• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Oxidation: Is Food Really So Fragile?

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Re: the health food shop machine that crushes peanuts... hello did you read my post? That's what I referred to when I said "some health food shops grind up raw unsalted peanuts and sell them in tubs"! My mum works in a health food shop, you're not telling me anything. So you still don't think this paste tastes like peanuts?

No. It really doesn't taste the same as peanuts :\ that's why I mentioned it.

I have been talking about unsalted whole peanuts the whole time, and salted peanut butter the whole time. That however is irrelevant, because I think that salted peanuts taste like salted peanut butter.

^ Edit: for Tritoch

sorry, I actually deleted that just after you quoted it (just a little too late!). It came across a bit ruder than I intended :) Fair enough then, we'll agree to disagree on the PB ;)

Do you have magic powers Strawberry lovemuffin? It says you're offline and yet you're making posts.

Yes! I am magical, mystical Wizard Strawberry. I have this spell where I click on "User CP" and select "Appear Offline"! Oh, and then I drink the blood of a goat and light some patchouli candles. Try it!

goat blood sucked straight from a live goat mind you. We can't have oxidised blood......wait...

What do you think happens to meat when it's cooked? According to this article it oxidizes. LOL.

the heat causes protiens to break their weaker bonds, causing them to rearrange into other aminoacids. Heat cuases saturated fats to liquify. Heat causes cell walls to break, which releases moisture.

thats what heat does to meat.

Heated meat also has the benefit of tasting a hell of a lot better than raw meat. Sans sushi... yummm....