• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The LYRICA (pregabalin) Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasoncrest

Bluelighter
So I finally got my Lyrica.
I immediately took 6 capsules (6x150mg) and an hour later a strong high came.
I was high for 4 hours approx.

When you read the other posts there is on blulight on Lyrica, it is always compared to GHB or XTC.
For me the effects are absolutely not like G or E.

The effects of Pregabalin are very similar to those of Tiagabine (Gabitril), but stronger and more enjoyable...
I would compare the effects to alcohol. When high on Lyrica, you feel drunk, you act like if you were drunk, etc...

The only two problems with Lyrica are:
-the loss of coordination (you can't walk straight)
-the double vision. sometimes your vision are so fukced that you can't read.

Another effect of Lyrica is its sedative property; it is only a slight sedation, if you need to stay awake, there will ne no problem.

When the effects wore off, I decided to shoot one capsule. That was fantastic, I felt so good!!
Now I will only use the lyrica IV.
(it is perfect for injection, you empty the capsule in the cup, and the only thing solublre id thre Pregabaline... So you shoot a very pure solution)

#I would like to read your experiences with Lyrica, if you have tried it.

#I would also like to know what you think of Lyrica? Its a shitty med?

#Or is it a drug of abuse of the future?

(in fact, I would like to hear everything you have to say about lyrica)

ive never heard of lyrica....what is the script for? pain, anxiety.....what is it comparable to?

I have not yet experienced the pregabalin "high" but I am certainty interested in trying it. I must warn however, that administration of pregabalin IV could be dangerous--you never know about the contents of a pill. Things like polyethelene glycol and other water soluble polymers can cause spotaneious cardiac death.

ive never heard of lyrica....what is the script for? pain, anxiety.....what is it comparable to?

It's used to treat neuropathic pain.

What's the recommended dose?

lonely_arm said:
What's the recommended dose?

I think it's 75mg 2x/day for one week, then 150mg 2x/day, and the maintenance dose is 600mg/day.
My doc is nice, he prescribed me 600mg/day the first day...

if your comparing this stuff to gabitril then i have absolutely no desire to try it.

but then again, every drug is different. so i'll probably end up trying it out of curiosity. i just don't understand people on this board claiming gabitril and neurontin are recreational. makes me wonder how similar lyrica is, if your comparing the two.

jasoncrest, if you don't mind me asking what are you prescribed pregabalin for?

Because I've read that pregabalin is effective in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder, even thought it is prescribed for nerve pain, it seems that it would act partly as an anxiolytic.

lonely_arm said:
jasoncrest, if you don't mind me asking what are you prescribed pregabalin for?

Because I've read that pregabalin is effective in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder, even thought it is prescribed for nerve pain, it seems that it would act partly as an anxiolytic.

My doc prescribes it to me for anxiety, and to help with additcions problems...

I tried some this summer, but didn't really get alot out of it. Just felt kinda groggy.

i am prescribed lyrica for nerve damage sustained from a crush injury. a forklift fell on my leg crushing it form the knee down. so whenever i try to walk my leg feels like its burning. the lyrica helps remove the burning sensations almost completely. the most ive taken at once was 2x75mg cracked pills. and i didnt seem to notice any "high" at that dose. i just need to drop a couple more, lol.

Yeah, I had not heard of this drug untill this thread; I did some research, and it seems to have a good potental for recreational use.

lonely_arm said:
Yeah, I had not heard of this drug untill this thread; I did some research, and it seems to have a good potental for recreational use.

Drugs that on GABA (Lyrica-pregabalin, Gabitril-tiagabine, Sabril-vigabatrin, baclofen also...) are not well known... And I don't understand why: they are easy to get prescribed, and may have a potential of abuse.

They are one of the "family" of drugs that get you high for me: there are benzos, barbs, opiates, amphetamines, etc.. and GABAergics. (I only speak of parmaceuticals here

I stupidly STUPIDLY took 750 mg in one dose. The effects came on after 45 minutes. I lost most of my balance, face turned red, started feeling dysphoria. I layed down, closed my eyes, and tried to sleep it off because I felt scared and shitty. When I closed my eyes, all I could see were really fast moving colors. Kind of a pixelated mess of colors bombarding the back of my eyeballs. I must have fell asleep within 30 minutes.

I slept for about 12 hours, woke up very confused, minor amnesia. I looked at my cell phone and didn't know it was mine. I tried to stand up only to find out that I had pratically no balance. My depth perception was also a bit screwed up as well. This lasted for about 6-8 more hours as the effects slowly faded. This was not a fun experience at all.

I will try it again however for sleep. I will see if two or three of the 75 mg pills will help with sleep at all. Or if it will make me feel like shit again.

Fried Man said:
I will try it again however for sleep. I will see if two or three of the 75 mg pills will help with sleep at all. Or if it will make me feel like shit again.

You seem to have a bad reaction to this med, I wouldn't take it anymore, even in small doses, if I were you.

And it doesn't help at all to sleep.

I want to say something:

there has been thread on Bluelight saying Lyrica was the big new drug of abuse, with effects similar to XTC/GHB; there's my thread also, saying that you can get high off these pills
BUT I must admit that after a few days, it doesn't give euphoria anymore, it just suppress anxiety better than any benzo would do, and you feel happy, everything seems cool...

jasoncrest said:
I want to say something:

there has been thread on Bluelight saying Lyrica was the big new drug of abuse, with effects similar to XTC/GHB; there's my thread also, saying that you can get high off these pills
BUT I must admit that after a few days, it doesn't give euphoria anymore, it just suppress anxiety better than any benzo would do, and you feel happy, everything seems cool...

^^...I agree. It seemed to have great synergy w/ benzos (duh...), and seemed to make my opioid pain medicine work better.
Although, I'd have to say, that 750mg in one dose for a non-tolerant use is quite a large dose. I'd give it a go again, and, like you said, take 2-3 of the 75mg capsules. If you have the same reaction, then it's probably not for you.
I'll have to say, that it certainly did help me sleep better than usual, though...
Great for anxiety IMO, and neuropathic pain.

Well, I took 150 mg of the stuff before I went to bed the other night. I smoked some pot at around 12:30, took the pills at 2:30 in the morning. Slept till 10:30 in the morning. I slept better than usual. Usually pot alone does not guarantee restfull sleep for me.

I woke up still feeling the effects a lil bit. I was a bit confused, feeling a lil "out of it." I was a little wobbley, had minor balance loss, went away after I woke up. I must be sensitive to the drug, but a minor dose like this was worthwhile........I would reccomend not starting at a high dose like 750 mg. I would say start under 300 mg. Because even a low dose of 150 mg for me was kinda heavy.

I started out with a large dose of this because I can handle large doses of other drugs fairly well. Guess I was wrong. I can take high doses of benzos, amphetamines, opiates.....but I guess I'm a bit sensitive to Lyrica .....So start out low.......a bad reaction on this drug is really just unpleasent.

Status
Not open for further replies.