• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Plateau Sigma Trips

I strongly advise against going to Sigma. A high 3 or a 4-level dose will be profound enough for sure. Sigma is basically drug-induced psychosis. Most people who experience it regard it as traumatising, and its duration is unpredictable. I have a friend who reported he became zombie-like for days, and as for myself, I took a dose of only 600mg but my body didn't metabolise it properly, and I ended up in a nightmare that's sort of like what I've heard described of Plateau Sigma, only it didn't last as long.

This is dangerous and not something I'd ever recommend inducing deliberately... please be careful... you will probably find what you're after on the third or fourth plateau.

I say be careful. Seen few trip raports from Sigma Plateau. You may never know when it really kicks in, and when it does, you can't really say what's real and what's not - everything has been like that since you were born.

"Plateau Sigma"? It sounds like a B series science fiction movie. Why don't you just call it 5th plateau?
This isn't trolling but giving 5th a hyped-up name just sounds pathetic to me. Very Leary-esque.

Because plateaux 1-4 are a linear progression based off of increasing dosages, plateau sigma requires an entirely different, extended dosing regimen, and has effects unique from the others. It would be misleading to call it the 5th plateau since that would imply you would get to it simply by taking more, and that its effects built off of those previous to it.

I might have reached plateau sigma once, I took about a gram over several hours and took some lsd, the synergy between the two was so strong the entire trip lasted a whole week..I wrote a trip report about it, I just don't know if I have posted it here, maybe it's on erowid..

i'm interested in plateau sigma as well and hope to attempt it relatively soon.

I pmed synchrojet, a guy who's very knowledgable on DXM, about his experience w/ sigma and if he had any advice to undertake it responsibly and he hit me back with the following:

White grapefruit is the only one with narangin, the essential ingredient. Pink has no effect. Now understand that white grapefruit will dramatically increase the intensity and duration of the experience, and for some, render it unpleasant. I use it because my tolerance to DXM is high, and I don't want to get into stratospheric doses.

For me, it took 300mg every two or three hours for about thirty hours. I went through a total of twelve bottles of Robogels on this particular trip, if that's what you're after. I don't recommend this to anyone flat out. Put it in context. I have a high tolerance to DXM, as well as extensive experience with psychedelic trips. Believe me when I say there were some scary moments - indeed, hours, during this trip, and I do mean scary. People who know me personally in this context know that when I say a drug experience is scary, I mean its enough to make most people go ahead and call 911. Scary to me is not a bad acid trip. Scary to me is not an ego death. Scary in this context is: I condemned my spirit to hell, and I'm the only one in the universe forever, and death is not possible. Eternal solitude and madness, growing in geometrical degrees. The physical discomfort would be something yearned for, if only to confirm that I still had a body. You get my meaning here? This is not for the fainthearted. I'm not suggesting that you are not qualified, I'm simply clarifying my terms so that you don't get yourself into something you can't get out of. That being said, I will reiterate that it was by far the most beneficial drug experience of my life. Worth it? For me, yes.

As for the diet/ supplements: Fast for 24 hours prior, with the exception of some tea and maybe one protein shake several hours before dosing. No heavy fats or sugars, period. No junk food. No candy or snacks. Plenty of water. A vitamin B complex, biotin, vitamin C, and some watermelon and lemons on a plate in the fridge (you will eat these throughout in order to stay alkaline). As you experience hunger through the trip, eat the watermelon first, along with a glass of water and a vitamin B complex pill. You only need to take the B pill once every 24 hours remember - no need to overdo it. Take the C upon cessation of DXM intake - start your first C intake when you feel yourself coming down. Again, just take it reasonably, no need to get crazy, but take enough. I took around five grams throughout the trip in its duration, so you can see I take lot for this. I don't recommend hyperdosing C consistently. Next, you will want to intake a good green supplement - the best is definitely wheatgrass - you can order green kamut in powder form online or just go to your local healthfood store. Wheatgrass is wheatgrass, it doesn't need to be fresh to work its magic. Wheatgrass is an invaluable tool in maintaining health through heavy drug use, especially DXM. One reason is the potassium depletion that results from heavy usage. Keep your electrolytes balanced and you won't experience all the reported negative physical sides from DXM use. I know this from personal experience. Best of luck with your trials - get back with me and let me know how it goes.

and if he doesn't want me to post this here i can edit it

Well, it's relevant, and is probably what he would have said anyway.

