Your Productions Go Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante said:
Just a quicky, did you actually produce any of those tracks yourself? This is a thread designed for producers to get feedback from fellow producers, and that really just seems like an advertising post... 8)
http://www.c-tek.org/dante/dante-breaksmp3.mp3

...what kind of question is that anyway? do you think I made up an account a year ago to pose as being Bryan Jones from High Caliber just to trick you? I know what this thread is designed for. its for bluelight producers to post links to their music. I've been on bluelight for about a year now and I'm also a producer, I'm pretty sure that qualifies me to post my tracks in this thread. I think there is nothing wrong with me putting a website under the tracks to let people who like the tracks know how to get them. I even offered to give free download links to any of these songs to anyone that emails me and requests it.

Forgive me, the first time I read it it seemed as if you were just pushing a record label, and many different artists tracks. Ignore me, I'll have a listen to some of your stuff soon :)

[edit]Also, I redid the breaks mp3 that's on my link, check it again if you've checked it previously.

Last edited:
It's like a whole new genre

I like to call it Grobcore

This one is called Mysterious Cities of Grobcore - a classic for those children of the 80s :) :)

http://members.lycos.co.uk/robertboucher/grobcore/cities.mp3

My other work can be found by click on the link on my signature

***Please note, ive only been producing for a little over 2 weeks - so yes i am aware of how crap it is***

Hey all..

I invite you to listen to my 2 new trakcs. 'evacuate' and 'yes i do'. Been a while since i've released anything and i thought it time to do so.

Style is hard trance.

'Yes i do' is my first track to be played at out at a party.. Anyone who was @ synapse 4 and listerning to Dj Neuro's set would have heard it!

some feedback would be nice, but keep it constructive..

rate of recurrence is the new name i'm producing under..

enjoy

Great idea!!

I'll be ages posting my tunes as i still need to get my site up and running.

As for reviews..... Im getting there.

JIHAN:

All your stuff is well nice! I love the pianos. The first track is my favourite as it seems to vary more but the second is close second. They chilled my head out nicley. I see what someone was saying about the pianos sounding a LITTLE bit clashy at some points but i didnt find it that bad. Excellent stuff!

MR PUNCH DUDE:

First track, the Phone one, started off alright but i think you need to chop it up a bit. Thats what i'd do anyway. You get into that bass line and it goes on all the way though so you kind of get a bit tired of it. A bit the same with the second one as well but if these are your first attempts then it's definatley going to get better. As for the Fruity loops samples............i think i might be guilty of that as well! You'll have to tell me when you hear my tunes! ;)

ASTRALPLUR:

I liked some of the sounds in both of your tunes but one thing which kept throwing me off was the way they diddnt 'link up' a lot of the time they sounded off beat and like they were clashing, im sure if you spent a bit of time sorting out that small detail they'd sound 300% better, it just wasnt a smooth ride if you get me? The first one was my favourite though I sure if you tweaked it a bit and maybe put it into Sonar or something to get the volumes and fade ins/outs sorted it would be pretty wierd!

DANTE:

Only listed to b3_6 so far but its PHAT. Quite sort though, whats going on there?

chalk

LIQUID DELIGHT:

Pretty melow tune, nice to listen to in the background while im working but theres not really much happening as far as tuneage goes. The string sound in the background is quite soothing though, i think thats the only thing that stopped me from hitting my boss when he came and told me to get on with my work :)

DOMPAMINE:

Nice! This is my sort of stuff. Im liking the beat and the way it drops in at around 5mins, the sound in general is quite sweet although if it could be a little bit faster i'd be happier. Personal preference.. I'd buy this on vinyl if i heard it.

GROBERT:

What can I say. Everyone lay down you meager attempts in homage or the true genius :)

Sorry I haven't got reviews yet, but I was supposed to have broadband by now, and it didn't come through :(
I guess i'll start the dialup crawl..

Oh, and does anybody know a free host that doesn't give a two week 'approval period' when you up a track?
I've got my own page on www.mp3.com, but I just finished a track and I wanna get it online ASAP, so I'm looking for a free site that doesn't make you wait every time you up a track.

dopamine> i dig your use of effects to give that trippy style. there's plenty of things going on and changes happening to keep me interested, whether its through lyrics, drum breaks, or instrumentation. props to u cause this is not my type of music yet i enjoyed it.

Grobert> i like your creativity. your intro was inovative. i liked how you complimented the the voice samples with a light music background. i have to say i'm not keen on the beat after the piano intro. i think its the snare that you chose that did me wrong. too long/ too loud? i'm not sure. it does go on for too long though for my taste. the switch after the 6 min mark was worth the wait though. i'd like to hear something else from you sometime.

