Your Productions Go Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negative said:
This is an old school Alex Reece style jazzy drum and bass number I've been workin on . . .

Calibrated Funk

Lofi Play
Hifi Play
Download
I quite like it even though its not really my type of d'n'b, would be a good background track for something.. I like the bass, real subtle. What I don't really like is 1. the hihat, sounds too mechanical and programmed and, well, basically I think the drumsounds could do with some work. They're ok though.

HydrA/Adam - Grabbed em up. Fiberline is a good place to have your tunes/buy tunes from if you're into the whole Final Scratch/Serato sort of thing, or you rock the CDJ's. They are hot, and the previews do them no justice.

K-rite - acid cookout: I dig the loops, but it sounds like they could be cut better. they don't always loop seemlessly. I dig the overall structure. I'd like to hear this revised some.

Rasclatt -

True Blue: not doing it for me, man. that vocal just isn't working. I love grime, but I'd get back to the lab. I don't hear any redeeming factors for this track, honestly.

Space Cake: I have no doubt that there are going to be people out there that dig this. I think that the lower quality of the recording has some to do with my opinion. I'd like to hear a higher rate version of this track. It's all over the place, but it's also triphop, so I would expect that.

Negative:
Calibrated Funk is put together well. I'd dig the hell out of a high quality version of this track. My major nit with the production would have to be that the drums don't sound sharp. Drum n bass tends to have crazy mastered drumming that makes every hit sharp and hard. I think that if the drums were editted some, this would be a very marketable track. Don't know if that's what you are going for, but it's pretty good.

I've got 2 tracks for your approval:

1 is called "Thief in Chief" and it's an Acid Breaks number. Guess who it's about. It's not a florida breaks kindof thing, it's a lot more trippy, and without the funky nuskool type stuff. Think Chemical Brothers, with some early vegas Crystal Method, minus the flare.

and the next one is a dubstep, broken beat number with Kruder and Dorfmeister, Amon Tobin, acidic downtempo breaks feel to it.

it's called The Price of Game. It's scheduled for a release pretty soon, so I figured that I'd let Bluelight get a listen.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=321464&T=2809

lemme know what you think

ps the only sample on either of these two tracks is on Thief in Chief, and it's a vocal "introducing the president of the united states" and "welcome" is from the matrix.

^cheers for having a listen AuralAssassin, to be honest I still have alot to learn and at the moment im only using reason with 2 shitty speakers and no keyboard, im liking your tracks though especially the second one..

Negative said:
This is an old school Alex Reece style jazzy drum and bass number I've been workin on . . .

Calibrated Funk

Lofi Play
Hifi Play
Download

need to work on your levels a bit man.. the bass is way overpowering the muted sound you're using as a melodic pad.. hmm things seem to be better once the tune gets going..

bass is kinda muddy.. could use some eqing to tighten it up a bit

cmon you can put snares on places other than 5 and 13 ;) don't fall into the trap.. remember drums come first in drum in bass =D

melodic interlude without the beat needs way more sounds imo.. it's very sparse.. some kind of dreamy, oozing pad in the background of it all would be nice

after it drops.. hihats could use some variety.. try to mix up their volumes, pitches, attacks and decays for a more natural sound.

^^ exactly. I think the track has a lot of promise. the flow will work out... adding a few emotional stabs and better EQing will make that shit TOO hot.

alright people, another track for you review, kind of chilled elctro/breaks thing, sorry i havnt been reviewing but im not all that good at giving good constructive points so their seems not muhc point, anyways here it is ->Jaffa - Urban Jungle thanks.

frizzantik said:

cmon you can put snares on places other than 5 and 13

hahahahaa

you know you've been looking at a drum machine
(or drum machine interface) too long when you
refer to the snare's downstroke as '5' adn '13'
as opposed to '2' and '4'

;)

AuralAssassin said:
HydrA/Adam - Grabbed em up. Fiberline is a good place to have your tunes/buy tunes from if you're into the whole Final Scratch/Serato sort of thing, or you rock the CDJ's. They are hot, and the previews do them no justice.

:D thanks!!!

more to come!

Rasclatt said:
new track to have a listen to if you want, downtempo/hiphop, me what you think;

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=655700&T=2858

thanks.

Very nice, comes in off-beat, which I love in broken beat stuff...

I think the Bonobo influence comes through from the filtered bongo samples and the guitar/piano melodies... very nice

I think you should bring in keychanging melody from the second half sooner, maybe after just a few bars of the first melody. The bass seems a bit quiet in this bit too... during the build up keep the beat more constant, it's just that little bit too broken... and keep those lovely filtered bongos tape-echoing around the stereo mix at the end...

It's very subjective, and I'm no expert! great work, I'm very impressed!

thanks for having a listen :D feedback was useful, I defintiely need to bring in the second half sooner and make the beats a bit more regular sooner aswell as the beginning half definelty feels like its missing something, might try and put some vocals on it at some point aswell but see how it goes, cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.