• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

who's an amateur photographer here?? show your wares!!

Taken at TAMA Zoo in Tokyo...
PICT0259.jpg

Some random "oh thats cool" shots:
(some are shaky because i got a little pissed)

IMG_0008-1.jpg

Candle and Flowers

IMG_0013-3.jpg

Skyborn Sunset

IMG_0033-4.jpg

Tree Framed Sky

IMG_0049-6.jpg

Straight Line Fan

IMG_0055-11.jpg

Art Deco

IMG_0054-10.jpg

Art Deco Detail

IMG_0060-12.jpg

Red Wall 1

IMG_0062-13.jpg

Red Wall 2

some random photo's I've taken through out the years, mostly on a vintage Pentax K1000 and Canon AE-1. would love to take up photography again and start developing my own photos in a dark room... well dark room slash laundry.

onescreamingvoice.jpg

notinhername.jpg

forum.jpg

dualflags.jpg

feettouching.jpg

(quiet intimacy on the trains)

easyart.jpg

railinga.jpg

(cranberry tint) taken on the train... but my mind always thinks: bondage rings

pl4yer0ne said:
Some random "oh thats cool" shots:
(some are shaky because i got a little pissed)

IMG_0013-3.jpg

Skyborn Sunset

I absolutely love this photo!

For anyone that wants to see some AWESOME weather photography (and some breathtaking sunrise/sunset shots) check out:

The Brisbane Storm Chasers website. Amazing photos!

Dusk & Dawn are my favourite parts of the day, with a close second being at about 11pm; great for star-gazing! :)

see the world through pop popavich's eyes..

pop2ye.jpg

i consider this a waste..

vodka5ts.jpg

sunset at cottesloe last weekend..

sunset4mm.jpg

Raz, those photos are great. Where is that wall? The bottom left photo in the first post..

Here's a pic my bf took....He's not a bluelighter so I'll show off on his behalf. :)
13_00040small.jpg

This is posted on behalf of my BF,
I noticed that most people here are using digital camera.... spare a thought for the humble film SLR.
I still use a Nikon F80S SLR, and a F65 as a back-up camera. Instead of processing my film as prints I get the camera store to scan the negatives straight to disk so that I can take it home and crop and color correct to my hearts content on photoshop.
Sure, you may ask why I dont just go straight to digital if all I'm doing is scanning negitives in the first place. Well consider this.... If your serious about your image quality or you want to print your masterpieces in larger formats than the traditional 4x6inch photo having the means to get hi-res scans of your images is crucial. If for instance you have a 6.1mb res camera that's all the res you'll ever be able to get, which means that you can't really print much bigger than an A4size print, less if you crop the image. However taking a 35mm negative to a professional photo lab and asking for a high res scan (usually done on a drum scanner) should get you an image around the 32mb mark, offering huge scope for cropping options and bringing out the smallest details with great clarity. There's nothing worst than a potentially great image being ruined by pixelation.
Digital is great for snapping away and getting instant results and personally I'm still looking at getting a Nikon D100. I think film forces you to think more carefully about your composition, lighting and the content of the image. Digital cameras still have a long way to come before they truly compare to film cameras in the quality of image you can achieve at the lower end of the market. The best digital camera WILL achieve a 32mb res image.....but it also costs around $42,000 a piece. I picked up my F80 for $650 (second hand) and I think it's more than capable, with the right film of creating images of equal quality.........
So, spare a thought for film........ the digital revolution hasn't conquered this market just yet.....

I now do my printing at home as I bought an A4 to-the-edge 8-color printer. It's an Epson R800, ok it's been on the market for a while but it still very good. The problem I see in the future is if Epson pull out of manufacturing the inks for it, because the ink cartidges are built for this printer only!

To be honest, I don't have a need to print bigger than A4 and the local photo lab charges $17 a print in for their maximum size which is only 17" x 12". But I love the fact that I can take my digital SLR into an aquarium take photos in RAW mode without needing to use filters.

sting-ray@melbourne-aquarium.jpg

jellyfish@melbourne-aquarium.jpg

clownfish@melbourne-aquarium.jpg

fish@melbourne-aquarium.jpg

^^^ You found nemo ;)

I had a go at underwater photography when I went scuba diving in Jan last year... damn it's hard! My clown fish turned out rather blurry.

AlexMacktheKnife ... some great shots there, I really like the one anna quoted too!

This one's from the corner of George and Bridge St on Friday night:

georgest.jpg

Very cool photo kat. I just never seem to have my tripod with me when I really need it. Like the other day when I was up the top of the Rialto.

I bought a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens for ~$180 last weekend, I used it at the aquarium. It's so fast and cheap, but geez manual focusing is a bitch for fish. The fuckers just wouldn't stand still!

Hehe... that was the problem I found during the scuba diving photography ... the fishies kept moving and so did I... plus trying to remember not to breathe out when clicking, otherwise you get bubbles in shot.

These are a few pics i took of the setting sun in Thailand, firstly at 20x digital zoom, then the next one is at 32x digital zoom. I like them :) They're taken at a lower exposure as well (obviously ;))

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg