Your Productions Go Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nephil

Bluelighter
I already posted this in announcements and feedback forum but i figured i'd post here to get the attention of you music enthusiasts...

has anyone ever thought about making a sticky post or announcement thread that is for bluelighters who produce to start posting some of their work...sort of like the V&PA forum has a portfolio sticky where artists may post.

I see we have a thread for dj's to post their latest mixes, but how about a thread where producers and other creators can get feedback and be critiqued on the tracks they create...in all genres of electronic (or non-electronic) music.

ps...if so, id love to be a part of it ;);)

personally i think it is an incredible way to get your name out there...not to mention it may help invite already 'known' talent to participate in the music forum...which in turn will help all of 'us' who are interested in persuing our musical passions.

just an idea i had swimming around

:D

Not a bad idea; however, there are sites that will host your work for downloads. I think some will let you do that for free. So, you just need to post a link. Perhaps the mods of the music forum would consider putting a banner thread at the top where people can post their production links. Jus thinking.

^^^exactly

i think it would just be nice to have a central forum where people could post links to their work that they have hosted on other sites.

would any of you know of any of these free websites I could load some stuff onto? i could post up some tings ive been working on.
cheers

Some links for hosting...

im gonna post a few that i have found...some are free, and some are relatively cheap...so here you go!

Free

iuma

ZeBOX

sectionZ

Yay, I'm the 1st producer =D

http://www.mp3.com.au/Dante

There's some old stuff up there (older than 6 months), and I haven't putten anything up new because I've had all sorts of technical issues... as well as writing more stuff for Live PA as opposed to release.

You could always also decide to check out http://www.c-tek.org/dante/ for some clips of recent stuff etc. That's where I've mainly been putting stuff up as of recent.

And yes, I want feedback, as scathing yet as constructive as you can be. :)

Well, I have posted a couple of links to my productions, but I might as well do it again. My alias is Traktorfunk, and I produce techno in varying forms - everything from minimaltechno to atmospheric to tribal techno stuff, as well as more electro-inspired things. I will be releasing a 12" soon, with my newest track, "Linear thoughts" (downloadable for free on my website), possibly including a remix from a quite familiar techno producer and DJ. Stay tuned for more info! :)

Check my website out at www.musicbuilder.com/traktorfunk.

ello everyone. Not posted here in a while. Heres a link to my stuff, its not that great, but tell me what you think.

anclove

Dante: LIstening to heated now. Its pretty nice. Sounds a bit like classics era aphex to me, think its the synths. What programs are you using for this?

Onto hot carl now. I prefer this one to the first one. I like the swooping bass :).

Last edited:
Please keep in mind that that stuff is quite old now, using mostly shitty presets and the like... you'd be much better off seeing the other link to check out clips of my newer stuff to get an idea of what I'm sounding like.

But cheers for the feedback so far, I'll check your stuff out as soon as I can. :)

well, i'll contribute to this thread as well as promote my own songs as well. :) i took down some classical piano pieces i had an the site is just left w/ downtempo music

www.mp3.com/jihan

many people gave me positive feedback regarding the track "the unknown" so tell me what you think.

Last edited:
www.mp3.com/punchae

here are two Fruity Loops creations- "To The Hardcore" and "Shit! Where's My Phone!".

I've since cleaned up the production (adjusted excessive eq. levels etc.) but at least u'll get an idea from these crude early versions.

keep the choons comin', ppl. This thread was well due.

OK, lemme make a suggestion.

If you want your music critically reviewed, then take the initiative and review someone else's music. I'm feeling particularly inclined to listen to hedtwin's stuff, and will be downloading it as soon as I can (stupid download limits :().

punchay: I downloaded the old version of "to the hardcore" a while ago, so I'll base it on that if it's just sound clean up you've done...