So i stumbled on this one erowid doing research for my first dxm trip. There are 4 pleteasu when it comes to DXM.
1. slight intoxication
2. stoned and drunk
3. tripping
4. K hole type disassociation effect
(this is very simplified lol)
But its saying there was a (not accepted by everyone) 5th pleateu. Plateau Sigma. It is described as follows,

"At Plateau Sigma interesting things happen to reality. Some have reported vivid, entirely realistic contacts with alien entities, spirits, gods and goddesses. Unlike the fourth plateau, these contacts often take place with eyes open, immersed in everyday reality. Although none of the people who reported these experiences to me had bad trips, most related that the experiences were so real that they felt they easily could have."

I ate 480mg of DXM for my very first trip and i found that to not be enough. I said it multiple times during the experience, but i wanted to "go further." Dont get me wrong, i actually enjoyed it and had a very pleasant experience. I guess i should add that i have plunty of experience with.. ether, k, lsd, mushies, DMT, and various other stuff :p

It seems like alot of dxm to consume, but i have pure powdered dxm, which is actually not bad/dangerous for you. (at safe doses) I want to have a profound experience. Im an experienced climber and will have someone making sure i dont get lost in a delusion and do something the fool lol

Thanks guys n gals

FUCKING DUMB IDEA.
lol but really you could seriously fuck up your liver and may not enjoy the trip...

No problem posting that bro. I hope it gives some insight. I found DXM to be the most liberating/impacting drug of all, but this could be because I explored it after I explored many others. I feel that one accumulates applicable knowledge from
other drugs that contributes to subsequent psychedelic experiences. The most important aspect of all, however, is the conscious search for spiritual growth. Without this component, much is lost on the person. Important hallucinations are reduced to cinematic experiences. It wasn't until I purposely utilized drugs for spiritual growth that I attained these profound benefits from my DXM experiences. I don't know if there is a physical price to be paid - the jury is still out on that, but I will say that much of the hyped DXM body load/harm is simply a result of bad preparation and dehydration.

DXM: Plateau Sigma?

Hi all, I am attempting to go to the plateau sigma, I took 200mg which kicked in at 3pm and then I took another 200 at 5pm for the next one I am planning on taking 350mg of dxm. Does anyone know what some possible effects might be and how likely it is that I will infact reach sigma?

I don't know much about this topic aside from what I've read in the popular DXM FAQs (you probably noticed our Sigma thread is pretty damn sparse) as I haven't wanted to attempt this myself (accidentally got close once, I think, only time a dissociative ever scared me), but I think two second plateau doses followed by a third is a good way to go about it. Yours might be too low, then again they might not, you'll have to tell us.

From the lack of reply, I think we can assume he achieved it haha =D

I never understood the point in aiming for 'plateau sigma'. Is the fourth plateau not strong, long, or magical enough for you? Please.

Remember that with DXM you are playing with fire. Or liquid nitrogen, rather.

From the DXM FAQ at Erowid:

A few people have independently contacted me about an additional plateau -- one reached not by increasing the dosage but by prolonging the experience. I searched for some time for a name before settling on "Plateau Sigma", both because it seems to be related to sigma activity (see Section 10.2) and because it occurs as one sums up small doses (sigma being the mathematical symbol for summation). This summation may lead to a strong potentiation of the psychotomimetic effects of DXM ... Over half the people who had a Plateau Sigma experience have said it was extremely unpleasant and that they would never repeat it.

The most commonly reported dosage regimen for Plateau Sigma is given below. However, before giving it, I warn you strongly against making this sort of attempt. DXM at high dosages is probably hard both on the brain and the body, and extending the experience is likely to increase the chance for dangerous side effects. Furthermore, one must be experienced enough with DXM, with the psychedelic experience in general, and with one's own mind, to be able to understand the experience. Everyone who has reported a successful experience with this dosage regimen has been at least 23 years of age. While I do not doubt that some younger people may be capable of having a good experience at this plateau, most seem to be unable to understand it and unable to control it, and there may be a real danger of psychotic breaks. Finally, the experience is in some ways acutely uncomfortable, as one's contact with inner and outer reality seems to break down entirely.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_experience.shtml#toc.5.9

People that do very high dose DXM aren't always just in it for 'fun'. How is DXM playing with fire more so then any other drug?

does anyone have the trip report "the search for plateau sigma"?
it was on third-plateau.org. sadly the site doesn´t exist anymore.

There you go: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/239376-DXM-Subthread-Plateau-Sigma-Trips

You can use that particular subthread to discuss plateau sigma, all of this will be merged (combined) with it when you get back to us to confirm all of this. :)

Such threads can be found using the Psychedelic Index. In this case through the Big & Dandy DXM Thread. Click DXM in the list for that. You can see all of the subthreads in the OP.
To learn more about using PD properly please check the Beginners FAQ, it can save you a lot of time. Links are below in my signature.