• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The LYRICA (pregabalin) Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, another thing. in the monograph there was a section on gabapentin as it related to pregabalin. they compared doses of 300mg of gabapentin and 100mg of pregabalin. again, this leads me to believe that pregabalin is 3 TIMES MORE POTENT than gabapentin.

i think this is helpful info.

uh, yah. i was saying that in order to DECREASE his tolerance you would have to have enough time to have the shit out of your system. so in that way half life does relate to tolerance. you have to consider the half life if you want to know how long to stop taking it in order to bring down tolerenace.

i have concluded by now that intravenous use of pregabalin is horrible. i have no idea why, but i find the effects from swallowing a cap on an empty stomach to be WAY more profound than injecting. ive never seen this with a drug. shit has cornstarch and talc in it anyway, so its a good thing i suppose. now if only suboxone didnt make me vomit every time i put it under my tongue i wouldnt be shooting it. maybe i should go back to plugging.

Wow, does anyone else just get knocked out and sleep the entire next day after some lyrica use? I took 900 the other night and I wake up at 9PM the next day missing some important stuff. I don't know how I slept for 20 hours, but lyrica makes it happen. I used to take over 2 gram doses and had the same thing happen so after a certain point the dose doesn't affect the sleep all day thing...

i have concluded by now that intravenous use of pregabalin is horrible. i have no idea why, but i find the effects from swallowing a cap on an empty stomach to be WAY more profound than injecting. ive never seen this with a drug. shit has cornstarch and talc in it anyway, so its a good thing i suppose. now if only suboxone didnt make me vomit every time i put it under my tongue i wouldnt be shooting it. maybe i should go back to plugging.

Why don't you switch to Subutex? You can ask your doctor telling him there is a generic and you are struggling financial so anything to save some money would great.

I found that sex on lyrica is FUCKING AWESOME. i just had to find the right dose.

was what I was going to post before reading this!

i was literally nodding off on the toilet.

I usually don't wile away on the porcelain throne after sex, but whatever gets you off!

just taking 1 150mg cap in the morning makes me feel soooooo good. no anxiety and TONS of energy. ive never been more productive.

Just watch your tolerance; otherwise, agreed in full

at night i sleep like a baby too.

Bingo

my mood is heavenly. ive never felt this good in my life.

*sigh*... isn't it?

this is the drug ive been looking for my entire life. im going to sound like a fag, but if i looked up panacea in the dictionary i would find a picture of a lovley 300mg capsule.

I agree. FULLY. Just realize this; your tolerance to the "panacea" effects of Lyrica will build, and rather quickly. I have now found myself past the honeymoon phase and have had to taper back quite significantly to achieve any desirable effect. That having been said, whilst there may be no directly observable effects from the Lyrica at X dosage when there was before (~3-400mg, for instance), the 'mood' effects still persist and continue to be both therapeutic and largely helpful. I have joked (more often than I should) that the brand name should be changed to 'Myracula' or some sort, due to the wide spectrum of my life that it positively affects. Good luck with your own experience!

~ vaya comments in bold

I have been there, and at a new plane of existence, have found myself wondering; WHY FEEL THE NEED TO SHOOT EVERYTHING?

You name it, I dunnit. It's not a game of who's tougher. But, not only is it dangerous, but it's unfulfilling! I'm glad you posted your comment, but I wish you'd be more wary of the needle when it comes to things like prescription medications, especially those that contain materials which have been very obviously demonstrated to be dangerous to your health when IV'd! (and when the active ingredient has been shown to be less effective than when IV-administering the drug)!!

All I am really trying to convey is the question of why pregabalin has, in this thread, been demonstrated to be a beautiful IV drug despite its dangers? Why, if not for the sake of efficacy, would you shoot this material - especially if it posed a potential hazard to your health? The health-hazards of IV'ing prescription-recipe pregabalin have been exhaustively mentioned in this very thread already.

"Life is best seen as a gift." ~ outcomp Zabiela compilation Renaissance Masters Series Dsic 2 CD 2
"The number of lives that could have been outnumber the sand grains in Sahara." ~ outcomp Sasha/Digweed CD Northern Exposure CD 1

Respect your life.

~ vaya

Last edited:
i didnt notice the drug being glorified for iv use in this thread. it really isnt effective IV though. taking a cap on an empty stomach in the morning feels waaaaaaay better than iv.

awesome

just found out that I had two bottles of the 200mg & 150mg capsules hidden in my med cabinent on day 1 off my opana regimen. Have taken 8 mg of suboxone, 1mg of alprazolam and 600mg lyrica (the latter two at 8:00pm, earlier at 1:00pm) and I am messedddddddddd up.. tough to type this message.

ive been on lyrica for a few weeks now. 150mg is enough to make me feel really good throughout the day. if i have class at night i may take another 150mg. as far as recreational effect, tolerance has built stupendously fast.

first time i ever took it i used 300mg and was like on the most crystal clear existential acid trip ever. there is no way i can recapture that feeling now ( dont really care, i enjoy the theraputic effects more as im 30 yrs old and a sufferer of anxiety).

im going to see my shrink. i think im going to ask for some neurontin, this way i can try and take a break from lyrica about once a month or maybe every 2 weeks. maybe i can get the rec effects back. i should be noted that i still get intoxicated from large doses but NOT the the exent of my first time. even the very next day i couldnt acheive those same effects. i think neurontin will be a good backup for when i try to take breaks to bring tolerance down. either ill ask for that or xanax, in case there is cross tolerance between neurontin and lyrica.

ok, i got a pretty good update.

i found an excellent resource on another forum for pregabalin. clinical studies for weight gain, gauging effectivness v benzos and such blah blah. im pretty convinced that 450mg is a good rec dose as that is what they used in studies comparing booze, benzos, and pregabalin for recreational effect.

but my main discovering involves ROAs. im still stumped but IV is inefficient as an ROA. it just doesnt really do anything, total waste of a cap. BUUUUUUT, if you put it in your BUUTTTTT it works WAY better than oral!

plugging a 150mg cap with 1cc of warm water allowed for the effects to hit in a pseudo rush at about 10 mins! compare that to 1.5 hrs for oral. definetly increases the BA too. i know 10% is a small margin to work with since the oral BA is 90% but there are several advantages to rectal use that i was hoping to find with IV use, besides increased BA, they are:

-less time to Cmax and Tmax, ie it hits you way faster and plateaus faster
-no worry about dosing before or after meals
-provides a rush, at least more of one compared to oral.

my next experiment will be to sniff a cap.

im still totally boggled by why IV doesnt work well.

cool

just snorted a 200mg cap, not much here.. Last night I took about 600mg for the very first time and was realllll fucked up.. Today I woke up and was flying high when I woke up and for the big period of the day.. I've taken a 400mg dose earlier today and was high all day.. now that i'm back at my place, I snorted a 200mg cap and it was def a waste. Going to try and plug one of the 200 and see how I feel as I have full bottles of both 200 & 150 with two refills on both!! =D=D

Ok plugging pregabalin that's a new ROA I hadnt considered... interesting hdpt! Can you provide a link for that forum? I'd love to read what those others have said.

Either way, I think I really am gonna try that. So if 150mg plugged was fantastic, what ORAL dose were you taking to achieve the same effects? (conversion ratio: bum to oral, respectively)

~ vaya

uh, i usually only take 150mg in the morning, so i tried plugging the same. it was about the same as far as the general effects just that it kicked in WAY faster and even provided a rush. i had to close my eyes and felt properly high.

does anyone have ANY ideas of why intravenous use of pregabalin would not work?

all in all plugging seems to be the best for me. still, i do get a certain feeling from oral admin that can be even better than IR or IV. weird drug.

oh just go to drugsforum.com for the info on lyrica.

Quite the Conundrum

does anyone have ANY ideas of why intravenous use of pregabalin would not work?

Pure speculation, but because the pharmacodynamics of pregabalin dictate that it blocks (or, at the very least, slightly impedes) Ca++ ion channel influx into neurons, that IV use bombards the BBB (past which said neurons are located) with pregabalin, causing some sort of bodily reflex that prevents the brain becoming over-saturated with the material. To protect itself.

In essence, the effectiveness of this ROA may also be its pitfall. I stress the word 'may,' because I really do not know the answer to your question precisely. I can only speculate!

So does it not work at all, or is the feeling dulled when you IV it? What about a rush (sorry if you've covered this in this thread already I am in a bit of a hurry).

~ vaya

oh just go to drugsforum.com for the info on lyrica.

Oh, and really, can you please just provide a quick link to what you're talking about? I registered there to find the information you suggested was there but so far have had no success to speak of, even when using the search engine properly...

No obligation. Just thought I would ask.

~ vaya

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99346

this is handy:

Pregabalin oral dosages Dose in milligrams
Threshold 75-150 mg
Light 150-450 mg
Common 450-750 mg
Strong 750-1400 mg
Heavy 1400+ mg
[4]

the references at the botton were VERY interesting.

off topic, i just got scripted neurontin from my psych. my pcp scripts the lyrica. i figure ill use it when i run out of lyrica at the end of the month before my next refill or just to take a break and lower my tolerance. im currently checking the gabapentin megathread. staggering doses is something new to me and particular to neurontin. lyrica, thankfully doesnt have those BA issues.

shit, i experimented again and it seems that lyrica is best taken orally, over IV AND plugging. not sure what it is but i cant refute it.

last night i doubled my normal dose and drank just 1 glass of beer....i was wrecked. i did shot of suboxone and i started nodding. so very nice to get high without having to use H. i LOVE YOU LYRICA!

ok, this is important ie i would really like some advice.

i just got some neurontin which i intend to use while taking a week break from lyrica(plan on doing this once a month in order to bring tolerance down).

is there a cross tolerance? i mean does this plan sound feasible?

the half life of pregabalin is 6 hrs, so 5-7 days sounds like ample time to bring tolerance down. just want to make sure the gabapentin wouldnt be just like taking lyrica and thus defeating and attempt to clear out my system. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.