• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Guide to Inject Meth

jeof0411

Greenlighter
Hi guys,
New here so forgive me if this is the wrong section to post this... I suffer from extreme retardation when it comes to choosing which forum a topic belongs in.

Anyways... I have some pretty random drug information (mostly related to meth) on my website and I made an injection "how to" page that was specifically geared towards meth. For the most part I tried to go based on things that I can remember being confused, worried, concerned about when I first started banging. It, by no means, contains 100% everything you ever needed to know about slamming, but I tried to get the basics across in an understandable way.

I've been pretty impressed with the quality of discussions I've seen here so far and would appreciate any non-cruel/constructive feedback. It's only two pages.. well you can see for yourself: [edit - link contained offsite links that we don't endorse]

(Warning: If you are easily offended by anything gay, sexual, crude, or moronic please do not explore too many other links on my site or my blog... especially if you are underage. You will be safe if you stick to the drugs section, I think.)

Last edited by a moderator:
the injection guide is great, it taught me alot. it taught me that i dont want to shoot meth and that snorting is just fine. but its some great info for people just starting out. thanx dude, good site.

Cool site and nice guide. You seem like a cool guy!

One problem though: bottled water is not an ideal source of injection water. I'd rate boiled tap water over bottled water. Please mention that all water from non-sterile sources should be boiled. When ever I shoot, I put my water (usually from a bottle) into the microwave in a cup with a plate over the top and nuked it for 4 minutes.

Bottled water is a known source for bacteria that is known to cause endocarditis (the inflammation and infection of the lining of the heart and/or the heart valves - ie. the endocardium). The bacteria responsible are of the "Pseudomonas" genus. Endocarditis can be DEADLY, it is a very real threat!

Maybe you could mention that endocarditis is also caused by IV users licking the needle before inserting it. It's caused by a group of organisms that I can't remember the name of (nor is it important in this context). The mouth is the most dirty party of the body, I can't fathom why users would lick their pins before jabbing themselves.

PubMed - Antibiotic-resistant Pseudomonas in bottled drinking water
Information about Pseudomonas

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the comments guys. (anyone else who reads after this can still feel free to comment as well)

ketaman- that's probably a very smart decision. i don't mean the information on my site to encourage anyone to inject. I don't mean to discourage or judge anyone either.... mostly because I think it's pretty useless to do so. If someone is searching on the internet for information about shooting up they probably already have a pretty good idea whether or not they are going to do it. thanks for the compliment, though. :)

Ataxia- Thanks alot! I don't know how cool I am, but I try not to be too big of a goon. I really appreciate the heads up on bottled water. I had no idea that most bottled water contained more bacteria than tap water... scary. I will change that soon and I think I'll totally remove bottled water from the list. Even though it could be sterilized I don't see any point in starting out with water that is more likely to be contaminated. I wish I could remember where I read that so I could send them an email as well. Anyways, stuff like this is the whole reason I posted to ask for suggestions. As for the licking thing, It's not something I've ever really seen. I suppose because meth tastes like rancid ass. I would have never even thought to mention it because (mistakenly) I assume people know their mouths are dirty. One thing I have seen that bothers me is people who will lick the injection spot after they hit. I'll add something about that too. Thanks again.

Red Haze- Why do you say that saline is better than water? I was under the impression that either was fine... but that it's easier to dissolve drugs in something with less salinity.

what you want to do is insert the needle tip about halfway into the cotton ball in your spoon taking care not to brush it against the spoon.

I never insert the tip of the needle into the cotton, I always rest the beveled side of needle down ontop of the cotton and apply slight pressure. When you are pushing the tip of the needle into the cotton ball you increase the chances of dislodging or sucking up a lone cotton fiber into barrel of the syringe which can lead to 'cotton fever'.

Red Haze- Why do you say that saline is better than water? I was under the impression that either was fine... but that it's easier to dissolve drugs in something with less salinity.

Saline solution is more sterile than tap water or bottled water. The more sterile the better I assume. I've never shot up meth, but saline solution works great when I shoot up coke.

Yeah, sterile is better... that's a given. What I meant was why would you say that sterile saline is better than sterile water?

Jeof - this is a very good resource. The photos are excellent and descriptions easy to understand. I have two quibbles - one minor, one less so:

The minor quibble - why not have photos of self injection? Shooting yourself is a different process to doing someone else - it is also safer from an infection control standpoint.

The major quibble - you don't mention blood borne virus prevention (Hep B, Hep C and HIV) anywhere in either the injecting guide or your table covering routes of administration (on your meth page). This is a major oversight IMO.

