sublingualy..the only other method of administration that i've heard positive things about was plugging. Im sick and tired of reading these threads about how awfull it is to snort bupe, i wouldnt snort any pills period.

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    buprenorphine can cause PROFOUND euphoric effects when take by some people.

the first time I IVD pure buprenorphine while in opiate withdrawl I even felt a type of rush, and it wasnt JUST the rush of relief, several hours later 2 more .250 microgram ampules were Ivd and a similiar tinny rush was observed.....

people differ so much in reaction to drugs that it is stupid to get upset about people reporting different ways of administering them, for a drug forum people sure do get UPTIGHT around here sometimes............

11. Collapse Details

The Lounge
    ^ well the reason people differ in their reaction to the level of recreation bupe has depends on their tolerance. you give an opiate addict bupe and he will feel mildly content. on the other hand, I have seen someone with no opiate tolerance take 8 mgs and get so high they were puking their brains out.

like someone said above - it is more efficient to take the bupe as directed and not VIA snorting.

12. Collapse Details

TO THE OP: what i wanna know is how Suboxone is NOT Bupe? If you mean its not Bupe because it has Naloxone, then thats retarded because there is still bupe in it. Actually, any answer you have to that question is retarded because suboxone is bupe, no matter where or what.

13. Collapse Details

The naloxone is in it for people trying to shoot it. Snorting bupe is fine, but if you're looking to get off of blowing opiates you shouldn't do it that way for too long unless you need a quick dose.

14. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    From my limited knowledge on the subject I believe that the Naloxone blocks the action of the bupe in the brain by "Filling the space it would have used to get you high." I wish i could go into more detail but hopefully this will point the thread in the right direction. I'll try and find time to look through my notes for more info if it isn't provided in a timely fashion.
    Peace

15. Collapse Details

Suboxone is not bupe. Bupe is one of the two active drugs in suboxone. Naloxone, the opiate/oid antagonist being the other. Subutex is a bupenorphine only drug.

16. Collapse Details

Suboxone is not bupe. Bupe is one of the two active drugs in suboxone. Naloxone, the opiate/oid antagonist being the other. Subutex is a bupenorphine only drug.

Quote Originally Posted by pkt
    Im sick and tired of reading these threads about how awfull it is to snort bupe, i wouldnt snort any pills period.
    then don't fucking click on the links to these threads.

17. Collapse Details

Milwaukee (Currently) and it seems that I'm always back home in Chi..
    From my limited knowledge on the subject I believe that the Naloxone blocks the action of the bupe in the brain by "Filling the space it would have used to get you high."
    it is such a common misconception around here about naloxone.. and buprenorphine taken with nalxone.. first off.. naloxone does NOT "fill any space it would have used to get you high" if taken correctly.. because buprenorphine when taken correctly or even incorrectly in some cases from my knowledge.. naloxone is not active!.. which means.. it is not active when taken orally.. sublingually.. or insulfated.. but it IS active when IV'd..
    but even if it is active and someone maintained on buprenrorphine was to inject Suboxone (buprenorphine + naloxone).. the withdrawl effects from the naloxone would be semi minimal because of the effects of buprenorphine.. some people say that when IVing suboxone.. they might.. or in some cases might not at all feel sick from the naloxone element.. but if someone is on another full opiate agonist and tries to inject suboxone... they will most likely be thrown into withdrawl from the naloxone.. and they very well could be thrown into precipitated withdrawl from the buprenorphine alone..

many people snort buprenorphine and enjoy it.. if taking the correct dosage for a opiate naive person.. they very well can and do get an enjoyable buzz..
    Last edited by BumpyJohnson; 20-02-2006 at 23:17.

18. Collapse Details

The Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeTrails
    ive actually shot suboxone and its not all that bad... its interesting... read blahblahblah's writeup in Trip Reports if your interested
    yeah I have experienced IV suboxone and it can be done to avoid the nalaxone. you just have to IV in very very small doses - because (this is the guess here) the nalaxone is not active through IV until higher doses.

but all in all IV suboxone is not worth it.

19. Collapse Details

I hate suboxone

20. Collapse Details

hmm, i'm not really sure of the point of this thread.
    different strokes for different folks: i too have snorted suboxone many a time. at one point i was snorting it three times a week and it got me high every time. the only reason i stopped doing it was that my tolerance was too high which led to too much powder to ever get up my nose.
    i really don't understand the blanket statement "don't snort suboxone no matter what" because i've had so many good experiences with it as have my friends. i agree it works if taken sublingually (obviously), but that doesn't mean it won't work/can't be enjoyed if snorted.

21. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Theoretically you should be able to snort suboxone without worrying about the naloxone because its going into your body in the same manner. By dissolving the tablet as directed the drug is being absorbed through the thin membranes and capilaries underneath you tounge and then into the bloodstream. This method obviously does not release the naloxone. It works doesnt it.
    If you were to snort the suboxone, then drugs are being absorbed through the muceous membranes in your nose. Same Idea. There is alot less surface area for dissolving in a dry nose than a wet mouth. so in theory it is the same way of absorbtion, through a cellular membrane. I think it would actually take longer to feel the effects of snorting the suboxone because it has more powder to dissolve in less surface area. Also slowed by powder cloggin together if not ground up fine enough. Common sense wise......its not worth the work. Plus is tastes better than pink methadone. (Disgusting)

As far as the naloxone goes, it is only active if put directly into a muscle or directly into the bloodstream. So if that makes sense, as long as your not using a needle to inject the suboxone you can A shove it up your ass (very thin membranes down there could be exciting) j/k. B Snort the pill which could be nasty with all the clogging, or maybe not. And C simply let the fucker dissolve under your tounge as directed.
    If you read all the official readings from suboxone.com or credible sources they all state that the naloxone is added to prevent intreveinous misuse. I have yet to see any reliable sight include snorting exclusivly as a reason for the addition nalaxone.

It is getting in your system pretty quickly the prescribed way as it is. Its effects can be felt in 20 min, pretty close time wise to snorting a short acting opiate ie..oxy, roxi. As opposed to taking those same short acting opiates orally and waiting the hour +/- 15 min. It is getting in the bloodstream much quicker, almost as quick as intranasally.

My guess is that more people don't snort it because if not broken up fine enough, it gets clogged, and some might fall back out. Again, just seems like it's not worth it. With the citric acid used in the flavoring I bet that could sting a little bit too. Finally there is less or at least no more surface area in the nose to be dissolved than there is through nose. So unless you have a hoover for a nose and chop up your pills using your blender, then the fastest and easiest way to get the buprenorphrine in your system is take it how your supposed to. I have heard subutex, with less total substance could be done intranasally. Not quite sure if it still would be that much better. Being an addict it sucks not being able to snort it though. Drug use is not just about taking drugs but the process or ritual you do to prepare the drugs each time. Its a whole lifestyle you have to change. Thats why quitting drugs can be SO FUCKING HARD.

I would love for anyone to respond if I am completly wrong about something. I hate posting false information, but with a basic understanding of chemistry and biology it seems what I have written should make sense.
    Love to hear anyone's 2 cents. I am really to curious as to what other people might think about the reasons behind these too often asked about questions. I always trying to learn more.

One more thing. Buprenorphine has a higher affinity for the mu receptor than naloxone does anyways. So if you were to get high as shit on subutex, or suboxone, a narcan challange would be completly inneffective. I know this somehow has something to do with inactivity of the nalaxone also. If the nalaxone was to get to the receptor first the bupe would not work, but that is not the case with suboxone, so injecting straight into the blood stream would be the only way the naloxone could possible get thieir beforehand. I know this for a fact because when I was using Oxy my dad (being a doctor) had access to unlimited vials of Narcan. This is how he would test me to see if I was using any drugs. It really sucked nuts. Well until I got my hands on some suboxone and took 16mg one night. I was high as shit, hardly keep my eyes open, it felt beautiful. My dad saw how obviously much "fun" I was having and decided it was narcan time. OH MY GOD I THOUGHT, NOT AGAIN. I told him I had been smoking some pot and thats why my eyes were red in hopes that he would pass on naloxone. Nope, he wen't and grabbed the vial, prepped the spot and jammed it right into my left shoulder. I.M really hurts like a son of a bitch...................but not so badly that time, because I was under the influence of painkillers of course. But the anxiety of super withdrawal is almost unbearable. It usually took about 3 min to start getting this dizzy, and for the yawning to start. When Narcan comes on, it comes on quick. OH MY GOD. But after 6 min I still hadn't felt anything, 14 min still nothing, and 20 min.....holy fucking shit I've somehow outsmarted my dad. I soon after found out why the narc challange didn't work. I had destroyed the most powerful, evil, terrifying weapon to any opiate addicts enemy. In this case good old Dr. Dad. It was beautiful. So if you ever think your going to have to take a narcan challange, make sure you take the bupe before hand, or it will be useless. I also found verification for this on a couple of websites if you don't believe me. Fuck Off Narcan SUPERBOXONE is here.
    Last edited by IHateOpiophobes; 30-07-2006 at 12:11.

22. Collapse Details

I can't imagine wasting time trying to get a ghost-of-a-buzz snorting suboxone. Like most people who are scripted suboxone, I take it BECAUSE IT WAS THE ONLY WAY I COULD GET OFF OPIATES. I don't take suboxone to get a buzz.

If I wanted a buzz I'd go back to popping Norcos. Or I'd pick up my smack habit where I left it five years ago.

23. Collapse Details

i snorted the stuff just fine.

i did eventually get BAD headaches/migraines(and i NEVER got migraines in my life before this) from the suboxone and got off the stuff.
    moved to methadone; nuff said.

24. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew morninggloryseed's Avatar
    Your father is breaking the law, injecting you with narcan. I don't believe you...the story is just too crazy...If my father tried to do that to me, the police would be involved. I'd seriously recommend telling your father that the next time he tries to pull that, he will lose his medical license.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateOpiophobes
    Theoretically you should be able to snort suboxone without worrying about the naloxone because its going into your body in the same manner. By dissolving the tablet as directed the drug is being absorbed through the thin membranes and capilaries underneath you tounge and then into the bloodstream. This method obviously does not release the naloxone. It works doesnt it.
    If you were to snort the suboxone, then drugs are being absorbed through the muceous membranes in your nose. Same Idea. There is alot less surface area for dissolving in a dry nose than a wet mouth. so in theory it is the same way of absorbtion, through a cellular membrane. I think it would actually take longer to feel the effects of snorting the suboxone because it has more powder to dissolve in less surface area. Also slowed by powder cloggin together if not ground up fine enough. Common sense wise......its not worth the work. Plus is tastes better than pink methadone. (Disgusting)

As far as the naloxone goes, it is only active if put directly into a muscle or directly into the bloodstream. So if that makes sense, as long as your not using a needle to inject the suboxone you can A shove it up your ass (very thin membranes down there could be exciting) j/k. B Snort the pill which could be nasty with all the clogging, or maybe not. And C simply let the fucker dissolve under your tounge as directed.
    If you read all the official readings from suboxone.com or credible sources they all state that the naloxone is added to prevent intreveinous misuse. I have yet to see any reliable sight include snorting exclusivly as a reason for the addition nalaxone.

It is getting in your system pretty quickly the prescribed way as it is. Its effects can be felt in 20 min, pretty close time wise to snorting a short acting opiate ie..oxy, roxi. As opposed to taking those same short acting opiates orally and waiting the hour +/- 15 min. It is getting in the bloodstream much quicker, almost as quick as intranasally.

My guess is that more people don't snort it because if not broken up fine enough, it gets clogged, and some might fall back out. Again, just seems like it's not worth it. With the citric acid used in the flavoring I bet that could sting a little bit too. Finally there is less or at least no more surface area in the nose to be dissolved than there is through nose. So unless you have a hoover for a nose and chop up your pills using your blender, then the fastest and easiest way to get the buprenorphrine in your system is take it how your supposed to. I have heard subutex, with less total substance could be done intranasally. Not quite sure if it still would be that much better. Being an addict it sucks not being able to snort it though. Drug use is not just about taking drugs but the process or ritual you do to prepare the drugs each time. Its a whole lifestyle you have to change. Thats why quitting drugs can be SO FUCKING HARD.

I would love for anyone to respond if I am completly wrong about something. I hate posting false information, but with a basic understanding of chemistry and biology it seems what I have written should make sense.
    Love to hear anyone's 2 cents. I am really to curious as to what other people might think about the reasons behind these too often asked about questions. I always trying to learn more.

One more thing. Buprenorphine has a higher affinity for the mu receptor than naloxone does anyways. So if you were to get high as shit on subutex, or suboxone, a narcan challange would be completly inneffective. I know this somehow has something to do with inactivity of the nalaxone also. If the nalaxone was to get to the receptor first the bupe would not work, but that is not the case with suboxone, so injecting straight into the blood stream would be the only way the naloxone could possible get thieir beforehand. I know this for a fact because when I was using Oxy my dad (being a doctor) had access to unlimited vials of Narcan. This is how he would test me to see if I was using any drugs. It really sucked nuts. Well until I got my hands on some suboxone and took 16mg one night. I was high as shit, hardly keep my eyes open, it felt beautiful. My dad saw how obviously much "fun" I was having and decided it was narcan time. OH MY GOD I THOUGHT, NOT AGAIN. I told him I had been smoking some pot and thats why my eyes were red in hopes that he would pass on naloxone. Nope, he wen't and grabbed the vial, prepped the spot and jammed it right into my left shoulder. I.M really hurts like a son of a bitch...................but not so badly that time, because I was under the influence of painkillers of course. But the anxiety of super withdrawal is almost unbearable. It usually took about 3 min to start getting this dizzy, and for the yawning to start. When Narcan comes on, it comes on quick. OH MY GOD. But after 6 min I still hadn't felt anything, 14 min still nothing, and 20 min.....holy fucking shit I've somehow outsmarted my dad. I soon after found out why the narc challange didn't work. I had destroyed the most powerful, evil, terrifying weapon to any opiate addicts enemy. In this case good old Dr. Dad. It was beautiful. So if you ever think your going to have to take a narcan challange, make sure you take the bupe before hand, or it will be useless. I also found verification for this on a couple of websites if you don't believe me. Fuck Off Narcan SUPERBOXONE is here.

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Inrvizion
    SEE ABOVE, SNORTING SUBOXONE IS STUPID AND IT WILL LEAD TO DISPLEASURE AND THE OPPOSITE EFFECT THAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR. Bupe is not exactly the same as suboxone, they are similair but different formulations, you may be able to snort bupe and get off, but there is no way to snort suboxone and have it give you the desired effect. 'nuff said.
    What a dumbfuck thing to say. His statement is NOT true. Please close this post.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast