• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Reuse of Cottons

CafeContin

Bluelighter
Obviously cooking up bacteria infested cottons is not a good idea, but is there a way to safely make use of old cottons? So far I have these ideas:

1. Cook the cottons up with rubbing alcohol, hopefully killing all bacteria. Then let the alcohol evaporate and cook it up like a normal shot.

2. If for whatever reason #1 doesn't work I was thinking cook the cottons in some water and then soak it up the nose or drink it.

Any thoughts, suggestions, experience?

bad idea ...why would you want to reuse the filter
...it's inexpensive and necessary

the risk outweighs the benefit here ...don't do it

if your going to do it which one sometimes does, when you safe your cottons let them air dry untill they are hard. Dont go slopping wet cottons in some cellophane and 4 days later bringing them out after baking in thier own little bacteria greenhouse and than.

Lots a bad thigns can happen when you start to reuse cottons, put if your going to do it. Filter the solution multiple times thru fresh cottons and than shoot away. If you dont want to shoot it [which is a good idea] I dont see why snorting the liquid or better yet plugging it wouldnt work.

Shooting that gunk directly into your bloodstream can be dangerous, how much more protection does you body offer if one would snort or plug the liquid? Would you still be taking a extreme risk, or since its not a direct into the blood would your nose potentially filter out bacteria? As its quite common for a dirty hit from shooting cottoms, be it bacteria or tiny particals of cotton fibers.

Do a search for cotton fever you will see some results of what could happen or just look at the very bottom of this page at related threads

I know alot of people make shots out of their old cottons, its a pretty unsanitary thing to do but it can easily be done. Basicly theres no safe way of doing this but it wouldnt be the first time someone got away with it.

cotton/trash fever

pkt said:
I know alot of people make shots out of their old cottons, its a pretty unsanitary thing to do but it can easily be done. Basicly theres no safe way of doing this but it wouldnt be the first time someone got away with it.

Yeah, you can get away with it a few times, until you don't. And then you'll experience the wonders of trash fever. Believe me, it sucks: about 20 minutes after the dirty shot, your temperature spikes around 104F (that's 40C if you're not in the US), you get chills, shaking, sometimes convulsions and delirium. Fun it's not. Plus, usually you're only shooting cottons because you've run out of dope, so by the time the cotton fever wears off, you're in full-on withdrawal! It sucks!

The last time I got trash fever, I vowed to myself: never again. So now I eat the cotton right after using it, so it isn't sitting around to tempt me when I run out of dope.

Miles

The longer you keep the cottons the worse it is, as the bacteria will grow and grow. If you do decide to reuse, sooner is better than later.

Question: Is the best way to preserve cottons to let them dry in the open, and for further storage - if necessary - airtight container? It has been mentioned before to keep them in an airtight, sterile container first thing but looking back on it, it sounds like bad advice as the bacteria may be in the cotton and the water will never dry out of the cottons, providing a warm, wet place for bacteria to grow.

Got cotton fever after that advice!

So now I eat the cotton right after using it, so it isn't sitting around to tempt me when I run out of dope.

What the fuck?

Soak & plug! Don't reuse and inject as that's how to become sicker than a dog. If you plug the cotton soak, the drug will get into your bloodstream, but without the attendant bacteria

Miles323 said:
So now I eat the cotton right after using it, so it isn't sitting around to tempt me when I run out of dope.

Miles

Just flush it bro. Before you end up shitting a sweater.

About eating cottons:
liquidheaven said:
Just flush it bro. Before you end up shitting a sweater.

He he. I don't think so. A cotton used in a typical shot is like 1/10 of one end of a Q-Tip. We're not talking about eating big balls of cotton (chocolate covered or not... a reference to _Catch-22_ by Joseph Heller).

The idea of eating the used cotton is, of course, "waste not, want not", on the assumption that there may be a little bit of dope still in the cotton, and better to get it in by eating than flushing it away. Even still, somehow the "want not" part never comes true!

Miles

I have always just placed the once used cotton between my lip and cheek right away, like dip. I can't even imagine cooking up loads of old cotton for a, most likely, very poor high. Its like smoking bong resin, just with a possibility to get dangerously ill....

Each to his own, I actually talked to an old friend who now lived with a morphine addict. The guy who owned the flat cooked up cotton shots from several cottons from HUGE shots, which apparantly made my friend VERY high. The rush was pins and needles to the stars, his words only it sounded better in norwegian.

Miles323 said:
The last time I got trash fever, I vowed to myself: never again. So now I eat the cotton right after using it, so it isn't sitting around to tempt me when I run out of dope.

Miles

Why not keep it simple and just throw them in the trash or toss them out the fuckin window?

^ on the road sure in the mouth or out the window but when your a junky at home you tend to quickly accumilate a stock pile of cottons. When you are using cottons you know you have a problem and the opiate [ab]use has gotten out of hand.

ClubbinGuido said:
Miles323 said:
Why not keep it simple and just throw them in the trash or toss them out the fuckin window?
Waste not, want not!

Miles

blahblahblahblah said:
When you are using cottons you know you have a problem and the opiate [ab]use has gotten out of hand.
That's true, blahblah. Of course, sometimes there are other hints. Like when your arms are covered with track marks, weeping pus and blood; when your wife kicks you out of the house and your family disowns you; when you're shooting in your neck cuz there are no more veins in your limbs; when you spend your last $10 on a bag of dope instead of food; these are sometimes clues that your abuse has gotten out of hand, too.

Miles

I've reused cottons when I was - controllably - into coke use. For some reason, coke cottons air dry easier and are much easier to contain for later use. I have reused heroin cottons as well, but I just leave them in a dish, slightly covered, open air. Bad, whatever. Don't do it anymore.

i did not read this whole thread

anyway... the one and only time i got cotton fever was when i reused an old cotton... and geting cotton fever is enough to make u never reuse cotton again... so learn from my mistake (IVed coke for 2 days and RAN OUT OF COTTON... can u believe that shit?) and dont reuse cotton... cotton fever sucks

Sometimes I reuse a single cotton as opposed to pulling a new one. It seems trouble occurs when you let the bateria breed. Never thought of that as "reusing" a cotton...

Yeah Miles I agree there are so many different possible probable situations where something is a dead ringer or problems come out of left field.

I Love MariJunana -

I agree also have seen people after a little, big bender if that person were sitting around just shooting coke they get alot of cottons. I find if people can hold on till the till the next morning they say they get huge bellringers of 8 of so bone dry previously heavily soaked cocaine/waters cottons. They sit out over night, dry hard pieces of cotton you are practically given a monster belling ringing zinger. If the person would actually sleep and let your system clean up.
Ive had huge ringers of 2mL of water and a huge pile of coke cottons, mashed up, heated and filtered twice. You have to be starting off with good material for a half way decent hit the 'next' day off 8-10 nice plump cottons.

Its always a bad scene where your bothering to use your left over cottons that have been growing in size one morning when you cant score for an hour or so ugh When outsiders people see you doing that their like what the hell, and it is like what the hell because you let your guard against dirty bacterial filled hits. One of the first 'I dont give a fucks' to go first. It fiendish behavior imo but sometimes people dont care. Thats when your addiction can even start to reap more havoc in somebodies lives. Addiction is so creepy and cunning.