Who likes Happy Hardcore?

Ever since I heard Dj Samination's mixes (specifically Star Elements & Bright and Chemical) I've loved the music.

However I do find the majority of happy hardcore songs VERY annoying and VERY shitty. There are very very few happy hardcore songs that I like. I guess you could say I like the idea of the music but I am very picky when it comes to the actual songs.

I hate it when the same phrase/word is repeated over and over and over like "lets do this! lets lets lets do this! lets do this! lets lets lets do this! lets do this! lets lets lets do this! lets do this!" see? its annoying.

If the right tune and vocals are put together I LOVE it. I absolutely love the uplifting and euphoric feeling of the melodies and beats :) its total ecstasy.

i find it tends to be even dumber and more annoying than trance. actually, people who like one usually like the other. it's music that is the equivalent of really sweet candy full of evil chemicals. if you're full of E that sort of thing is probably quite appealing.

have a passionate hatred for it. i love dnb, psytrance, electro, dubstep n trance but i canne take happy hardcore seriously

lol, yeh even the name is just ridiculous. i feel sorry for people who like it actually. poor little e-tards.

a lot of these genres are so hit and miss tho. all those genres you mentioned mandiman, can be either great or terrible, depending.

I think hardstyle is possibly a little worse than hhc..eh but I don't hear those types of music on the regular so I can't complain. I do know a few people into hhc and/or hardstyle so I have to endure the torture every once and a while. I certainly would not go out to where it's being played though.

ControlDenied said:
i find it tends to be even dumber and more annoying than trance. actually, people who like one usually like the other. it's music that is the equivalent of really sweet candy full of evil chemicals. if you're full of E that sort of thing is probably quite appealing.

I hate that shit when rolling or not. Maybe because it was always playing at the arcade in the mall where I live ever since I remember going there.

There is MUCH better electronic music to listen to on ecstasy.

pff. well my shitdisturbing skills are hardly needed here. happy hardcore is already unliked!

where's the enemy?!? WHERE?!?

personally, i hate it;

it sounds childish and mind-numbingly boring, idiotic lyrics; makes me want to throw up;

mmmm my sentiments exactly...I will never usually make a blanket statement quite like this one(wait for it) about any other music genre except country & western...but not even that.

--------> I HATE HAPPY HARDCORE!!! <-----------

John Mortons I simply couldn't have put it any better

I can listen to almost anything and a lot of the old skool hardcore is quality brings back a lot of memories from years gone by. Amazing friendly, smiley atmosphere with this type of music. As with most things in life each to their own does annoy me when people slag other types of music off

I like freeform hardcore but I don't like the more trance-hardcore/cheesy hardcore.

Hardcore from the early 90s is pretty fucking bad ass too.

I don't like gabber.

im a junglist drum and bass head

hardcore is the fucking daddy tho
170-180 bpm music is rave music

thats hardcore and drum and bass
the only true rave music about

I occasionally enjoy HHC

I cant find a lot of Happy Hardcore mix's (good mix's at that) these days though
anyone have any recommendations?

Last edited:
I love hardcore with a passion and have done for around 6 years - new and old skool also like gabba. Ive been to many raves and never seem to get bored of them each one is different and you meet so many different and random people.

Each to there own tho!!

I want to bump this thread because I enjoy some hardcore tunes as well as freeform, or whatever has *that feeling* — the actual listed genera doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned

I cant find a lot of Happy Hardcore mix's (good mix's at that) these days
anyone have any recommendations?

Seconding request; Hardcore Masif released Xclusive in 2008 (I think), and Bonkers #18 and Hardcore Addiction2 both dropped last May, but aside from those I haven't heard of any other real releases lately. And it kills me because in my opinion, the right sounds have been coming from more sophisticated and engaging sources in this half of the 2000's ... Now anyone who feels it knows the original stuff is perfect and can't be improved on, but the new stuff takes it in a new direction imo!

<watching that in HQ doubles the audio bitrate, V important>

we are the children of the niiiggghtttt!!
crsh nnn tsss nnn tsss nnn tsss nnn tsss nnn tsss wooo crsh nnn tsss nnn tsss nnn tsss nnn tsss nnn tsss nnn wooo

anything with some bouncy donk bass is good too.

Last edited: