Who likes Happy Hardcore?

yossarian_is_sane! said:
^ Not a fan of the really heavy kick drum I take it. I pretty much get into anything dark, hard & fast so all of the above genre's are my favourites after 3am =D

:( It's just not for me

But hey, more for you%):)

DnB baby, not that theres not some great free form commin out of Scandinavia, 4-4 beats at < 160 bmp... too much.

Happy Hardcore

Is anyone else a fan of happy hardcore? I love this type of rave music, I love how its so fast, and the wonderful vocals in the background. I love how this music makes me soooo happy. The music itself sounds like its magic, especially if your at a rave. Anyone else have an appreciation for happy hardcore music?

-PLUR

I liked it when I was young, we had a huge gabber/hardcore scene in the Netherlands in the 90s and I used to buy happy hardcore singles. I later progressed to the Thunderdome albums but listening to happy hardcore music brings back some good old memories for me. :)

Paul Elstak / Darren Styles / Scott Brown =D

I love it, I liek the funny electronic voices, they sound like anime characters.

I means whats not to like about it? this shit is fucking awesome!

It seems like happy hardcore is what a lot of people are into when they get into the whole thing. Maybe not always true. I got in it via trance.

LordKrishna said:
I love it, I liek the funny electronic voices, they sound like anime characters.

I means whats not to like about it? this shit is fucking awesome!

All they are is pitched up samples. Not electronic. I fucking loathe that aspect of HHC. However, some of the pounding beats and melodies are good.

I really cannot remember starting or contributing to this thread....hmm.

I means whats not to like about it

Essenitally its low brow cheesy music that appeals to simple minds. There is nothing complex or difficult about happy hardcore; the basic melody pattern is worth killing yourself over; the producers cannot mix their music for shit; the saccharine vocals may also engage your killing mode....besides that, its great music...Once a year. ;)

Eh, didn't you only hear of it a few days ago anyway? :|

Black metal FTW! Fuck happiness, that shits for losers.

swilow said:
All they are is pitched up samples. Not electronic. I fucking loathe that aspect of HHC. However, some of the pounding beats and melodies are good.

I really cannot remember starting or contributing to this thread....hmm.

Essenitally its low brow cheesy music that appeals to simple minds. There is nothing complex or difficult about happy hardcore; the basic melody pattern is worth killing yourself over; the producers cannot mix their music for shit; the saccharine vocals may also engage your killing mode....besides that, its great music...Once a year. ;)

Eh, didn't you only hear of it a few days ago anyway? :|

Black metal FTW! Fuck happiness, that shits for losers.

nah Iv heard it before, never knew what it was honestly I dont shit about what genre's all these things fit in.

but from hearing similar happy hardcore in the past yeah I like it. and I admit I'm one simple minded guy. I dont like to think if I dont have too.

feels good man, feels real good.

Not a fan, there is one happycore song I like alot though.

DJ Sammy- Castles in the sky

LordKrishna said:
. and I admit I'm one simple minded guy. I dont like to think if I dont have too.

Ah, now I get it. Coolies %)

i love happy hardcore but only when im rollin ballz or kandiflipping. normally i listen to more electro house

patte4dm said:
It makes me feel like I'm a five year old kid.

This is exactly why I like it. It's kind of carefree to me in the same way that hospital records DnB is (weird comparison I know!). Happy just makes me bounce around like a kid. It almost takes the piss out of itself in a way.

I love it. 92-98 era was wicked. I'm not too into the new stuff though. It was just good fun music. Yes it was stupidly cheesy but at least it put a smile on your face. And the energy in the tracks is great. Even people that really shouldn't like it can't help but give a little dance. And on MDMA it gets taken to a whole new level.

I like music that evokes emotion, be it anything from happyness to anger. And happy hardcore definitely fills the happy part perfectly. It's boy bands etc... that I can't stand.

Although, I can see why a lot of people can't stand happy hardcore. it is very VERY cheesy in parts but not all. Sharkey '96/'97 era was happy but still quite hard and had serious energy. I love distorted kicks and pianos :D

It's so damn happy, it's like injecting candy and rainbows into your brain...I love it. I can't keep myself from grinning like an idiot whenever I hear it =D

I acknowledge how stupid and cheesy it is, I don't care, it's what makes it great