• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The LYRICA (pregabalin) Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know anything about this drug causing either decreased fertility or possible birth defects when used by potential fathers?

J.T. said:
anyone know anything about this drug causing either decreased fertility or possible birth defects when used by potential fathers?

RXlist only says this: "Pregnancy/Nursing
Before taking this medicine, if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to become pregnant, talk to your health care provider."

I really don't think it decrease fertility...

For what it's worth, I think that it is great for opioid withdrawl... keeps the muscle pain down and all that biz. Seeing how it was prescribed to me for nerve pain, that does make some sense.

I don't think there is a whole lot of benefit to take with opioids. Maybe I just didn't dose it right but it was kinda like one of those "This could be good, this could be good, oh, boy... damn." Things.

The high to me was not fantastic. I don't really like bumping into shit or feeling like I'm not completely in control. Perhaps that why I'm an opioid guy. But still, for what it's prescribed for I'd say it's fairly effective and probably a useful drug.

after reading a few reports on this site about lyrica ,to get any 'high' u have to take 600mg+ in one dose with some reporting similar effects to xtc and ghb and others saying it makes u feel drunk im recieving 56,75mg lyrica capusules nxt wk do u reckon it wud be safe to wack 600mg first time and c how it goes from there

djbuzzbe said:
im recieving 56,75mg lyrica capusules nxt wk do u reckon it wud be safe to wack 600mg first time and c how it goes from there

I think it would be safe to take 600mg first time.

when i took 150mg for three nights in a row when i woke up each day i felt very wobly as another poster said and i felt kinda stupid and had a slight loss of balance / coordination and very sleepy. i want to try a higher dose maybe 300mg to see if i can get an stimulating / euphoric effects.

It can be good stuff. Its not the best drug i've ever tried but its a great mood stabilizer and its sort of fun. It's a lot like Gabapentin (neurontin)

I take 150mg twice a day. I have also taken 300mg at night to help with sleep. I am prescribed it for nerve pain related to cervical fusion at C4-5-6. I have had constant pain for the last 7 years and this was one of the med's that helped me get my opioids tolerance down, as it seemed to help while I was doing a medical taper last year. I do agree that when I take it at night with my valium, when I wake up, I am still a little wobbly until I get some coffee in me to wake me up. As a recreational substance, I have not explored it at levels above 300mg.

Warm regards

SubAbusePro1

Nice report, I gott goo imagine what it feels like. I'm curre ntly on morphińe pills so I know ehat you coming theruu. Feels like I eas in the middele of the exurtation. No problems issued. gfrom me.

Contacty me PM if you like too.

Fwiw pregabalin is highly water soluble, and works well plugged. Frankly I don't enjoy more than about 50mg with ANY mode of admin, but smaller amounts can be nice. High doses tend to have me literally bumping into walls & knocking things over....

Also, I find pregabalin more useful than recreational, e.g. for withdrawing from opiates/benzos or as a comedown aid for stimulants. Very useful, not so recreational IMO.

I started out with a large dose of this because I can handle large doses of other drugs fairly well. Guess I was wrong. I can take high doses of benzos, amphetamines, opiates.....but I guess I'm a bit sensitive to Lyrica .....So start out low.......a bad reaction on this drug is really just unpleasent

I think this is likely due to the fact it works through a different mechanism than other drugs. Almost like an untapped neuronetwork to fuck up. If you look at a fairly detailed reference guide it works on the memrane at something called the delta 2 receptors which regulate ion flow acting as a CNS dampener or downer. I think it has anti-seizure , anti-anxiety and nerve generated pain activity.

It does have a sort of unique high at 450-600mg especially if you smoke some weed with it. It does synergize nicely with benzos and opiates.

I do think it has pretty serious potential to be especially usefull in opiate and benzodiazepine withdrawls.

The cavaet is that it is probably addictive in itself. Anything like that which alters your brain chemistry will take time to normalize:\

I am prescribed Lyrica, and I find if you take a dose of 300mg with an opiate, that it increases the opiate high by a good 50% anyway, at least for me.

It is also a really unique drug, I find it creates a 'floatiness relaxing' feeling at higher doses.

I am prescribed 150mg capsules, and am supposed to take 150x3/day. It is a VERY expensive drug though. I think that is why a lot of people who don't have coverage are still on Neruontin (Gabapentin). Although I have never tried Nerountin, I feel no need, as Lyrica is awesome. I don't have insurance and I am in Canada and it is expensive as hell for me, but I don't care, I'll still pay for it, but I hope to find an insurance company that covers it soon.

Fun with Lyrica

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday, the time came for some experimenting. At 2:00PM I took 600mg. codeine and then chased it at 3:00 with 600mg. Lyrica. By 4:00 I was feeling the light opiate high but nothing else different.
5:00 - Opiate high seems leveled but my balance is a little fucked
5:30 - Smoked a big bowl and was hit with one of the most intense pot highs I've ever had.
7:00 - O.K. the codeine and pot have worn off, but I feel like I've downed a forty. I'm staggering everywhere, my toungue is tied in knots and I'm so happy!
8:00 - Kind of weird - I'm starting to get a speedy feeling.
10:00- I can't stop, I feel tired, but I'm compelled to keep going. (I actually scrubbed my kitchen) Very strange how I went from a big marshmellow to a really twitchy crack addict.
11:00- Layed down in bed and was out in seconds.

7:00AM - Great Sleep! Unbelievably 'm still high. I have a real pleasant buzz going still and my balance is still a little off, can't believe the duration of tthis stuff.

The overall experience was actually quite awesome. I have to say that I agree high doses of Lyrica closely resembles a real good drunk minus the hangover.
I'll definately be visiting Lyrica again!

Oh, and I couldn't resist,
n5822.jpg

*bump*

I'm prescribed with Lyrica for anxiety (not sure whether it's GAD or what) and got good effects on 50 mg for the first few days, and I then uped the dose to 300 mg daily. I'm also on Paroxetine and Mirtazapine, the last one I've recently withdrawn from with good results so far. My plan is to get down on a one-drug-only-basis and I hope to get full effect from Lyrica alone. I've never been able to withdraw from Paroxetine before but Lyrica gives me hope. It's damn effective against whatever I'm having. I'm taking 200 mg early morning (before I get out of bed) and get a speed-like effectiveness as I wake up. I then take 100 mg at about 2 pm and that helps me through the rest of the day. Hopefully my strong reaction to Lyrica isn't a cocktail-effect due to Lyrica + Paroxetine. I so want to get off that bastard drug.

i was recommended this for gbl withdrawal.

It helped a great deal. It almost worked too well - i had been takling gbl continually for a long time. I was due a terrible withdrawal. I took a fair bit of lyrica and it completelty stopped all symptoms of the withdrawal, anxiety etc. Until I started to feel a mad rush of uncomfortability, i think if i wouldnt have tapered off with small doses of gbl i would have been in real trouble but this helped me to do that so i was fine.

no abuse potential for me though. felt a bit like benzos, thankful for their help but pissed of at the annoying dizzy/ tired/ drunken side effects.

Last edited:
djbuzzbe said:
after reading a few reports on this site about lyrica ,to get any 'high' u have to take 600mg+ in one dose with some reporting similar effects to xtc and ghb and others saying it makes u feel drunk im recieving 56,75mg lyrica capusules nxt wk do u reckon it wud be safe to wack 600mg first time and c how it goes from there
IMO that's pretty close to the truth... to get a definitely 'recreational' high, the amount needed will have you stumbling around, literally walking straight into into walls, probably even falling down, which is likely enough to ruin the whole experience. Even more self-limiting in this respect than alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.