• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ICE - how do u tell your addicted?

mate its good u have self control and can admit to your self ur cooking it. u dont have an addiction u have a taste for something u enjoy and u use it in moderation

m1ss_j said:
how do you tell your a meth addict?

IMO, methamphetamine addiction is the complusive use of meth to the point where a user believes they have no effective choice other than to maintain a regular intake.

m1ss_j said:
becuz i mean you might think your using it in moderation etc. but you hear everyone elses views etc....

Denial ('.. you might think your using in moderation ..') and Paranoia ('.. hear everyone elses views..'); two side effects (of many) commonly experienced when dependent on meth.

m1ss_j said:
so when at what point do you tell your addict compared to a recreational user ?

Look at the two groups of users you have. Addicts and Recreational Users. Addicts are fairly limitless when it comes to where, when, quantity, frequency and reasons for using. As I said, an addict is someone who believe they have no_effective_choice other than to use. Rec. users use purely for the fun of meths effects, and it's usually done in the company of others who may also be using (meth or polydrug) for recreational purposes.

But from personal experience I know there is a third group, and I have no idea if they have a name but I just know it has got to exist because the definitions above dont really describe me. I'm a former rec. user turned addict who stopped using after quite a long period of addiction. Some months later though when I had the chance to use it again, I found I did not fall back into its traps and become addicted again, but I also was not limiting myself to just use it recreationally like when going out clubbing. So now I have periods of use where I might use it at work, clubbing, cleaning, etc, but then I can abstain without worry. So thats somewhere in between 'addict' and 'rec. user' and I personally think its the best group to be classified in =D