• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Black MDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading it, that doesn't sound like an impurity from its synthesis (they all tend to smell like dandilion&burdock/sasparilla soft drinks, not fertilizer), but something added after the synthesis. As to what was added, your guess is as good as mine

Well, all that can be said is that if it was MDMA, it was MDMA that was mixed/crystallized from a very impure mixture (intentionally or unintentionally).

Would there be a particular part of a synthesis that would produce the black colouring?

Or more likely impure starting products?

Any chemists want to share information that i'll probably not understand? lol

Not that I'm aware of - reddish-brown yes, but not black (and smelling like fertilizer, don't forget!)

Got to agree with F&B; this has likely been cut with something else. I've never heard of MDMA coming out of a synth of any sort, no matter how sloppy, with a black coloration (or anything close to it.)

It's possible that this odd form was part of a smuggling method (perhaps it was once part of big solid blocks that were later crushed up?)

my theory would be that it was done to either A) To mask what it really was or B) to sell as "black x" I imagine in Daytona you could charge upwards of $30 or more for something like that.

Being in Florida, I have seen alot of weird things lately, such as gelatin MDA monkeys.

Gelatin MDA monkeys? That sounds kind of interesting...in a weird way...Tell me more...

Being in Florida, I have seen alot of weird things lately, such as gelatin MDA monkeys.

Does that sound like the beginning of a dark & twisted tale about sex & drugs to anybody?

Or somebody who's just had too much acid!?

DiamondDealer said:

Are you sure this is MDA?

I remmeber reading a while ago in the psychedelic forum about RC's going around in gelatin candy.

phase_dancer said:
Black cocaine is has been reported where charcoal and/ or iron dust have been added to mask the smell. Could it be that this also works for MDMA?

http://www.emergency.com/clmbdeal.htm

I can't quite remember, but I think the big article National Geographic did ten or fifteen years ago about cocaine production mentioned this too. Anyone remeber that article?

I've seen crystal mdma that looked black - a kind of liquorice, or like a black fruit pastille (if you know what I mean!).

This was only really clear when it was in a large rock - the crushed powder was the usual off-white/pale brown colour that impure MDMA has.

On a related note, that pillreports link features someone boasting about 85% pure MDMA. Does anyone know figures for the average purity of street MDMA? I've always assumed it to be fairly high (80-90% ).

I came across some black MDMA crystal last year. I was quite surprised to see it in that colour. I joked and said it looked like rat droppings or iron filings at the time.

In the end it turned out to be of a very good quality.

Im as sure as you can be withou testing that the monkeys were MDA. In the next couple of days I'll write up a trip report. I would have done it sooner, but alas I am lazy. I'll try and get some pictures up also.

specialspack said:
I've seen crystal mdma that looked black - a kind of liquorice, or like a black fruit pastille (if you know what I mean!).

This was only really clear when it was in a large rock - the crushed powder was the usual off-white/pale brown colour that impure MDMA has.

On a related note, that pillreports link features someone boasting about 85% pure MDMA. Does anyone know figures for the average purity of street MDMA? I've always assumed it to be fairly high (80-90% ).

I'd gotten some molly and other people who'd gotten the same stuff were rolling pretty hard off of about 70-80mg oral for a few hours, so I imagine that the stuff I had that time was nothing short of 90%... In east coast America it's mostly always found in capsule form rather than outright powder, though (and you will always get ripped off). All reagent field testing immediately pointed to MDMA.

Some of my friends on the west coast have gotten molly cut to all hell with meth and non-actives, though.. In Toronto the people I know seem to get fairly high quality powder, and much cheaper than it is here or on the west coast.

nuke said:
I'd gotten some molly and other people who'd gotten the same stuff were rolling pretty hard off of about 70-80mg oral for a few hours, so I imagine that the stuff I had that time was nothing short of 90%... In east coast America it's mostly always found in capsule form rather than outright powder, though (and you will always get ripped off). All reagent field testing immediately pointed to MDMA.

Some of my friends on the west coast have gotten molly cut to all hell with meth and non-actives, though.. In Toronto the people I know seem to get fairly high quality powder, and much cheaper than it is here or on the west coast.

I've felt pretty hammered after 50mg of MDMA crystal too, before, which is what suggests to me it's pretty pure. But it's difficult to know, because I've never taken a tested pill or MDMA of known purity - maybe 70mg of 99% pure MDMA would have the same effects as 100mg + of street MDMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.