• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How strong is kratom compared to hydro/oxy...

^ Yes, if your receptors are already shot, it won't have much effect. What type were you trying?

theWorldWithin said:
Honestly blase I think the three day rule is treading on thin ice. Sure you may not fall into physical addiction but how long can you take two days off before you crack and become mentally addicted? All it takes is a shitty time in life to drive most otherwise responsible users to a pattern of overuse. This is even more dangerous with methadone because of the long half life. I would never even consider doing it more than once a week with no other opiate use if you wish to stay non-dependent. Then again that is just my personal opinion on the matter and not a definite time frame answer.

Worked for me for 6 months with oxy without breaking it, I was just know that oxy has a short half life, and using the 3-day rule for done might mean I still have a bit of done in my system, leading to a physical addiction.

I mean, I missed it a bit after the 6 months, but nothing I'd call W/D by a long measure.

I got the fine ground leaf. 8 grams brewed, strained, brewed again, strained and mixed was around the equivalent of 15mg hydro. 13g was similar to 30mg hydro. 25g was comparable to 50-60mg oxy.

After I came down from the 25g, I threw up. Yuck.

15 grams for me was like mabey 10-20mg oxycodone.. so it's relatively expensive comparatively.. its a good drug none the less.. start with 15grams if that doesnt work shoot for 30

Oh, keep in mind that the opium i was doing at the time may have had an effect on the activity of the receptors and whatnot.. also the IV heroin.. ^_^

I've done enormous amounts of kratom and never gotten a nod or anything of the like. It just puts me in a good mood when I don't have oxy or methadone. I shouldn't even say good mood. It allows me to get through my day and complete menial tasks without sweating profusely and aching like a UFC fighter.

My only opiate experience is in the form of codeine and poppy tea so my tolerance isn't that high. Kratom I've done a lot of and it's always given me something that the opiates don't. I get a warm glow with kratom and a huge love to be around people I like and extra sociability for anyone else. I've had what sounds like nodding on kratom yet still had the energy to walk around and think straight. Codeine and poppy tea (the tea especially) kind of give me a glow but are more likely to make me feel sleepy and end up sleeping. It makes their effect seem weaker to me than kratom.

ive grown very fond of kratom lately.

30g leaf gets me a nice warm buzz

50g leaf, fucking great, but puts me out pretty quick

I have alot of experience with oxy, hydro, and kratom (VERY high quality powdered leaf). First of all, alot of the Kratom out there sucks...you have to get it from a good source (don't PM me for sources...do some research). I used to use about 5 heaping teaspoons of the powder added to water and then I would chug the whole thing...grit and all. You can also just eat the powder and it works fine.

The effects: Kratom is somewhere between Darvocet and Hydrocodone in effect. It is not a satisfying opiate high at all. It has that empty feeling like if you take alot of Darvocet when you have no tolerance (though Darvocet no longer can get me high at all). Your head has a sort of opiate-like feeling, but no euphoria and not much body buzz to speak of. It can be nauseating even at low doses. It is a little more powerful than Darvocet, which is why I said it is between that and hydro. There is a mood lift that can make you want to talk to people, but as I said earlier...not much euphoria. Kratom is a good thing to have if you are withdrawing from a mild habit. It can calm the nerves in that case. If you want something recreational, IMO just skip Kratom. Most Kratom users are looking for a legal opiate high because they have no access to the real deal. In that case, I always recommend buying poppy seeds and making tea with them (search to find out about this). That DOES work and does give you a decent high. Plus it is completely legal to buy poppy seeds anywhere in the US.

Folks, 7 Hydroxy mitragynine is morphine potency. Easy to make from mitragynine & lead acetate, but you do end up with 2 isomers and NO, the lead doesn't end up in the product if you not dumb... I love the quotes on the places selling it saying how difficult it is to convert so they can defend the massive prices...It will get a)cheap b)common c)banned IMHO.

H, have you tried 7-HO-Mitragynine?

It might be potent, but I haven't read a single thing about it that makes it of any interest...

I've smoked 7 acetoxy mitragynine. Not as good as morphine, but sure stopped opiate withdrawal. There was little flash or euphoria so it will probably be a good canidate for future pain-meds.

haribo1 said:
It will get a)cheap b)common c)banned IMHO.

Doubt it. Theres no reason for it. Heroin already has that market covered (and in 10,000 times better as a drug) and no one is going to switch over unless there are serious advantages...which there aren't.

I think it will get so cheap that people will use it when they cannot afford to score. Dihydrocodeine is sold on the streets of the UK for 50p to 1 quid per 30mg. A junkie needs 5-6 to stop withdrawal (I mean someone using 150milligrams a day of actual diamorphine).
Also, doesn't the US ban first, think later?

Methadone is a bitch and in the US there is little flexibility in treatment. In the UK, we get people onto buprenorphine as soon as we can. The work on methadone is from the 60s and some of it is plain wrong. &-OH should help. Try losing 10mg and take 10mg of 7 hydroxy. If you can get your methadone down, you can switch to buprenorphine.

If you stick to your daily dose and star low with the kratom there should be no problem. When I was a regular opiate/opioid user I enjoyed very high doses of kratom (in excess of 1oz normal leaf). Of course when you dose this high you are going to get extremely nauseous, so I usually took promethazine which adds some sedation to the usually slightly stimulatory nature of the kratom high.

If you dose high enough there is an unmistakable opiated warmth and euphoria. Unfortunately there are major hurdles to achieving this euphoria: namely the vile taste of kratom and the nausea associated with high doses.