• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Getting Your Wisdom Teeth Pulled

when i got mine out, they initially sent me home with darvocet which is SHIT. my mom called them an hour or so after i got home because i had taken 3 of them and was still sobbing on the floor in pain. then they only gave me vicodin. so definitely don't get your hopes up and whatever they give you probably won't be strong enough. when you're really in pain, nothing seems to be strong enough. good luck - maybe you'll be better off than i was

I got 18 percoDANs . (yeah, the ones with aspirin, the anticouagulant...don't know why they would do that). After listening in the waiting room, and after my brother went to the same dr., I discovered that 18 percodans was the standard RX for that particular dr.

I've known some ppl that only received flubiprofen (Ansaid). However, as one of these ppl discovered, if they called back and complained, they would get 20 hydro 5/500's.

I've known others that have gotten demerol, hydro 5's, hydro 7.5's, OC 10's, liquid lortab 7.5/500 per 5ml, and any number of worthless anti imflammatories.

It's kinda hit and miss, but if you do end up with ibuprofen, ultram, or darvocet, chances are good that if you call (at least, if yer in the US) you will at least get some lortab 5's.

Oh, and for a follow up, the 18 percodans were more then enough to get me through the pain. (I didn't have the presence of mind at the time to call in and complain more.)

I cant believe some of your guys pain from your teeth being pulled. I know everyones pain tolerance is different but I thought getting my wisdoms pulled was a piece of cake. I didnt have any pain and i was on T3. I guess their are really shitty dentists out there.

What's the big deal with getting Oxys? I would be equal happy if I got Percocets. Percocets are also oxycodone (though with acetaminophen). I would just CWE the acetaminophen out and enjoy. ;)

Survival0200 said:
What's the big deal with getting Oxys? I would be equal happy if I got Percocets. Percocets are also oxycodone (though with acetaminophen). I would just CWE the acetaminophen out and enjoy.

Because APAP is disgusting and a CWE on 18 pills isn't really worth it IMO.

I haven't gone back to get my other three pulled yet, but all my demerol and hydro was definitely gone a week or so ago. I just added it in with the regular oxy/benzo combo and nodded a good bit harder. Speaking of dry socket, I wasn't even aware of this. I didn't even know it could happen. The dentist didn't talk with me about it at all. I was smoking a blunt a couple hours after I got mine pulled. I smoked weed/ciggs daily every day afterwards and had no problems whatsoever.

Now that I've read up on it I see that it can be quite the problem (and already have plans in the works for faking dry socket next time). I'll be a little more cautious when I get my next three pulled, but I just wanted to share that I smoked out after I got one of mine taken out and it didn't affect me in the least. Not recommending it at all, just sharing experience.

i had a problem with dry socket when i got my wisdom teeth pulled. The dentist put me on 7.5 loratabs 30 of them with a refill. And i called him and got one more refill. So everything worked out ok.

But i just put on a act for the last refill. He was ok with it though.

Peace

i got a dry socket and that was the start of my opiate addiction

paradoxcycle said:
^DO NOT SMOKE!

"Dry socket" occurs when the blood clot is lost from an extraction site prematurely. Basically, the blood clot in the socket serves the same two functions as a "scab" on a skin surface cut. First, it assists in the cessation of bleeding and second, it protects underlying structures during the healing process. Like the child who "picks at a scab" the area heals in time but is painful for far longer than if the "scab" had been left alone. It's called a "dry socket" because the hole, or socket, that the tooth used to fit into becomes dry.

When the blood clot is lost before the underlying structres have had time to heal, bone is exposed to the oral environment along with fine nerve endings.
This is exquisitely painful
and will last about a week.

yep i couldnt resist smoking some weed on top of the lortabs they were feeding me and voila!!! DRY SOCKET TIME BABY :( ouch ouch ouch

paradoxcycle said:
I seriously doubt you will get anything stronger than hydrocodone. Hell, my brother got Tylenol 3.

I also got Tylenol 3s...it sucked...and there were only enough of them to last me 3 days...I wanted oxys.

I just had 4 wisdom teeth taken out, and they perscribed me with OC 10s but only gave me 10 of them, harsh deal.

B240C said:
i think the major problem here is that yall are thinking in the mindset of "they gave me ***" instead of "i got ***"

if you just accecpt what they hook you up with ofcourse youre not gonna get anything good....you gotta keep digging. you think that gold was found on the surface? fuck no, they had to dig in a mountain to find the good shit :D

A-fucking-men to that!

i had my wisdom teeth removed a little bit before thanksgiving

only the lower ones, i got 5mgoxycodones (to 325mg APAP) its one hell of a big pill if your going to blow it, kind of a letdown

my friend had upper and lower removed and got 35mgoxycodone perkasets, now those were nasty

I had this done just last week. I got prescribed 20 percocets @ 5mg. That stuff is not bad first time i obtained it. I did a cold water extraction to get the acetaminophen out so i could snort some, that worked out alright. I like poppy tea more though. Its been a week after the op and i have to go back to the denstist, i think my pain will still be present so ill have to complain ;)

I have to get all four of mine pulled in a few weeks. To prevent dry sockets how long should I wait until I smoke?