• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The LYRICA (pregabalin) Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, of course 8), it is fixed in a minute. Not that I think 175mcg LSD is a very large ammount, but I guess pretty many people can associate with that at least.

175 mikes is a substantial amount of acid, I didn't expect pregabalin to be anything like that visual.

Good that You have a clear vision hehe, I forgot to add that the visual-hallucinations can (as I guess it is individually regarding on dose and what not) come fast and hard on withdrawal from the substance and not on the onset or plateu.

Do you mean as you start to come down from the experience, or do you actually mean withdrawal (when you stop taking the drug once you are addicted)?

My girlfriend took 8, 150 mg. Lyrica. Lost balance totally! She was on here way too the fridge when she knocked her head into the door frame too the right side of the fridge and then smashed her head in the floor real HARD. I was on her side, but she was just out off my reach, I am sorry to say! Then we experienced that she had epeleptics? attack. While she was on the floor she was shaking, like all of her muscles was activated, like they turned on and off. Her mouth would not open, and there was this white stuff coming out!!! Her eyes turned too the back and there was NO WAY i could come in contact with here, she was OUT!!! Here heart rate/pulse was really high and this lasted 2 min. I really worried for here at this point I layed my self on top of here and tried too open her mouth which was unable to do. When she was recovering she had a totally memory loss of what just happend and she was uable to stand up. So I had to carrie her to the bed,she had no control off arms or legs. Then tried too talk to here, but she was so out off it that there was no point in it!!

Do you mean as you start to come down from the experience, or do you actually mean withdrawal (when you stop taking the drug once you are addicted)?

Yeah, well You're good at pointing things out, I mean at the withdrawal of addiction - But there was no thing as "Lyrica Addiction" by then. It came as the drug came out of the system (~16 hours from last dose if corretly estimated) and I would call it "the experience" as I was not mentally addicted (had never experienced coming up or down from it) and had at the first time it happened not been using for a litte more than a month (around 3.5 years ago).

What Norway71 wrote about the knocking head into things (strong written, horrible to experience that as a by-stander), easier versions are quite common and the epileptic attack sounded strong on that occassion. Have heard a couple of stories with bad accidents like those, one ending up with lasting epileptic problems so be carefull if trying high doses, good She had You to carry her to the bed. People can hit the head dozens of times trying to "get it right" (like being able to walk trough the door).

Last edited:
Oddly I think pregabalin has less abuse potential than gabapentin. Anyway I've used it daily in therapeutic dosages and stopped and never had any sort of severe withdrawal. It's a mild sedative to me, makes me feel kind of stoned and reduces pain but is not as euphoric as gabapentin.

i got sleep problems or i should say im just a light sleeper
but damn i ate one lyrica and one 2mg xanax
it was the best sleep i have had in a decade

Well, to make a long story short cos I dont feel like writing too much (I think), yesterday I did:
525 mg Lyrica
1g Tramadol
10mg Alprazolam
48mg Bromazepam
900mg Carisoprodol

All taken with a Red Bull and some Sprite

Well, it kicked my ass as many others here. I felt my head SUPER cloudy, incredible light headed, like I was in the clouds of super mario world (?), and I the opiate feel was so strong that it was INCREDIBLY hard to stay awake. The benzos probably potetianted a lot the whole thing, but I took'em because I was worried about seizures (because the 1000mg of Tramadol).

I felt SO opiated (even more than Oxycodone I can state), that I HAD to go to bed and just kept quiet listening to my mp3 while my body was giving me pleasure from all the places, like the blood going through my body was stimulating every opiate receptor of my body (?)

I tried to stay awake, like, sitting in the bed every 20 minutes, but I had the most incredible and powerful CEVs I had in my whole life, everything was "there" going really speedy, I could manage to "see" in the CEV what I wanted (I dont remember what it was) but it was incredible how well it worked, the CEVs was like in my control and going REALLY speedy.

Anyway, at some point, the benzos, the Tramadol and the Lyrica made me sleep, but I dont remember a SHIT when was that, what I was doing, or if I wanted to sleep, the last thing I remember was floating in my CEVs while feeling incredible pleasure on my bed.

I awake today still feeling VERY opiated (like if I were on Hydrocodone) and one of my right arms hurt a little when make force with it, maybe I had a partial seizure or I just slept in a way that my right arm was under my whole body or in a weird position.
I was planning to go to work today, but I still feel cloudy and walking is difficult, also I have the eyes really red, and I barely can stay awake with this opiate feeling. Music sounds very "cloudy" and "pushy" too.

God, I never thought Pregabalin would be SO FUCKING strong. Before the night comes I will try to go to "my familiar pharmacy" to buy another box of Tramadol.
If I can't I will do the Pregabalin alone with Carisoprodol, Alprazolam, Bromazepam and some other shit, but no opiate. I have some SSRIs around, I read in some places that Lyrica with SSRIs makes you hallucinate really hard.

Well, I tried to make this short but I just felt like keep writing
god what does Pregabalin in the brain? I want to know the pharmacology of this shit...

god what does Pregabalin in the brain? I want to know the pharmacology of this shit...

wikipedo is your friend...pregabalin basically seems to inhibit neurotransmission via hyperpolarization from what i can tell:

"Like gabapentin, pregabalin binds to the α2δ (alpha2delta) subunit of the voltage-dependent calcium channel in the central nervous system. This reduces calcium influx into the nerve terminals. Pregabalin also decreases the release of neurotransmitters such as glutamate, noradrenaline, and substance P (Australian Medicines Handbook). Pregabalin increases neuronal GABA levels by producing a dose-dependent increase in glutamic acid decarboxylase activity.[1] Glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD) is the enzyme that converts the excitatory neurotransmitter glutamate into the inhibitory GABA in a single step. For this reason, pregabalin greatly potentiates benzodiazepines, barbiturates & other depressants."

Wow. This drugs potentiates glutamate to make GABA faster in the brain? aside from the binding to the calcium channels, this is "functionality" sounds fantastic.
I can't wait to combine Lyrica with Tramadol, Alprazolam, Bromazepam and Carisoprodol again! I wonder how this drugs would interact with Dyphenhydramine and SSRIs...

Thanks pallidamors, I did a search in Wikipedia about Pregabalin but didn't find this.

dont fuck with lyrica I was addicted to it for like 5 months. i was taking 1.2grams to 2 grams a day. and when I went without it i was a mess. horrible depression insomnia and just a horrible withdrawl. ive been clean from lyrica and all pills for 6 months

^It will increase the action of your benzo, so in that way, I'd say yes.

i think its BS. Nowhere in the study did they say that these drugs would cause dangers to adults, it was more an argument of not exposing children to them (duh.) By the time you're an adult, new synapse formation isn't really important, since learning largely takes place simply by the strengthening of existing synapses. The web page you grabbed the article (if I can call it that, its really more an editorial) from is obviously pushing an agenda, so you'd probably be better off reading the actual study if you want to take anything away from it, not a bunch of ridiculous commentary made by hacks who obviously know nothing about neurobiology.

my mate gets prescribed the 75mg ones and we usually snort the contents of the capsule because it gives a nice high if you do enough.

Yesterday I did 450mg Lyrica, 6mg Alprazolam and 250mg Naproxen. The last one definitely enhanced the Lyrica.

I do not know, I didn't believe it would make anything too, but I did the "scientific" method: proved both sustances together, and it indeed powered my small Lyrica dosage a lot. After a while (some hours) it made me pass out like always Lyrica does.
I have no idea why Naproxen interacts with Lyrica nor can I prove it, I just know that it potentiated my trip, and only that is a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.