• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dealing with OPIATE RELATED CONSTIPATION ~ Mega Thread

Druggist said:
Cocaine always gets things moving for me if you know what i mean...

correction, its the certain cut in the coke that makes you shit!

anyhoo, i have a weird poop cycle - quite normal for me to go 8days without laying cable! and thats having no opiates!

stop taking opiates you will eventually shit a brick oh man its gonna suck ... w hatever you do be patient and dont push too hard ..... let it flow sit there for an hour and think how great it is to binge opiates

update:
today is thursday and i pooped twice already. i feel so much better. thanks everyone for your help. next time before i binge i'll be sure to stock up on metamucil. also, if you'd like to share how many days you went without shitting, i'm still interested. thanks!

I've gone at least 6 days before. :( Never want to experience that again!

In the US there is a product called Miralax. It's Polyethylene glycol. Amazing stuff. Clears you out without any discomfort, its OTC.

Take magnesium every day and drink plenty of water. Does wonders.

beatology said:
update:
today is thursday and i pooped twice already. i feel so much better. thanks everyone for your help. next time before i binge i'll be sure to stock up on metamucil. also, if you'd like to share how many days you went without shitting, i'm still interested. thanks!
Glad to hear you are feeling better :)

don't get Metamucil, get yourself some "Fibre Choice + Calcium" (that may be "Fiber")

they taste great

5 days is my record for no poop at all. Probably longer with unsatisfying rabbit pellet type poops, but no big ones, which is essentially the same as not pooping. I was on subutex for a bit of a habit I had. Man that shit clogs you up. Anyways the end game scenario was like shitting a pineapple sideways, required enema and manual manipulation. Thats right, I pulled the poop out of my own butt. No fun.

I must say this thread embraces the true spirit of harm reduction. :D

And yes, as S_S said, Metamucil (aka psyllium) will work very well for a peristalsis-compromised colon (secondary to opiate use or otherwise). Just make sure that you take it with lots of H2O.

i have IBS-D so i take opiates daily (either opium tincture + imodium or just one or the other) used to take lomotil and levbid but those didn't help, especially not that pain..anyway i shit daily even when i take opiates daily, including morphine, oxycodone, hydrocodone and not small doses either (60-120mg a day oxycodone). its great for people who hate shitting and shit way too often! IBS sucks and opiates are the safest most effect painkillers and antidiarrhoeal on earth. and help depression/anxiety too!

beatology said:
I've been on a bit of a binge since Saturday night and I haven't pooped since Saturday afternoon - it's now Wednesday afternoon.

Haven't used today but still can't poop. Why? And has anyone gone more than 4 days without shitting? How many days have you gone? When can I expect to shit if I don't use today? Is this really fucking up my body? I don't feel bloated at all.

I once went almost two weeks without shitting while on an opioid (actually I had stopped using them but my bowel function hadn't returned to normal) and it was one of the scariest times of my life, especially when the oral magnesium citrate and the mineral oil enema did nothing. You need to take long break from opioids now until your bowel function returns and drink a ton of water until and even after you do shit. If I were you as well, I would buy either a mineral oil enema or Preparation H (long tip, regular kind) in addition to magnesium citrate (stimulates the bowels), because you will be shitting out a giant, dry rock. If you have a bad one, you may find a new definition for what pain is.

When I was a heroin addict this past fall of 07, there was more than one occasion where I went AT LEAST a week.... maybe even close to two weeks without shitting.

I DO NOT NOT NOT NOT RECOMMEND THIS.
Obviously its fucking retarded, but i didn't really care that much.. i was unbelievably addicted.

Eventually it got to the point where my body was telling me it was time to shit.. but I'd hold it back.. because I've had some seriously painful craps in my life due to opiate/heroin use... and man.. my asshole was SCARED.
Im talking about actual bleeding from my rectum because the shits were so massive.
The worst it ever got one time was that my stomach was actually becoming slightly inflated.. my stomach was becoming distended in a way.... so at that point i went down to walgreens got a bunch of fiber tablets, and this stool softner stuff... started eating them like candy and drinking LOTS of water... a day later, I attempted to shit, and thank the GOOD GODS it was absolutely painless... I mean I was really really scared.

There are documented cases of people not shitting for even longer periods of time.. like a month or two or three... but usually it ends up with some doctor going in and surgically having to remove the stool... I'm told at that point that the consistency of the matter is like BRICK.