• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Getting Your Wisdom Teeth Pulled

I got nothing. Well, 45 600mg Ibuprofren. Didn't even bother to get that filled. Through other ways, the pain was managed, and I took a week off of work and it turned out being the best week of my life. Sitting around, getting pinned, drinking milkshakes (WITHOUT A STRAW... do NOT fuck with that) and hanging out with some chick (who I ended up getting a dry socket from while making out; see the straw comment). You don't want a fucking dry socket. Be careful.

To this day I still don't understand the lack of pain med I got when I had my teeth out. My sister had hers out when she was 15 and got 30 Vicodin HPs.

and also, embrace it. Enjoy your time off. No one expects you to do a goddamn thing when you have your wisdoms pulled, so don't!

I would really complain that you fear you will have trouble swallowing pills because in the past, you had some mouth infection and couldn't swallow anything. REALLY STRESS THAT YOU CAN'T SWALLOW PILLS, luckily you will get some liquid oxycodone. When I had my wisdom teeth removed, I got 20 5/500 percs, then complained of more pain, and got 5/500 vikes.

Everyone who is saying that no dentist will ever perscribe oxycontin for tooth removal doesn't know what they are talking about. I've seen it happen, for only 2 wisdom teeth. I would agree that it's definitely not the norm, but it does happen. He was perscribed 30 OC 10's from a very nice family dentist, and yes he played the role very very well. Either way, he was in a lot of pain. I think he blew through the OC 10's in 2 days.

Fried Man said:
I would really complain that you fear you will have trouble swallowing pills because in the past, you had some mouth infection and couldn't swallow anything. REALLY STRESS THAT YOU CAN'T SWALLOW PILLS, luckily you will get some liquid oxycodone. When I had my wisdom teeth removed, I got 20 5/500 percs, then complained of more pain, and got 5/500 vikes.

I also did this and it worked out quite well, in addition to my standard 5/325 perc script I was later given hycodan (5mg hydro per 5ml or something) ...needless to say i found out what swisher house and sittin sideways and sippin syzzurp lean and that stuff was all about.

Brainiacthemaniac- From the responses on here and stories from personal friends, I think your ideas are no better than those of doctor who wouldn't prescribe the lady with severe back pain some stronger meds. The pain does not just last for a couple days, rather a week or two, and the pain can only be considered intractable due to the very fact that physicians are too ignorant or scared to perscribe narcotic analgesics, leaving them with options of treatment which do the patient absolutely no good. The situation is quite the opposite in that any good oral surgeon would perscribe a medication such as oxy or meperidine to alleviate the patient's pain despite the abuse potential.

To ramble.... Pharmacists knew of the abuse/addiction potential when all the narcotic analgesics were first synthesized and put into production, so my question, then, is why did they produce it in the first place if they aren't willing to perscribe it? We all know they were created because of their great ability to act upon the CNS and alleviate symptoms of pain. Now doctors would rather let a patient suffer than provide them with illegal narcotics with which they can support their drug addiction. LOL... actually that's really not funny....

And I'm definately not going to just ask specifically for oc lol, just going to play the role and see how far I can get. I think that's really all you can do. It's good to hear that it is atleast possible to get OC 10's, because that's what I'm going to shoot for or atleast some perc 10's.

I also might have to try that difficulty swallowing pills line in hopes of following Synto's foot steps and recieving some Hydro syrup along with those oc's.lol

90 percent of the time you are gonna get a 10 count script for 5/500 vicodin, no refills. Whoever gave that person demerol probably has had their license yanked by now....

I'm not sure if you would get bumped up for dry socket either....if you are REALLY that hard up for 7.5's or maybe GASP 5mg percs, I guess go ahead and chain smoke as soon as you get out of the dentist's office...

I seriously doubt you will get anything stronger than hydrocodone. Hell, my brother got Tylenol 3.

for my wisdom teeth, my ex-girlfriend got perc 5s, i got tylenol 3, my current girlfriend got vicoprofen.

i was pissed that i only got tylenol 3s... wonder if it's because i'm a dude...

plus, i had horrible tooth pain before i could get them out and he gave me ibuprofen. also, the oral surgeon i went to was in his 70's so i thought he would give me something good.

at least he did a totally amazing job. i was eating pizza like 2 days after i got them out. it was virtually pain free. also, i did get a lot of nitrous and some bomb ass anethesia. that shit had me fucked up the entire first day...

Intractable Pain has nothing to do with MD ignorance. It means...Pain that never goes away, it isnt acute pain like with fourth molar exctraction. Intractable pain is cancer pain, fibromyalgia, fused lumbar discs etc. Thats what those medications are for. In my state, MD's are protected from disciplanary action if in the course of accepted Tx they beleive that their patient is suffering from pain that requires such a medication. I think you will find that RpHs will give you a harder time than an MD about an Rx anyways. Fourth molar extraction and meperidine? Thats a disciplinary action waiting to happen.....Do I hear a duck calling...
QUACK QUACK!

paradoxcycle said:
I seriously doubt you will get anything stronger than hydrocodone. Hell, my brother got Tylenol 3.

I don't know what your brother had done exactly, but I got tylenol 3's like him and I had 4 impacted teeth all removed at once. I figured T3's were common, kind of surprised to hear of people getting stronger pain killers.

What you get all depends on the dentist you go to. I once went to a dentist who had to disclose up front that he wasn't allowed to provide nitrous in his practice because he had been busted for using it himself after hours with the dental hygenist. I felt bad for the guy but I wasn't gonna have my teeth pulled by him I can tell you that much.

einsteinium said:
:D So I'm scheduled to get my wisdom teeth pulled in early January and am aware that they will be perscribing me some opiates but I am curious as to what the strongest drug is which they will perscribe for this operation. Many people I talk to get either hydrocodone or percocet but one person recently posted on here that a friend of his got OC 10's. I really hope I can convince them to give me some Oxycontin.... so basically, I'm just wondering how common it is for them to persripe OC and what you have experienced?

Either way,, I'm pretty excited about the operation! =D lol
THe only reason the girl got OC 10's is b/c of some sort of screw up on the doc's part. She also got a big bottle of liquid lortab w/a refill. Then, she had to go back to finish the procedure, got another RX of OC 10's and 60 7.5 hydros. Then again, i've heard of ppl just getting mortin 800. Just depends on where you go. Ask your friends where they went and what they got.

when i got my wisdom teeth pulled my doc gave me 30 x1200 mg fentanyl citrate lozenges.

ok, not really. i got 35 x 7.5 hydros with 2 refills.

ahhh doctor screw ups are great.

I went to the doctor a while ago after I got hit by a car(lightly), and she said she'd give me a low dose of tylenol 3(codeine/ aceto). Well she somehow made the script for 25 tylox(oxycodone/ aceto)

It was done thru the computer, so im guessing she hit a wrong code or something. I was so pumped when I saw the script expecting codeine, I had to try real hard to conceal a grin.

When I called for a refill the lady asked me "she gave you that for a little back pain?" She knew something was off, but then I played it up a little and she gave me a script of hydro's instead. Ahh a good 2 weeks that was.

^I was hit by a car also and was given Oxycodone (100). I don't know what you'd consider "lightly"; I mean, she didn't hit me and continue to run me over but I bounced off the front grill and landed on my back.

You must live in a very conservative area because I know someone who broke his neck and recieved a large script of OC 20's or 40's.. cant remember which.