• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The LYRICA (pregabalin) Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gODDAMN IT I TOOK 10 350 soma and 750mg of lyrica, i passed out for like 6 hours.

I got a few lyrica samples the other week and i must say it seems to be rather effective for neuropathic pain so far. Too bad when my samples run out it's back to shitty gabapentin.

It makes me much more dopey then gabapentin when mixed with morphine. It really adds to the opiate buzz and i usually do a opiate+lyrica+benzo mix. That gets me damn high =D .

One thing I noticed about Lyrica was how it helps you concentrate. Although the feeling is somewhat 'floaty', my typing speed is incredibly high. Lyrica also has some effect on memory - sometimes I forget the simplest of words. I currently take 900 mgs - the whole bunch in the morning. 600 mg doesn't help me anymore. I was prescribed it for GAD. Last weekend, I had a major hangover and had to drive through various towns by bus. 'With a little help from my friend', as they say, the trip was enjoyable, and being in public space was easy.

Benzos tend to make me sleepy, but with Lyrica, I usually stay up well into the night, because there's so much to do now that I have overcome my anxiety. But I wish this thing had the cost of benzos.

Has anyone noticed marked amnesia from high doses of Lyrica. I forget phone numbers and peoples names really easily, people I know well, I mean not my best friend or brothers, but other people I know pretty well, and even my own phone number.

I CANNOT sleep

I you can get ahold of some Seroquel try alow dose of that. it's the only thing that can knock me out in OP w/d.

Lyrica I think is best for after the physical part is gone. IME it just isn't strong enough for the first days. Might work better in a cocktail type regimen.

Deveel said:
can you snort lyrica?

Try and report back :) I rhink you can when u breakk the capsule.. not sure thou.

Yesterday I took ~ 900mg of lyrica and smoked weed very much.. had hard time walking and then -I fell a sleep when finally got home after long trip from mates house to home.

I've been up all night...last night I took around 2 grams of Lyrica...started with 1.2g and then popped more. I also took 65mg of hydrocodone. Like I said I stayed up all night but nodded off alot for a while. I took 300mg of Lyrica like an hour ago, then I took 450mg more like 5 minutes ago.

You can get fucked up on it, but it's also probably the best medication I've ever come across, that and tramadol. Each of those drugs have many uses. Lyrica kills the muscle/nerve pain I have and my anxiety goes away. Not to mention I'm one of those few people who get serious euphoria from pregabalin and gabapentin.

I took 1050mg last night, It's like being trapped in a bubble. I couldn't walk straight either.

Has anyone noticed marked amnesia from high doses of Lyrica. I forget phone numbers and peoples names really easily, people I know well, I mean not my best friend or brothers, but other people I know pretty well, and even my own phone number.

Known side effect of Lyrica / Neurontin. If you take it chronically your memory gets screwed.

I took 1gram of lyrica last night and it was much different from the times I took 600 and 700mg. The coming up at the 2 hour mark when I was smoking alot of weed was actually intense. I had to drive a friend home and I told him to arrange to get picked up but ended up driving him home anyway which was pretty stupid. I feel like my driving skills arent effected just everything looks like its coming at me really slow so its hard to judge speed. I woke up this morning still feeling out of it from that shit. I don't find lyrica enjoyable and don't think I'm doing it again for a while. On the 2-4 hour mark my heart was racing faster than when I blow coke and I was getting chest pains. This is some weird shit.

Lyrica has recently become my drug of choice. I stick to doses around 225-300 mg and it completely *obliterates* anxiety. Fucking amazing stuff it is. My wife has a continuous supply of the stuff, and she says it does nothing for her at all.

I got a chance to combine it with MDMA (300mg Lyrica an hour before starting, 300mg MDMA over the night) this week. The results weren't as good as I had hoped- it seemed to weaken the MDMA rushes and just smooth everything out, kind of like the Methylone feeling. Still enjoyable though. Next time I'll just take the Lyrica in the morning and let it wear off a bit before dropping.

enoughorangejuice? said:
i've heard its IV-able, anyone try it with good results?

My son died from injecting lyrica. The sleep will be so good you may not want to wake up.

also is it addictive, and could it be a good long term medication for GAD.. or are their tolerance issues (so you always need more????????

Gr3yghost said:
My son died from injecting lyrica. The sleep will be so good you may not want to wake up.

Heed this advice.

I wish I had words to convey my sorrow for your loss.

im been on lyrica for years, if anyone has any questions for me. i kinda forgot this thread existed.

Gr3yghost- i am sorry. thank you for making people aware of the dangers.

Is lyrica prescribed for Anxiety (in europe)???

Yes, thankfully. I read some experiences from Lyrica in erowid, and found out it is indeed approved here. Even my psych didn't know about it when I proposed Lyrica instead of the bloody venlafaxine. He had to check it out in a humongous book that doctors have. I'm proud to be one of the first lab rat for Lyrica in my little country, Estonia. Downside: one packet of diazepam costs as much as one capsule of Lyrica.

does anyone else always get a weird taste/scent in their mouth from when the capsules are breaking down and the powder being released?

im referring to the 75mg pfizer caps in particular. i've had them on an empty and full stomach still with the same effect.

edit - i've also noticed i pass a lot more gas on a dose of 225-300mg + does anybody get this as well?

maybe i just needed to fart and it's been coincidence?

Last edited by a moderator:
jasoncrest said:
So I finally got my Lyrica.
I immediately took 6

I was high for 4 hours approx.

I would compare the effects to alcohol. When high on Lyrica, you feel drunk, you act like if you were drunk, etc...

The only two problems with Lyrica are:
-the loss of coordination (you can't walk straight)
-the double vision. sometimes your vision are so fukced that you can't read.

Another effect of Lyrica is its sedative property; it is only a slight sedation, if you need to stay awake, there will ne no problem.
Wow it sounds like my tryals with Nurotton..........So thanks. I wont be using Lyrica any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.