• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

who's an amateur photographer here?? show your wares!!

I really like that night photo, kat...it's got an artificial quality to it, like a toy set or something..

These were taken on Koh Yao Noi, when a massive typhoon-like storm hit. The locals had never had a storm like this before, and were quite scared, needless to say, we were kinda shitting ourselves, but excited at the same time.

As the storm gathered strength:

IMG_2293.jpg

All we could think was "the poor buggers in that long-tail!"

IMG_2304.jpg

The islands you can see in the distance to the far right of the pic dot the entire horizon. As you can see, you can only see a couple of them.

IMG_2313.jpg

We moved inside shortly after, when the wind picked up to about 110km per hour and we were blasted with sand. ;)

Sunrise at the most northern point of North Stradbroke Island. I took these photos last year; after seeing it firsthand for the first time the year before I decided I had to try to capture it. The images, though truly mystical, don't do it justice. If you're ever on straddie, watch the sunrise light up the beach.
img35599lk.jpg

img35689zb.jpg

MoeBro said:
not a true DSLR kat, but similar, and a fucking awesome camera nonetheless:

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/news/articles/story_3792.html

I found they look cool in the magazines, but when you pick one up in a store they lose their appeal. A very heavy and bulky camera that requires a tripod to take advantage of the huge zoom, even with the Image Stabilisation. My Lumix FX7 in low light conditions was a bitch to hold still even when zoomed completely out. So I've come to appreciate that more often than not you want a very fast lens as oppose one with a massive zoom.

lightning strike nearby, missed the jag but got the glow...

storm.JPG

Last edited:
samadhi - those sunset ones are spectacular! I've got the first one as my desktop now :)

EE - An oldy but a classic. Looks so fresh. But promise me next time you'll use a cracker.

I'm an amateur photographer (emphasis on amateur) and I don't have a hell of a lot to show, but here's one particular picture I did for a college project.

Admittedly it combines photoshop AND photography but they both have the word photo in so stfu <3

shadow.jpg

The emphasis was more on image manipulation than photography, but hell. I have a picture I love and if I can find it I'll post it, but til then...

I love photography. My inspiration to take photos comes from my love of the mountains. These are some of the best shots I've taken this season. All these photos are from Whistler (BC Canada), and the surrounding backcounty. Enjoy.

anotherday2.jpg

flutebowl.jpg

ridingtovillage.jpg

balcony1.jpg

balcony2.jpg

wb1.jpg

wb2.jpg

Wow! Thanks Kat! :D I love your city streets shot, i love those shots, long exposure, it reminds me of ghostly images.

Everyone's photos are really really awesome! :D:D

Eyes wide shut & Middle Finger: Your photos are in complete contrast to eachother (snow & desert ;)) but equally as beautiful! I can't wait to go to the snow, and EWS, your photos have definitely re-piqued my interest in Tunisia! :D

Thanks for sharing :)

All taken with my phone...

Path.JPG

the Path

cemetary.JPG

Hidden

Tiles.JPG

Down

self.JPG

Up

Taken with a dig cam...

shadow.jpg

Shadow

outsidein.jpg

Outside In

window.jpg

Inside Out

^
That inside out one is really nice. Also high fives for the car upgrade:)

This is my new weapon I bought last week for 300 Yen or $3.50.
gun1.jpg

....Loading...
gun2.jpg

...Firing...
gun3.jpg

Pixel Damage!!
gun4.jpg

=D

Last edited:
hello all !

:)

i luv photography SO SO SO VERY much and hope to buy a Digital SLR soon and document my lifestyle/travels linked to a website with ideas on (..sustainable living/meditation 4 world peace/yoga for world peace/nature appreciation/how to create your own rainforest area/ect/ect//ect... <quit pot a month ago and creative ideas are flowing like the creeks on the caldera !!?>

this is a little demo of some of my piccy's ... i would luv if someone could critique them .. as i am searching for alternative ways to present this beautiful earthy art that light has created ! ....

was thinking kind of bubbley style 3 dimensional print medium (like half and oval egg shaped thing ... i have lots of mandala's aswell that would be good in a circular format (everythig is square these days) ..anyone got a link to a good online print company that does something out of the ordinary when it comes to prints ?

also i am looking at getting the E-330 Olympus Digital SLR >..

a few people on here have the 350D .? was considering that option... can u reccomend highly ?? any help would be so lovely ..cheers

http://lifeoneearth.fotopic.net/c917505_1.html

:)

I know it's cheating since I didn't take it but I couldn't resist putting up this pic a friend of mine took in Venice :D

katiavenice1.jpg