• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Fentanyl vs Heroin

I agree with blah. I've never gotten any fentanyl patches or lollies or anything, but i've gotten quite a few batches of dope i knew were fentanyl and not #4. It really sucks too, because you're used to a certain quality of dope, and you know your tolerance and what's out on the street, and everytime you get something new, you're always careful, but you pretty much know how many bags it'll take to get off.

When you first get a batch of fentanyl, you think it's great at first, you rush really hard on your first hit, but there's something missing, it just doesn't feel right, you feel like you're getting really high, but something just never comes through and leaves you hanging. Then, after the rush, the high just sin't there, you're not sick, and you know you've shot something, and you're confused as to why you don't feel right. Then, after a few hours, whatever semblance of a dope high(definitely not a nod) you were clinging onto finally fades away, and you're left right back where you started.

At some point, probably after the second shot produces the same effects, you realize that you spent the only money you'll be able to get until Monday on what you though was enough dope to ration through the weekend, but was actually enough fentanyl to last you through the morning. Now you have to start thinking about how you're gona be able to cop again to keep the sick off through the weekend. It was terrible, there was a whole week once where it was all i could get, every spot and guy I knew had the same shit. I'm not dissing fentanyl, as i said I've never had anything from a pharmacy, but when you've got a real bad habit and you're not expecting to get it, it really sucks, because not only does it not quite scratch that itch that you're angling for, it runs out way too fast... and that's real bad when you're on a budget and you've gotta keep the sick off.

jr0k

hehehe - i never tried heroin, but i used fentanyl medically(till i got allergic to the patches - aaarg!) and i thought id point out that its designed to not give that "soul" high, to reduce the risk/possibility of psycological addiction as well as physical dependance.
If you want "soul", fentanyl is probably not for you - although different people get a different reaction - i spent the first three weeks falling asleep all the time - great as im insommniac most of the time hehehe but very little"high"-not that ive tried any other form than the patches tho - shuder, gives me the willies to think of trying to get something THAT strong from people who may not(or, indeed, may!)know what theyre doing to it!
be carefull peeps!

gel out of the patches orally gets me higher than H when snorted, i nod harder on fentanyl, it lasts longer than H, it feels cleaner than H, but i would rather take a few bags of heroin over a patch, heroin just seems a tad bit more euphoric. Im not saying heroin is better than fentanyl though, i just prefer heroin. Sorry if this doesnt make sense.

H wins, hands down. I didn't find fentanyl all that euphoric, but it had me nodding like rhinos on benzos, i shit you not. Dope is just longer lasting, more euphoric...better all around.

And psychetool, LOL at "I haven't taken fentanyl, but I have taken methadone which is pretty similar." Not even close. (Well they're both opiates, but the similarities pretty much end there, IMO.)

Okay, suppose you had an unlimited, cheap supply of pure fentanyl and H (if it were legal it wouldn't cost much), would this change your preference?

If LSD were legal it could be manufactured for pennies a dose.

i used to smoke pure fent for like a year. like smoking an amount of smoke you cant even see almost is nice....its so fast and smooth.

but the high of heroin is far better than fent. fent when you're doing it everyday especially almost becomes just like a benzo that knocks you out into a nod. no euphoria. and then you try to chace what shred of euphoria fent does have... and that gets you an OD

i used to smoke pure fent for like a year. like smoking an amount of smoke you cant even see almost is nice....its so fast and smooth.

but the high of heroin is far better than fent. fent when you're doing it everyday especially almost becomes just like a benzo that knocks you out into a nod. no euphoria. and then you try to chace what shred of euphoria fent does have... and that gets you an OD

From what i have read fent just scares me so I will stick to normall H

Heroin anyday of the week. [Simply a better recreational or abusable drug]

Fentanyl - "heroin without the soul" No scratching, but no profound dreams either and it's pretty shortlasting unless your tolerance is low and you wear a 36hr time release patch. Plus it's so damned potent that if someone fucks up the cut, it's absurdly easy to take a hotshot. You usually know that there's a big batch of alpha-methyl-fentanyl on the street because you see news stories about big clusters of ODs. In my book, there's no real substitute for God's Own Medicine... and that ain't something that comes from a test tube but from the honest old poppy!

Fentanyl does not have the quality of euphoria associated with good heroin [CW #4] Nice white feels like Heroin, perfect Heroin...To me, Fentanyl feels like a very powerful synthetic imitation of Heroin, but the organic smack warmth was missing. This might sound blasphemous, but Fentanyl is like Heroin without a Soul.

this. I was gonna say heroin without the soul too, I remember hearing that somewhere. fent is just pure oblivion, youre too unconscious to be conscious of any euphoria. i used to nod on fent into these super awkward positions, way worse than with dope, because it puts you out so fast you never see it coming.

Good Heroin is more euphoric, safer, and longer lasting.

Fent is a good additive to OK H to give it a little umph, but overall it's too fuckin dangerous, not euphoric enough, and has no legs to speak of.

I think "H without a soul" is fairly accurate. It can be dangerous - very dangerous - especially if you slam it. But definitely less itching, whether or not you like the itch is personal preference but that means whoever cuts it is less likely to include Benadryl, which can be good since long term use of that class of antihistamines can be bad for your brain. The lucid, wild dreams from heroin are *way* better. I'm not even sure fent causes dreams in most people. But I think both fent and heroin have equivalent effects on depression (eg emotional pain). In my experience, withdrawals from snorting are much less intense than from snorting heroin. Like almost mild enough to not need prescription comfort meds - higher blood pressure, mild nausea, a little diarrhea easily fixed with imodium, slightly sweaty sleep but no insomnia (at least not bad insomnia). Even with snorting, the effect is shorter, maybe half the time - four hours instead of eight at the beginning, 2-3 hours once hooked instead of 4-6 from heroin that I observed.

One thing that makes it more dangerous than heroin, in addition to it being so difficult to accurately cut to an appropriate dose comparable to a bag of heroin, is that it seems to interact with other depressants more strongly than heroin. I could drink fairly heavily with heroin and not feel like I was endangering myself. With fent, I could still drink but much less without feeling uncontrollably sleepy (which, in addition to being dangerous isn't something I enjoy). I don't like other depressants, so I haven't mixed in benzos or anything like that, but I've heard other reports that mixing fent with benzos is extremely risky. Mixing benzos and heroin isn't recommended, but it's less dangerous.

As far as which I personally prefer, it depends. If I was managing controlled use, I'd definitely prefer heroin because I think the quality of the high is better. But if I were dependent, I think I'd prefer fentanyl if I had a dependable source who understood the importance of getting the cut right, and assuming the mild withdrawals I experienced are typical for non-IV users. I was definitely uncomfortable, but I probably could have even gone to a job interview just doubling up my normal blood pressure meds and taking a half-dozen imodiums, instead of the gabapentin or benzos, Zofran, and clonidine needed for heroin withdrawals.

Beggers can’t be choosers, I’d take either right now. I don’t care what my dood has this morning as long as it takes this awful fucking feeling away. GPS: 11 mins. Uuugghh.