• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Plateau Sigma Trips

for dxm i say just get a chill spot to trip. its not really a "trip," but more a dissociation. you arent in youre body for 24 hours, its a two day trip, so i dont recommend walking. cuz you will wobble around like a drunken idiot. thats why its called robo tripping. nd for dxm i highly recomend delsym, it dont have all dem sideminifins nd alcohol nd other shit.

I just honestly cant get the fixation people have of dosing up to the extreme on DXM. Doing DXM full stop is a bit silly IMHO.

300mg and an enzyme deficiency was more than enough for me know that I'll never be touching it again.
Ended in a quick trip to the emergency room at about the +20 mark. Was still delerious at that stage.
After a four hour wait and an assesment I was FINALLY starting to come down.

24 hour trip, not cool - not with DXM anyway ;)

for dxm i say just get a chill spot to trip. its not really a "trip," but more a dissociation. you arent in youre body for 24 hours, its a two day trip, so i dont recommend walking. cuz you will wobble around like a drunken idiot. thats why its called robo tripping. nd for dxm i highly recomend delsym, it dont have all dem sideminifins nd alcohol nd other shit.

Apologies for the double post. No DXM is not traditionally a long trip (more like ~8hours) but for a VERY UNLUCKY 7% of caucasians, like me, have an enzyme deficiency an cant break down that nasty chemical. Hence tripping for potentially days, depending on dose. Not cool.

I'd assume your also in this 7% if it lasted that long for you.

I think some people are unclear as to what a "sigma" trip is.

Plateau sigma is not reached by doing inhuman doses of DXM. It's a state reached by prolonging the experience--i.e., you take a low second plateau dose, then a few hours later another low second plateau dose, and then when you're starting to come down, you take a third plateau dose. Allegedly, when you begin to come down from the last dose, you will be left in the "sigma" state. It's called Plateau Sigma because of the high potentiation of the sigma receptors and the fact that sigma is the greek letter denoting "summation" in mathematics--as in, you take a "summation" of doses to reach the state instead of one massive dose.

FYI: Plateau sigma is highly dangerous, and is pushing the limits of safety.

The DXM FAQ on Erowid.com is really fascinating and describes all of this in great detail. It's cheery rainy day reading. :)

Theeere, I was losing faith! Sigma is indeed not achieved by ridiculous dosage but by very high DXM/DXO ratio, which causes more sigma activity than NMDA antagonism. Dosing 200-300 mgs every six hours for two days would probably be more than enough to get someone there.

Thanks for posting that Inedible ^ lol I was about to

I've hit it twice, first time was an accident. Both were over 5 years ago so I have no clue on the dose.

~Entity contact~ I met a dragon, about two feet long. right in front of my open eyes, I pet it and felt it, and it reacted to my touch. He was real as fuck. Even though he was made out of sparkling star dust and black tribal swirls. That thing was REAL. It looked right at me and flew over and sniffed my girl friend and I felt worry in my chest it might attack her lol

It's gotta be hard as hell on the body, but that was one of my top 'drug moments' ever

It samples the old series Twin Peaks, and when Briggs begins talking about his "vision" I remember hearing the voice and kind of clinging to the edge of reality for a moment. It helped me integrate the experience later on.
Here's the link to the original scene. It's one of the most profound and unexpected scenes in the series, and requires no context to appreciate. That someone should encounter it for the first time as a link from this thread is entirely in keeping with its spirit.

I just honestly cant get the fixation people have of dosing up to the extreme on DXM. Doing DXM full stop is a bit silly IMHO.

300mg and an enzyme deficiency was more than enough for me know that I'll never be touching it again.
Ended in a quick trip to the emergency room at about the +20 mark. Was still delerious at that stage.
After a four hour wait and an assesment I was FINALLY starting to come down.

24 hour trip, not cool - not with DXM anyway ;)

DXM is just not for everybody dude. Its really got a lot of quirks and unique properties, and also some side effects that not everybody gets.

I think the William White FAQ said it best when he said 1/3 will love it, 1/3 will be kinda meh, and 1/3 will hate it.

I've dosed 3 of my friends, and i've gotten one of each of those responses. Intriguing.

Biosphere "Substrata"

the single greatest ambient album ever. I have to listen to it next time I trip on 2ce. I'm always a little frightened it will be to overwhelming. I've listened to Dropsonde tripping and it was pretty amazing.

OK, I like DXM, and have done it for almost 3 years now, but I haven't had the desire to do a high dosage. Probably never will, either. Certain things I can't handle; the stuff I've read in trip reports about even as low as 3rd plateau is too much for me.

In the scene where the maor tells his son about the vision he says,
''i wish you the best, in all things''

Well... i wish everyone the best, and i feel like DXM is not the best psychedelic, for your health.
Just a thought.