*listening*

What style were you trying to get with this? It's nearly like a mix of hardcore kick, hard house synth and techno-arranged percussion, but the song structure seems to be purely techno based, and the percussion sound doesn't seem to quite match the song's style... you pretty much sticking to default FruityLoops samples with this one?

I think it's got a shitload of potential, but take a look around the net for some more cymbals and hats... the fruity ones really aren't good enough imho. I learnt this far too late.

And the chunky bass at the end of the track! That was phat! But have you thought of incorporating it more into the track somehow? I reckon it'd be worth giving a shot at least, cause otherwise it just sounds like an idea thats totally separated from the song.

Last edited:
Just listening to some of your newer stuff dante. Its fucking wicked! b3_6 think its called. I'm well into this, are you gonna put a full track of it up at any point, coz its definitely my kind of thing :). Sorry to keep going for the aphex analogies, but this sounds more like new aphex, 54 cymru beats and the like. Very nice.

Now listening to dap_2. Its pretty nice. Very chill out in yoyouroom with a spliff music i reckon. I like the little pitch shift every bar. Think i prpreferredhe first one though

punch e punch: just loading up "to the hardcore". I agree with dante that you should probably try and steer away from the fruity loops samples, altho thats something i'm guilty of myself :\. I've just heard that kick in too many of my early REALLy shit songs and it pisses me off no end. This tracks not bad, not rereallyy type of music, but i can see what your doing with it. i like the little synth (i think its a synth) in the background. I reckon it could probably use more bass really tho.

Listening to shit wheres my phone now. I like that bassline thing, it makes me smile :). Is that a reversed sample i am hearing with reverb on it? i like what your doing there. Not bad track really. Again not really my kind of thing but its not bad. You definitely need to try and get some more synth/ssamplesor something because i reckon that the fruityloops ones tend to sound a little cheesy at times. I beleive that fruityloops have a website where you can download some more samples, can't remember it off the top off my head, but its around and it has some better kicks/hats/snare etc

astralplur: just been listening to caterpillar beach, don't take it personally but i don't liek it really. Sounds a little too random for me. Its a nice concept but i think it needs a fair bit of work, could just be me being closed minded though. I liked the voice in it, that was pretty gud.

This other ones much better, civilization i think its called. I like this. Lots of lovely synths and filtered drums. very nice. What programs/synths have you been using for this if you don't mind me asking? The voice samples in this one are very nice as well. For some reason this reminds me of Mu-ziq. Nice.

Jihan: Listening to the fleeting water waves. I rreallyfuckgin like this. lovely little sporadic melody thing going on in the background and nice slow bhytmic drum. All the watery sounds work really well as well. That bad in the backgroudns really nice.

Listening to the unknown now. Soudns fairly orbitally to me, definitely not in a bad way. Ooooh, the beat jsut came in. I like that. Your really good at this kind of beat. The pads very nice in this one as well. Not sure what i think of when that guitar thing goes sort of detuned. Sounds good one of teh times tho.

Top of teh pyramid is really nice as well. I personally wouldn't have put in some of teh lower pitch piano notes, sounds pretty nice tho. The beat thing on this is fucking brilliant, better than the othe rtwo. I like the bells on it.

JohanK: Couldn't seem to get your website working, sorry :(

So thats abotu it, i'm ognna take this moment to point out that i haev little to no idea about dance music really, so my comments should be read as such.

oh and one more thing. The tracks on my site are far from finished versions of them, and one of them i am fairly unhappy with, "new flp lets play" i beleive its called. It was just me messing around with the new version of fruityloops, and all my mates wanted me to put it online. There is a newer version in which i have added a bit off a bassline and ironed out some of the other kinks (like when it pitchshifts back down and theres the really low drum that just sounds shite) Have a listen and see what you think anyway though :)

And i really do appreciate any criticism, good or bad as long as its constructive.

Last edited:
Yeah, my Musicbuilder site acts kinda weird some times - just try it again, should work now. Maybe I should just move my entire collection of tracks elsewhere - suggestions anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.