• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The LYRICA (pregabalin) Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MDPVagrant said:
IMO that's pretty close to the truth... to get a definitely 'recreational' high, the amount needed will have you stumbling around, literally walking straight into into walls, probably even falling down, which is likely enough to ruin the whole experience. Even more self-limiting in this respect than alcohol.

... But 400 a day keeps the demons away. :D

MDPVagrant said:
IMO that's pretty close to the truth... to get a definitely 'recreational' high, the amount needed will have you stumbling around, literally walking straight into into walls, probably even falling down, which is likely enough to ruin the whole experience. Even more self-limiting in this respect than alcohol.

I believe that is true for some people (Someone posted on Erowid about Gabapentin at 9g making them unable to figure out which button was the up/down button on an elevator). However, for myself, I was able to use Gabapentin recreationally while only becoming slightly sloppy certainly less so than if I had been drinking. Unfortunately a tolerance builds fast and seems to last for quite some time as I had stopped taking them for ~1 month and then obtained Lyrica and the first time I took it I took 1.5g and it still couldn't match what I got off ~3g of Gabapentin originally.

My advice is just start low and increase the dose and see how it goes.

My first dose was 300mg and I felt nothing. My second was 600mg and I felt great. My 3rd was 900mg and it knocked me out.

IMO the effects are the same as gabapentin. I would say 600mg pregabalin would be equivalent to about 5g - 6g of gabapentin. With gabapentin there are bioavailability issues, the more you take the less your body absorbs. The good thing there is its very hard to OD on it. The bad thing is that if you want a big effect you have to waste a lot of drug (you can help bioavailability by taking it with naproxen or food).

With pregabalin there are no (or less at least, maybe) bioavailability issues, so it all gets absorbed.

Lyrica is, hands down, one of the most euphoric drugs I've ever tried. I totally understand why people compare it to GHB and X. It feels like a cross between the two IMO. But, really, it feels almost exactly like gabapentin, which is also a very euphoric drug. I just don't like to take 14 grams of the shit to get going. I took 1.05 grams of Lyrica the first time, and it was AWESOME. Just like Neurontin, the high lasted forever, and I was laughing and silly and stupid the whole time. It really is quite something. It's a very effective painkiller as well. I couldn't feel my back or neck pain at all. I am prescribed the stuff now, because I love it. I just haven't picked up the script yet, it costs too damned much.

I've always found it mildly euphoric (at times anyway), but "one of the most euphoric drugs?"

Hmm... I guess some people feel this way about benzos as well, so the euphoria is in the eye of the beholder... I really get none from benzos.

P.S. it's definitely expensive... nothing I'd want to get without insurance covering it.

I took 1.05 grams of Lyrica the first time, and it was AWESOME
1.05 grams of Lyrica, the FIRST time? I guess I have to say "whatever" to people's tendencies to take huge doses of benzos & other similar drugs around here. Always sounded crazy to me. I can't take more than around 200-300mg Lyrica without feeling quite sick... no euphoria whatsoever at those high doses, I find it miserable.

^^^

Yeah, I'm an anything GABA hardhead. I used to take 14-18 grams of Neurontin to feel anything from that. So I figured it would take around a gram of Lyrica to get appreciable effects. It really felt like rolling at times: I had weird but very pleasurable waves going up and down my body for hours, it almost got TOO intense, something MDMA never has done. I never felt like I had taken too much, or that I was in danger of OD. I was SOOOO happy, acting like a little kid and shit, it was euphoric to the nth degree.

I am one of those people that gets extreme euphoria from benzos, my favorite class of drugs (although I don't include psychedelics, b/c I use them for a different purpose). I can't wait until I can have my Lyrica every day...I just have to get help paying for my medications, because that shit is more expensive than street drugs. Something like 5 bucks a pill, at the pharmacy? That's more than Xanax! But then again, it's a very effective drug, and people want it. Hooray for legal drug dealers!

Ive taken lyrica on numerous occasions, with doses exceeding 1 g. Its pretty fun stuff. It mellows you out, but its not overly sedating. It didnt interfere too drastically with the clarity of my thought, or my balance. The only thing I noticed was a mild state of confusion the following morning which lasted for about an hour.

Also I didnt really notice any withdrawals after going through a bottle of 70 or 80 capsules in a record setting 5 days.

Adventure with Lyrica

A friend has 100mg lyrica...tiny maroon capsules. He has had some nerve damage in his back so the doctor decided to give him something for "nerve pain". Of course before taking any we consulted these forums and erowid to decide if they had any recreational value. Got some knowledge...agreed that we should both take 1 and see if we felt anything....

An hour later we were pretty bummed then we found the "Lyrica Thread" here and saw that 600mg was a great dose. We decided to take 3 and an hour later take 3 more to make a total of 700mg in 3 hours...Its the next day and I'm still feeling "different". Last night was crazy...I felt really drunk and was stumbling but no one could tell. I'm often "enhanced" on something so everyone in my house just thought i was high...