BUT generally good work :)

Hi ayjay.
ayjay said:
why not have photos of self injection?
There actually is a picture of self injection. On the second page I showed two pictures. One is of a person injecting themselves to show how to hold the syringe and the angle at which to enter. The other is of someone else administering which I included for two reasons. First, it gave a much better view of the available veins than any I could find of self injection and also I just wanted to show both ways.
ayjay said:
The major quibble - you don't mention blood borne virus prevention (Hep B, Hep C and HIV) anywhere in either the injecting guide or your table covering routes of administration (on your meth page)
Read a little closer... I can see where you might miss it, but I did mention it. The quote below is from the second section on the first page and also explains why i don't go into more detail.
"finally, and i am not going to harp on this issue because i hope you have enough common sense to realize it, but when you share needles with someone there is a very large chance that you will now share the same diseases. think about it: their blood will mix with your's and any blood-bourne viruses such as hiv, will also be transferred."

The purpose of using saline for injection over water is that it is of proper isomolarity when compared to bodily fluids, and it won't disrupt your electrolyte balances, which water can. It has nothing to do with it sterility.

Ghettotastic_bong said:
The purpose of using saline for injection over water is that it is of proper isomolarity when compared to bodily fluids, and it won't disrupt your electrolyte balances, which water can. It has nothing to do with it sterility.
I can appreciate that concern when you are talking about giving someone a medicine over a period of time by IV, but is that actually going to make a difference when we are only talking about 1cc max of solution?

^
Realistically, the effects will be minimal, as electrolytes are pretty tightly controled by anyone with a reasonably well functioning set of kidneys.

However, irratation to the local tissues, especially in situations of a missed shot, could prove more troublesome. Using tap water simply adds additional risk factors to an already unsafe procedure, as no obvious benefit arise from it's use.

Cool jeof - I obviously skimmed it a bit and missed your reference to needle sharing. Don't forget that hepatitis C is a lot more virulent than HIV and can be transmitted by sharing spoons, tourniquets, filters and anything else that might get blood on it (including your fingers). Hepatitis B is even more infectious again, but at least you can get a vaccination for it. You can download a very good report by the Australian Drug Users' Organisation (AIVL) from their website www.aivl.org.au on speed and hep C risks ("Psychostimulant users and hep C"

As far as saline having the right electrolyte balance - this becomes academic when you dissolve another salt in it (namely - your drugs). But it is sometimes easier to obtain sterile saline, and easier to make up a reason for purchasing it ("my dog has conjunctivitis" etc), compared to "sterile water for injection"...

As far as tap water - it really varies by location. Where I live, the tap water is very high quality and generally no problem for injection - especially when you are only using 30-40 units (a couple of drops, really). Bottled water, particularly if not treated with chlorine, is quite likely to have a higher bacterial count than the tap water.

we are lucky in australia, you can go to a chemist and for 5 bucks you get 5 syringes and needles, filters, swabs and 5 small vials of saline solution for injection.

People still use syringes with detachable needles?? Would be nice to have easier access to filters and the sterile water/saline packs. Unfortunately, even when you go to the pharmacy in a state where you DON'T need a prescription and ask for syringes 4 out of 5 times you will AT LEAST get a dirty look. Unless you look like a fine upstanding republican christian (which I can actually pull off sometimes) you can expect to get all kinds of questions, asked for your ID, and in some places flat out refused. Even though it's against the law in some states for them NOT to sell you at least 10 syringes there are pharmacists who are just assholes and they are pretty sure you aren't going to get the cops involved.
Most of them won't flat out refuse them, but they will try to make you uncomfortable enough that you don't come back. ie: They will ask if you have a prescription or if you also buy your insulin through them. They will ask you what kind of insulin you use. They will talk to you in a very condescending tone where other people can hear and remind you that you can only purchase 10 or 20.
That's part of the reason to order them online... $15 bucks for a box of 100. No questions at all if you live in a legal state.

-=ReD-hAzE=- said:
A sterile saline solution would be best though.

I always wondered, do you just use sterile saline solution or is there a special kind for injection? All the brands I've seen are for contact lenses or other non-injecting purposes. But shit, saline solution is saline solution, right? Well, I injected it anyway, and I'm fine.

Hi ayjay.

There actually is a picture of self injection. On the second page I showed two pictures. One is of a person injecting themselves to show how to hold the syringe and the angle at which to enter. The other is of someone else administering which I included for two reasons. First, it gave a much better view of the available veins than any I could find of self injection and also I just wanted to show both ways.

Read a little closer... I can see where you might miss it, but I did mention it. The quote below is from the second section on the first page and also explains why i don't go into more detail.
"finally, and i am not going to harp on this issue because i hope you have enough common sense to realize it, but when you share needles with someone there is a very large chance that you will now share the same diseases. think about it: their blood will mix with your's and any blood-bourne viruses such as hiv, will also be transferred."

Hey can you please post the link for me? Thankyou!