Plateau Sigma, any been there?

Just wanted to know who...apart from me reaches plateau sigma and is conscious during the trip? Please post a little trip report, so i know it's not just me. Dose for sigma for me is 2.4g for 53kg male. Plenty of weed, some doxy and codeine. Cheers
8o

Last edited:
I've never done this and probably won't ever, but I'd be interested to hear what you have to report on it.

Just wanted to know who...apart from me reaches plateau sigma and is conscious during the trip? Please post a little trip report, so i know it's not just me. Dose for sigma for me is 2.4g for 53kg male. Plenty of wee, some doxy and codeine. Cheers
8o

Scribble down a report for us to read. :)

I went in to sigma just for BL. I made a post down below. It's the best i can describe, but the more questions im asked the more i can explain. Cheers. :)

Last edited:
Per erowid this is the chart they give for syrup i drink:
1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Syrup (3mg/ml) for 75kg adult 37 to 62 ml 62 to 187 ml 187 to 375 ml >375 ml

So i down 800ml, where the fuck does that leave me..........and i'm (weighs self) 55kg. Shit, i put on a few kg. Peace. Maybe there is something beyond sigma.....?
I always thought 200ml was the first plateau......
Maybe my mum used this shit when she was pregnant with me...
It ain't my liver. It's pumping cyp2d6 like all hell.

Whoa nath, thats true blue Australian hardcore exploration. DXM was the most horrible thing I ever tried so I can't even imagine any part of this incredible experience, except for the similarities with other OBE's, like from DMT, have you tried that? Right up your alley by the sounds of it

The last time I visited Plateau Sigma was well over 2 years ago and what I can say is that all rational thought breaks down. It went like this. I was working the night shift at a convenience store and I was using dxm heavily during this time, dosing 1 zicam to reach a heavy 2nd plateau or 360ish mg's of dxm for a lighter experience. I took 360 mg to start my shift, somewhere inbetween I dosed a zicam, and several hours later another zicam...and a little beer. My shift ended and reality was becoming very bizarre w/ voices heard, but I knew this would happen so I wasn't surprised, but more worried about driving home! *Bad idea, I don't do this kind of thing anymore.) I got home just in time to feel the full effects hit me and my entire visual field and the space around me was filled with static like on a tv screen with reality and fantasy becoming extremely blurred into one amazing trip. Transcendence ensued, but I wouldn't do it again. I feel that trekking into this territory is too dangerous for most people and for good reason, psychotic breaks happen in plateau sigma and it can be rough, and/or scary in ways that are hard to describe with language. Its an apple pretty far out on the branch and I can say that it is not to be taken lightly.

Yes i want dmt pretty bad.....
Thought i found a source at the pub but hasn't come through yet. I wen't into newcastle to grab a lil bottle today. Skulled in 2 - 3 seconds and been working out today. 1 Bottle makes me feel ok, i can drive etc and talk and function normally, but i love everyone toooooo much. So it's like popping a pill i spose. See i'm ranting after only 600mg and typing as fast as tasy devil.
Maybe for me it's 1 bottle for each plateau, and the weed and doxy takes it to sigma. Again, i don't know why i can handle so much of all drugs, i'm like a walking lab. Peptides excluded. Peace. :) I'm trying to bulk up a bit. Maybe i can use 1st plateau for the energy. 52kg is to damn light. Peace guys. Keep it comin!

Last edited:
Yeah, a few times. Or some odd variant of it, since everyone else seems to report logic breaking down or it being really scary but that didn't really happen for me.

But yeah, there were a lot of voices heard, talking to me, themselves, and each other; with eyes open, patterns on the walls rearranging themselves into words, half-transparent creatures' eyes watching from peripheral vision.

When I'd close my eyes the same scene would remain as though I hadn't closed them, and *slowly* morph into something utterly strange. Reach out hand with eyes closed and see hand move, point at objects and drag them around like some touchscreen interface. Then I made a gesture with my hand and felt a sensation of forward motion and saw a starfield effect and a sort of intricately drawn symmetric platform made of glowing lines under me.

This was after around 18 hours of redosing DXM at maybe 300mg per dose, every few hours or so, plus some really strong weed earlier. It was after coming down from a weed-enhanced third plateau and getting out of bed; body dissociation was around the same as second plateau as was how much reasoning was altered. I went around and did coming down things like taking a shower, cooking and eating, and hanging out on IRC while gaping in wonder at all of this. It stayed around for about six hours, and vanished after a nap. It was an incredibly pleasant and wonderful experience, and more than a little bit seductive.

^Thank you, I found that at the level of sigma you have a body, but not the one here on earth. It's a light body, but i can't get over how clear one can thin k, yet at lower plateau's i can't think for shite. Maybe this is real????????? 8o