• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

MEGA - Drug/Legal issues impacting school/job

^ But they also want HARD-workers. Flexible. Moldable. FAST-LEARNERS. Respectful. Patient.

These are all words that you'll need to use when you don't have experience.
You WANT this.. no you NEED this and am willing to do anything to be "apart of the team." (everyone loves teammates).
Mmm pretty good advice. So basically i force my way into these cunts, tell them everything they want here. Make me sound like i am the greatest there is, even though i don't have experience. Sounds good

^That's how I've always done it. Play the game.

When in doubt just fall back on the wonderful engine of 'protective rationalization' (IE: fake it.)

;)

Sorry to derail a little. But you guys recommending restaurants. I keep looking online craigslist and every restaurant job wants an experienced server / busser etc. Every fucking job wants prior experience, it is driving me nutts. I would be great for the job, but how do i get prior experience for the job. How does a waiter first start out, fucking craigslist man...

I keep seeing the same jobs over and over on stupid craigslist. Same thing, for restaurant work they want you to have experience except maybe for bussing tables or dishwasher. Most jobs here, especially call centers or telemarketing they want you to be bilingual (it's south Florida) Or simple cashier at a gas station expected 3 letters of recommendation along with your resume for minimum wage. :(

I keep seeing the same jobs over and over on stupid craigslist. Same thing, for restaurant work they want you to have experience except maybe for bussing tables or dishwasher. Most jobs here, especially call centers or telemarketing they want you to be bilingual (it's south Florida) Or simple cashier at a gas station expected 3 letters of recommendation along with your resume for minimum wage. :(

What's wrong with bussing tables or dishwashing? I've done both while waiting for bigger and better things to come along. Depending on the restaurant, the busboys also get a percentage of each server's tips, which do add up. Also, I assure you that if you show up on time and do a good job every shift, the management will see that and you can often be "promoted" to server. My brother and I have both started as bussers and ended up serving. In fact, I know for sure that some corporate-owned restaurants make new employees work as bussers or hosts for a brief period before they allow them to serve.

I hear if you move states they won't find it on the background check..

I would make sure to check the laws before doing such a thing. IIRC there are certain rules and stipulations that convicted felons must abide by. I don't think felons can vote and I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to own guns. Another one of those laws may be that they are not allowed to just pack up and move out of state.

I would make sure to check the laws before doing such a thing. IIRC there are certain rules and stipulations that convicted felons must abide by. I don't think felons can vote and I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to own guns. Another one of those laws may be that they are not allowed to just pack up and move out of state.

Some states restore voting rights after X amount of years. Guns you are correct as far as i know. Moving restrictions are only while under supervision, parole, probation etc.

Seriously not good advice. I lost a job after 6 years there because they ran a background check when they switched insurance companies. Yes, insurance. I've had a couple friends got sacked this way also. Plenty of people will hire you if you tell the truth and you don't hafta have a lie hanging over you. That's no way to live.

So you did get to work for them for six years? That is definitely enough time to get your feet on the ground.

You cab make a living on a server wage + tips... Not to say do this for the rest of your life but every restaurant I have worked at most people use something or another... And people cycle through those places so quickly sometimes and its all about saving money/ profit that chances are they either won't check or won't care about a drug charge.

Cab was meant to be *can, but maybe even try cab driver... those are independent contractors. I think they only care about keeping violent criminals away... or repeat DUI.

No, if you wanted the help you might qualify for assistance.If they took food stamps away from convicted felons a lot of people would go hungry.

Its different for drug charges. Plus, if you have ANY type of drug charges you cannot get Pell grants and other feferal financial aid to GO back to school. I have a friend I have been trying to help when I can so her and her family can survive (single mom, 2 boys) because she had some drug charges (felonies) many years ago. With so many people looking for jobs right now, her app goes immediately in the trash or to the bottom of the pile.. she hasn't even been able to get a job at Mcdonalds or a dollar store, laundromat, nothing.

Learn a trade an then start yer own business. Also i dont think they will cut yer food stamps just because ya gotta felony. Thats some dumb shit they aint gonna do that.

I've found that most companies only test when you get hired but don't do it randomly. I can't think of a good way to ask if they randomly test though.

Become a doctor and come to lebanon. Learn arabic and start working. Doctors here make at the very least 50/appointment. They usually have 2-4 appointments an hour. So if you work 5 hours a day, 20 days a month, you're looking at 10-20k per month. Nobody does drug tests here.

Seriously guys....this thread cracks me up. Instead of basing your future career on which companies drug test (thereby limiting yourself to pizza delivery boy for the rest of your life) just use fake piss. There are brands that reliably work. PM me if you need a recommendation. This is just silly. I know chronic stoners who've gotten jobs as pharmacy techs this way.

thought this article was interesting.

data from drug testing companies shows that positive tests for marijuana have gone down dramatically. this is despite the fact that marijuana use in the workforce has increased during the same time period.