• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Placidyl

brainiacthemaniac said:
I read in Blender Magazine that this is what killed Jimi Hendrix, and not Heroin...

Jimi Hendrix didn't die from Heroin or Placidyl, he died in his vomit after a barbituate overdose.

I must correct my post..The August 2005 Issue of Blender USA, Page 84 says "Jimi Hendrix overdoses on a mixture of alcohol, amphetamines, downers, tranquilizers and a prescription drug, Vesparax. He chokes to death on his own vomit."

Vesparax (150 mg secobarbital, 50 mg brallobarbital, 50 mg hydroxyzine): Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1983;16 Suppl 1:167S-171S

Jasoncrest is exactly right. I stand corrected...

edit: wanted to include this link, this is apparently the story behind his death. Sorry didnt mean to hijack the thread.

http://verify.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2092-1714730,00.html

Last edited:
jasoncrest said:
Jimi Hendrix didn't die from Heroin or Placidyl, he died in his vomit after a barbituate overdose.

I heard that too, that he died in a pool of his own vomit. Those damn rock stars and their going over-the-top with everything... Do you have any idea how long it would take to fill a POOL with VOMIT?

Well, Vesparax contains 2 pretty potent barbiturates, so this could indeed be what did Jimi in...

Lots of rock stars, other types of musicians, and actors/actresses abused or became addicted to Placidyl in the 1970s.

Placidyl (Ethchlorvynol). Green Meanies, Pickles, whatever you want to call them, there's no denying that Ethchlorvynol was a strong med. Now, being too young to have tried Placidyl myself, and given the fact that it was pulled off the market by Abbott in 1999, and in generic form by Banner Pharmacaps, it's not going to be easy to track down.

So, I'm asking some of the people that were fortunate enough to be able to live in a time where Placidyl was both easy to get, and sought after. I want to get some more info on this delicious looking (well not literally delicious, to my understanding it had a strong vinyl/benzene-like taste) Great Sedative of the Seventies. Also to my understanding, is that the thing about Placidyl, was that it had a knee-buckling rush once the outer capsule dissolved. I would't mind a few 750 mg greenies, hell even the 500 mg red Placidyls would be nice, hell even the 100-200 mg spherical 'kickers' would be good. I like the idea of a ridiculously strong downer with a rush. Don't those capsules just look so tempting....
Too young to have ever seen those, but I just had to comment on your signature quote. Don’t ask me why it made me laugh as hard as it did, but I found it hilarious 😂😂😂 (the one about Dawn)

Placidyl (Ethchlorvynol). Green Meanies, Pickles, whatever you want to call them, there's no denying that Ethchlorvynol was a strong med. Now, being too young to have tried Placidyl myself, and given the fact that it was pulled off the market by Abbott in 1999, and in generic form by Banner Pharmacaps, it's not going to be easy to track down.

So, I'm asking some of the people that were fortunate enough to be able to live in a time where Placidyl was both easy to get, and sought after. I want to get some more info on this delicious looking (well not literally delicious, to my understanding it had a strong vinyl/benzene-like taste) Great Sedative of the Seventies. Also to my understanding, is that the thing about Placidyl, was that it had a knee-buckling rush once the outer capsule dissolved. I would't mind a few 750 mg greenies, hell even the 500 mg red Placidyls would be nice, hell even the 100-200 mg spherical 'kickers' would be good. I like the idea of a ridiculously strong downer with a rush. Don't those capsules just look so tempting....
I was told that Quaaludes had a rush or euphoria for some people when taken alone without any other drugs. Someone else I know who took a lude in the mid 1970s said how it made them feel as though they were super drunk, no real major euphoria, and smoking weed on it made everything slow down, and they would black out if they took too many ludes or drank on them.

When I was a teen I wanted ludes badly; but Pill Cosby hoarded them all! Doctors were hesitant to prescribe them; but they gave out Dexedrine/Amphetamines, benzodiazapines, and pharmaceutical opiates like candy.

I had a drug buddy who was seeing a doctor or psychiatrist for mental health/substance abuse issues, and he told him how he had abused/used lots of cocaine and MDMA, and this guy would spend any/all money he had as a teen/young adult working a part time job on MDMA, coke, and weed, and I guess he went into debt to drug dealers or would steal from his family?

The psychiatrist/doctor says, "Oh you must have ADD/ADHD, and you were self medicating with the coke and MDMA. Here's a script for Adderall/Dexedrine!" *facepalm* Of course my friend became addicted to Dexedrine, and relapsed on coke, started smoking crack, and injecting coke, started abusing alcohol and became addicted to it, and he went from taking oxycodone pills every so often on weekends to injecting heroin and shooting oxy. I hope he is still alive, and that he's well if he is.

Last edited:
Its a sedative-hypnotic like chloral hydrate and amylene hydrate, basically an anesthetic taken by mouth.

Fancy having a liter of ethchlorvynol.

I wonder if Placidyl was better than Qualuude??
differnt high ..but 2 750's with pin holes was an awesome high.. ludes were the ultimate..fast acting ..short term.. tingling numbing and never may care...i'd say the 'dills were more like sodium secobarital in length of high and effect

differnt high ..but 2 750's with pin holes was an awesome high.. ludes were the ultimate..fast acting ..short term.. tingling numbing and never may care...i'd say the 'dills were more like sodium secobarital in length of high and effect
Did you stab the Placidyl pills with pins to open up the capsuels so the drug would work faster? Or do you mean combining them with an opiate like Darvocet, heroin, codeine, or morphine? It is super dangerous to do this, many people have died or almost died from combining or mixing downers, but people do what they want.