• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Getting Your Wisdom Teeth Pulled

LOL. Funny this thread keeps coming up and I just happened to start getting my wisdom teeth pulled. Man I have a story to tell.

I went to get them pulled from the family dentist and after being there 35 minutes, he has to leave for an emergency. At this point I'm already in the chair, but have to get up to leave. He sincerely apologizes and refers me to a close friend of his who is also a dentist. This is AFTER he wrote me a script for 30 Lorcet 7.5/650's.

I leave all excited and happy that I just pulled off 30 free hydros. I get to the next dentist office and my turn comes up. They tell me that they normally don't extract wisdom teeth in the afternoon, but they're doing it for me because my regular dentist had an emergency or whatever. They explain that they only have time to pull one today, but that it's important that the 1 comes out and they schedule another appointment for the other three. They tell me they're going to put me to sleep and when I wake up it'll be out.

He pokes me with a butterfly syringe and starts prepping a shot. I asked him what exactly I was going to be given (as he's already starting to administer the IV) and he says it's going to make me feel a little goofy. I asked what it was called and he casually says "Oh, just a little versed/demerol combination". Not wanting to sound like a complete crackhead, but also giddy as fuck, I sat there until I nodded out. I love versed. :)

I wake up and there is no pain whatsoever. I'm still uber fucked from the versed and the demerol. He said they needed to give me a little higher dose than usual, but that everything went ok. Maybe the fact that I was bingeing with benzos for a week beforehand had something to do with it. Anyways, I hear one of the assistants talking to the dentist about scripting me darvocet (mind you this is right when I first woke up and I was still pretty fucked up) and I called her into the room to tell her that I've taken darvocet previously for other things and it has never helped me whatsoever.

The dentist comes back in the room, tells me that he'll take care of me, and on my way out he hands me four scripts. I look down and one is an antibiotic, another is 800mg Ibuprofens, another 30 hydro 7.5/650's, and lastly a 30 count script for Mepergan (Demerol) capsules. So now I have 60 hydro 7.5/650's and 30 demerol caps, and this is only for ONE of my wisdom teeth! I can't wait to go get the others taken out. This dentist fucking rocks. The best part about this is I've tried not taking any of the meds and I have no real pain to speak of. Just a buncha free opiates. I didn't think getting teeth pulled could be this good :)

quote: Anyways, I hear one of the assistants talking to the dentist about scripting me darvocet (mind you this is right when I first woke up and I was still pretty fucked up) and I called her into the room to tell her that I've taken darvocet previously for other things and it has never helped me whatsoever.

that part of your story had me cracking up. I can imagine all the possible excuses running through your head that you were gonna feed them, or did you have one ready?

I'm a doctor.
I can get you drugs.
You shouldn't be hanging out with these--
these thugs, these criminals.
You can come to me.

- Heroin?

No. Heroin I-- I can't get. But Darvocet
I can get in enormous quantities.

-Darvocet?
-What do I look like, a housewife?

jr0k said:
I'm a doctor.
I can get you drugs.
You shouldn't be hanging out with these--
these thugs, these criminals.
You can come to me.

- Heroin?

No. Heroin I-- I can't get. But Darvocet
I can get in enormous quantities.

-Darvocet?
-What do I look like, a housewife?

what's the from? Man i'll never forget when I had to resort to darvs for a week....WRETCH

I severely doubt oxy would be precribed for such a small operation. I had my wisdom teeth out last year and I was given Panedine Forte (codeine). And they did nothing due to heavy opiate addiction.

The cost of a surgical operation is far steeper than street prices for anything you are describing. And Yes I know insurance is probably paying for it. Either way I had little to no pain after having all 4 of mine pulled and I found ibuprofen to do the trick. I think I still filled the scripts for the narcotics though ;)

@RiseFromRuin - Schizopolis -- Stephen Soderbegh's first(??? I think?) movie.

The dentist character's heroin addict brother is asking him to help him in some scheme to get morphine or something... I thought it fit, darvocet sucks. I've got bottles and bottles of it left from after the second surgery to fix my broken jaw, when the doctor was afraid to even give me vics aymore. Of course by that time I was way into dope, but that's another story.

so i finally got my wisdom teeth pulled today... and my dentist only prescribed me a lousy ass 12 pill script for vicoprofen. i am really contemplating smoking but im not sure that its worth the risk of getting a dry socket...

Anyone have experience with dry sockets or just smoking after a wisdom tooth extraction?

thanks

Acute alveolar osteitis

^DO NOT SMOKE!

"Dry socket" occurs when the blood clot is lost from an extraction site prematurely. Basically, the blood clot in the socket serves the same two functions as a "scab" on a skin surface cut. First, it assists in the cessation of bleeding and second, it protects underlying structures during the healing process. Like the child who "picks at a scab" the area heals in time but is painful for far longer than if the "scab" had been left alone. It's called a "dry socket" because the hole, or socket, that the tooth used to fit into becomes dry.

When the blood clot is lost before the underlying structres have had time to heal, bone is exposed to the oral environment along with fine nerve endings. This is exquisitely painful and will last about a week.

^I concur with the above very sound advice, as it happened to me. I smoked after tooth extraction and got dry socket; the pain was unbelievable and to make matters worse, I had to return to the dentist for him to re-cut the wound and introduce blood back to the socket. You don't want to go through this.

I think smoking can cause dry socket via the pulling suction of dragging on a cig--it pulls the clot out, and you most likely swallow it unknowingly. Yummy.

devildude

In Scandinavia it's a common thing to get ibuprofen 600 mg or 800 mg after wisd om teeth getting pulled. Some lucky ones get hydrocodone overseas. It's really rare to get even codein here or ethylmorphine.

If you're in pain after 48 hours or so, call the doc back up and tell him you are still in severe pain, and he will call you in some more narcotics.

working in the medical field.. perc 5's X 20 are the "typical" dosage/script for wisdom teeth removal.. but just as anything goes.. all depends on the Dr.

Yea doctors are idiots. I didnt even get Oxy Contin and i had 2 ribs broken and my sternum fractured. HORRIBLE pain im in right now. I did get Norcos though so I shouldnt be complaining too much

OCjunky said:
Yea doctors are idiots. I didnt even get Oxy Contin and i had 2 ribs broken and my sternum fractured. HORRIBLE pain im in right now. I did get Norcos though so I shouldnt be complaining too much

LMAO, I got hit by a car and the ER sent me home with TWO Roxicodone.

Thats fuckin ridiculous, id like to see them get hit by a car. Theyd be beggin for fentanyl . Doctors are just such dicks, hydro is a nice fuckin high but i want some damn hydroMORPHONE you know haha

Ive heard that dentists are some of the worst over prescribers in the game.

they dont know much bout painkillers. so they eithe give you some shitty shitty script or a really good oe cuz they dont knwo no beter.

readin articles about OC's n such they basically said out of anyone whose gonna overprescribe or overcompensate it sprolly gonna be a dentist.

But that was a few years ago before Oxyfever hit and everyone got scared to Rx it even to chronic acute pain patients.....:\

Im suposed to get all 4 of mines out at some point too.....*hopes*

in voice of medical personnel - pain is the fifth vital sign

pain is subjective ...measurable and treatable

unfortunately bias, fear, school of thought, and politics negatively affect the whole gammot of treatable pain

in a perfect world doctors would have an effective pain management stance with all their patients, regardless of the negatives ...that hold them back

if we were all honest and sincere at heart ...everyone would be happy

peace (my rant for the day)