• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

⫸STICKY⫷ How to test your test kit - Marquis, Mandelin, Mecke, Simons & Robadope

Ekstasis-//7

Bluelighter
Here is a few reactions I've seen with my (EZ-Complete) test kit using stuff found around the house. This may help you test if your reagents are still ok and not too old.

Marquis: Sugar: Bright yellow then eventually turns dark brown
Aspirin - (unfortunately all the aspirin pills I had around the house also contained sodium bicarb and this made them show no colour change) if you do have aspirin containing no sodium bicarb then it is supposed to show a visible red reaction

Mandelin: 5-HTP: Quickly to yellow
Salt: Fizzes with no colour change

Mecke: Sugar: Brilliant yellow (maybe slightly greenish) then orange brown

Simons: 5-HTP: Reacts quickly to a dark greyish blue/purple

Robadope: 5-HTP: Very slow reaction. Initially looks light orange/tan. 5mins looks a slight greenish dark tan. 10mins darker & greener

ADMIN EDIT 01/04/2024 - ADDITIONAL INFO FROM @cyrilio:
You can test your test kit with these substances.

aaMYuEM.png

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ReagentTesting/wiki/testkittest

Last edited by a moderator:
What you now need to do is to pre-maturely age the reagents - above ambient temperature and light will help - and repeat the exercise.

Marquis, Simons and Robadope are affected by heat and former two by light (I haven't checked whether Robadope is light sensitive, but it possibly is)

When these reagents age, they normally change color. Formaldehyde in marquis polymerises and the reagent turns a dark beer to dark brown color, Simons forms a precipitate, and both the amine reagents turn a dark color.

Mandelin may form a precipitate, but can still be used effectively. I haven't aged Mecke, but it should be rather stable at temps under ~50 deg C.

However, never heat any reagents to above 50 deg C anyway. Most will release noxious vapors. Simons may form small amounts of cyanide gas and Mecke, the very toxic Selenium dioxide. Even a tiny whiff of this gas will have ghastly effects.

My Simons and Robadope reagents are of a brown color, Robadope is of a darker brown than the simons.
Are these reagents without any color when fresh?

BTW:
I tested three different pills with Marquis and the reagents mentioned above. These are the results:

Marquis: dark purple
Simons: dark blue
Robadope: no change

This should indicate MDMA or MDEA pills, right?

I tried two of the three different pills and they were without effect.
My conclusion is: these pills contain non active substances with a small amount of MDMA just to fool the test

Any other idea?

Thanx

This should indicate MDMA or MDEA pills, right?

Yes. The amine test results indicate there was secondary amine present, and Marquis indicates a MDMA like substance.

even though it's very old, bumping this useful post as I've seen quite a few people asking questions regarding testing their testing kit (redundant I know)

Here is a few reactions I've seen with my (EZ-Complete) test kit using stuff found around the house. This may help you test if your reagents are still ok and not too old.

Marquis: Sugar – Bright yellow then eventually turns dark brown
Aspirin - (unfortunately all the aspirin pills I had around the house also contained sodium bicarb and this made them show no colour change) if you do have aspirin containing no sodium bicarb then it is supposed to show a visible red reaction

Mandelin: 5-HTP – Quickly to yellow
Salt – Fizzes with no colour change

Mecke: Sugar – Brilliant yellow (maybe slightly greenish) then orange brown

Simons: 5-HTP – Reacts quickly to a dark greyish blue/purple

Robadope: 5-HTP – Very slow reaction. Initially looks light orange/tan. 5mins looks a slight greenish dark tan. 10mins darker & greener

excellent work mate ;)

steve

Marquis: Sugar – Bright yellow then eventually turns dark brown

Mandelin: 5-HTP – Quickly to yellow
Salt – Fizzes with no colour change

Mecke: Sugar – Brilliant yellow (maybe slightly greenish) then orange brown

Simons: 5-HTP – Reacts quickly to a dark greyish blue/purple

Robadope: 5-HTP – Very slow reaction. Initially looks light orange/tan. 5mins looks a slight greenish dark tan. 10mins darker & greener

thanks man thats very helpful, gonna save this page

well the dude who wrote the report said that it is robadope, because he has gotten the redish color result from other clean pills.
Since the pill was purple, do you think that it just stayed the same color due to mdma, but showed a bit blueish? and no MDA, dex-Amphetamine, PMA, 2C-B, DOB or waste product from the production process showing?

I think the robadope test is close to worthless. The reaction, if it occurs (which is very difficult to tell) is slow and weak. It isn't going to turn a bright or rish color like the marquis or the simons. I tested the robadope on pure MDA (before I knew it was pure MDA) and I wasn't even sure it was a reaction.

I'm going to sticky this, I just hope it doesn't get lost....people seem to look past them sometimes. :)

Just got my first testing kit, unfortunatly got no pills or mandy to test with it, do have some sugar tho will give that a try :)

^ hi man, i'm in scotland too. can i ask where you got your test kit? :)

NIK a great reagent company for testing, Bags/Tubes reagent packs go by letters. You can order them from aazon and many other places.

Reccomended reading
OXY by otto snow and any other book of his
Tikahl is an awesome book as well very enlightenig all have synthesization and istory story.
Beow links to documents are about Reagents as put forth by DoJ's NIJ and everyone should have the document, as well as the nasa document linked below.

PDF on Reagents and use in field by DoJ right here strait from the horses mouth and the rule makers for the USA NIJ
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/pubs-sum/183258.htm
Strait download link http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/183258.pdf

Non Government link to document cut and paste into word or somthing
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/3565490...ication-of-Drugs-of-Abuse-NIJ-Standard-060401

Very interesting Nasa Document a must have document just like the above document
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20080026087_2008025492.pdf

Very interesting and need to know iformation for reagents for testing such as marquis mandrin reagents

Just tested my 2 reagents...

Mandelin with 5htp (mind you the mandelin is a milky bright yellow alone) went a funny murky greeny colour.

Marquis (which alone is a clear pale grey/purple colour) did not react at all with sugar.

Is it safe to say the kits are useless? As they were used to test some "mdma" powder and no reaction was noted, just bubbling/fizzing?

Thanks!

Last edited:
morning, newbie here, very late night, slightly 'merry' anyone else still online and feel like talking crap for a while?