I also smoked 3 bowls of swag...felt great...played guitar hero 2 coherently...it was nice. Overall I'd rate it as an experience I'd do once every couple of months or so. Had a pretty good time...DO NOT DRIVE if you decide to take 600mg at one time...PLEASE...stay home and enjoy your stupored state.

I would really like some feedback ladies and gents...Did I post this in the wrong part of the forums?

AmbientDreamer said:
Ive taken lyrica on numerous occasions, with doses exceeding 1 g. Its pretty fun stuff. It mellows you out, but its not overly sedating. It didnt interfere too drastically with the clarity of my thought, or my balance. The only thing I noticed was a mild state of confusion the following morning which lasted for about an hour.

Also I didn't really notice any withdrawals after going through a bottle of 70 or 80 capsules in a record setting 5 days.

Have you done a lot of benzos or opiates? You must have a really, really high tolerance for this stuff. 600mg sets me straight....

******Please anyone who is taking this for the first time DO NOT take 1000mg (1g)...It is plausible to take 600mg and be straight. Please be careful.******

I took over a gram my first time. But I'm also very experienced with Neurontin, which I would take about 18 grams of to get nice and fucked up. The great thing about both Lyrica and Neurontin is that the high lasts so long, you don't really need to redose. At least for me.

TheTwighlight said:
I took over a gram my first time. But I'm also very experienced with Neurontin, which I would take about 18 grams of to get nice and fucked up. The great thing about both Lyrica and Neurontin is that the high lasts so long, you don't really need to redose. At least for me.

So true man. Once you dose its game on...I still believe that people should only take about 600mg in case they aren't as experienced as you and I are. Please be careful guys...damn i sound like a mother. lol.....

There is a similar unscheduled medication called phenibut, that I have often heard compared to neurontin and baclofen.

TheTwighlight said:

Have you been able to reduce/remove the tolerance by abstaining for a certain period of time? I quit for around a month and it still took at least 6g of Neurontin for me to get high.

Had another experience with Lyrica last night. I have about 50 that my friend, ricky ricardo, gave me out of the 90 he currently had. I decided since it was my second encounter in the past week I'd ramp it up to 1g (1000mg). Well ladies and gents that was one of the most intense highs I've ever had and as I write this I am still currently "stoned".

FOR ME it seemed to act sort of like X. No body warmth but sounds were really exaggerated. Lights seemed to be a bit brighter and more fascinating. About 2 hours after the trip started it was a bit harder to walk (sort of like after 8 shots of 80 proof liquor...i know I'm a wuss). This is something that I will do only 2-4 times a month max. A lot of my friends are wanting to try it....Do you guys think I should give some up just so I don't have the temptation to do this every other night? Also I was more talkative and seemed to be closer to a few people in my house. We sat and watched a movie, played some guitar hero, smoked a little bud...all the while sharing a lot of things that I wouldn't normally share with roommates. Does anyone know why this makes me closer to people? Is it something in the chemical structure that is also in X?

Thanks for reading and responding to my posts....

I'm guessing it won't be long before the schedule gets bumped from V to IV or III.

Well correct me if i'm wrong, i didn't actually look it up but I think the drug was released in the states in late 2004...pretty sure it is going to be scheduled higher in the next year or so once they find out how many people are abusing it (me, me, me) and researching it.

As far as tolerance goes, it seems to build slow with Neurontin and Lyrica, sort of like tramadol, but it takes even longer with N & L. I took it every day for a long time, per 2.8g a day prescription. I would take 18g to get really fucked up, plus an energy drink - Sobe No Fear or Rockstar - which really adds to the high, I'm not kidding. Then smoke herb about 2-2 1/2 hours, when the Neurontin or Lyrica is peaking, and that's easily as powerful a high as anything else, meaning most hard drugs. Whoops, got off topic, yay pot.
Anyhow, I stopped taking it altogether for about 4 or 5 months, then took it again, and it was great, but I don't remember how much I took. Then I didn't have it for another 6-8 months, and found 3 full bottles of 600mg Neurontin. I took like 8 or 9 grams several times and that got me off pretty well. Neurontin has lost some of its magic with me, having done it well over a hundred times in high doses. Lyrica is something new, and even better than Neurontin. I'm glad I have a script!

Thanks for the post man. I really appreciate you spreading the knowledge. I took 1.2g of lyrica about 2 hours ago...its awesome. This has gotten me over my anxiety. I am now laughing and talking with my family. This has to be a miracle drug.

It is a miracle drug, no doubt. I thought the same thing when I tried Neurontin...but then this shit came along, and Neurontin seems like a damned waste of my time!

Status
Not open for further replies.