Dante> your clips were way to short to have much to say about them. when you have more i'll give you sum feedback.

dr seuss> your treble volumes are up to high IMHO. i'm a treble feind as well, but your beat is under your treble instead of reversed. for my taste your strongest part of the song is around the 8:40 mark. still your treble is to high when it comes in. just adjust those volumes and i think that will start to clean up that song a lil.

my web page is http://brainreward.stainedillusions.com/

the 1st 3 songs at the top are songs from years ago. the next 2 songs and song 8 are what we call transition songs. we have a good size Bboy following so when we play we ussually start up our gigs with Bboy breaks and then "transition" into tripped out funky breaks. the 6th song is another song from years ago. song 7 has a miami beat behind it, but is not your typical miami booty song. 9 and 10 are the most recent songs up on the net. they are from late 2002. crackhead is all fucted up of couse, with tons of switches and changes (this is still 1 of my favs). song 10 is the lightest of all the tunes. sample a few and let me know what you think. i'm curious how our stuff translates to other places. get these now cuase ,soon, i'm going to update the site with all new songs that have been writen more recently. i'm also going to put up our Bboy breaks on another site.

back later w/ sum more feedback

o-townzM-chill said:

Grobert> i like your creativity. your intro was inovative. i liked how you complimented the the voice samples with a light music background. i have to say i'm not keen on the beat after the piano intro. i think its the snare that you chose that did me wrong. too long/ too loud? i'm not sure. it does go on for too long though for my taste. the switch after the 6 min mark was worth the wait though. i'd like to hear something else from you sometime.

if you check my signature you can hear my colective works! (p.s. it is supposed to be a joke tho - and cities of Grobcore is the only one i took more than 30 mins over)

But thank you so much! the Drum and Bass Breakdown at 6mins is my favourite bit too!

Just put a new track up, it's at http://www.mp3.com.au/SteveElektro/
It's called Bad Intent. Listen to it at high quality or download it first because when you stream it at lofi, theres a weird high pitched whine that isnt there when you download it!! Don't know what the fuck is going on there......
My old tracks are still at www.mp3.com/steve_elektro/ but I abandoned that site for the ozzie one, gotta support your local industry =D
So yeah, starting with Bad Intent, all my tracks will now be at the first link.
Bad Intent is a 150bpm acid track, a bit of a trancey feel but quite hard.
Give it a listen and tell me what you think, thanks.

Reviews: (I got dialup, so I will edit this post to include newer reviews as time permits. All tracks will get reviewed so just wait for me, to get to yours)
I'll start from the top

Dante:
'Heated' I'm not usually into ambient stuff but I like this, very eerie, very nice sounds and percussion. Good track.

'Hot Carl' I'm a big fan of breaks :) I love the intro, MAD bass sweep! Love the synth line and old skool feel, great track.

'In The Dark' Too minimal for my trance likings. Needs more sound.

'Minimalisticated' Nice and hard, I like it hard when it comes to tech. Nice industrial noises and driving beat, I like the bassline, gotta love those funky square waves :) Original, not bad at all.

I'll get to your other stuff soon, as time permits. If you have a priority on what exactly you'd like reviewed, post it.

Traktorfunk
'Linear thoughts' (I thought I'd just review this for now, seeing as you think it's your best. I'll get back to your other stuff when I've reviewed others)
Very smooth, not really my kind of techno (I like it harder) but the production value is great. Solid track.

Hedtwin
'my spirit has fallen a remix' Nice, smooth and depressing almost :) I like it.

I'll do more reviews as time permits, in the meantime, please give 'Bad Intent' a listen, I'm eager to get opinions on it. Like I said, please listen to it at hi quality or download it first, it sounds fucked at lofi for some reason.

SteveElektro - Just downloaded 'Bad Intent' - very impressive. Nice and dirty sound quality, not too much melody either, which I like. Sounds pretty dancable too.

Perhaps it just me, but it sounds like elements could do with a little more room to breathe, if you know what I mean, still, only a minor point...

Come on you slakers, where's all the reviews for my tunes!?!? ;)

alright chalk, i fiured your right, i have been a lazy motherfucker.
just listening to dust right now. i like the beat, very chilled and relaxing. the change around 2:20 is, well.. hmm, interesting. what is that around 2:45? is it a guitar? thats cool. its got a real slow proggression around here.
its quite nice, good for chilling with a spliff. speaking of spliff, im outta here.....

Grobert: I like your tune! =D I thought it was unique in the way you put that intro together. gets a little repetitive towards the end but that's okay! I also thuink that sped-up vocal was a nice touch.

everyone else: haven't had time to review just yet but will get back to all of you on that.

here are two songs that I made... one is dedicated to a hot bluelighter named Mellabopper and the other is just a deja-vu thing from a khole :D

YOU WILL NEED WINAMP 3 because I use the new .ogg format.

*cough*

http://www.eff-bee-eye.de/mellabopper.ogg

http://www.eff-bee-eye.de/kholesystem.ogg

:D :\ :) 8o

Status
Not open for further replies.